Xen Supplies?

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
It was supposed to be back in stock end of May/Beginning of June.
There is still no sign of it down here in Sunny Kent. Is there any popping up elsewhere in the country?
My prescription has 2 days before its out of date (they only last 3 months) so I am going to have to go back to the doctors for another prescription once the chemists are recieving stock again.

Just wondered if anyone else had been able to get their tablets and where from. I have done the ring around the chemists again but still no luck. ASDA Pharmacy informed me that they have 15 prescriptions already queued up waiting for it, so even when they do get some in it will go to those first.

nhs prescriptions last 6 months. hand the prescription in the chemist and then they will ring u when they have it in stock xx

I have a prescription due to run out too. My doc said they only last 3 months. No sign of any tablets here either :(

Thanks Jezzi :) Good to know! Dont need to panic so much now hehe :) x

Where about in Kent are you? There is a chemist in Strood which i get mine from. If that is any good for you PM me and I will give you the details.

I got my tablets from them about 2 weeks ago and the pharmacist told me they have always had them in despite the shortage.

Thanks Sarah, will send you a PM.

Just found this online

"Xenical 120mg capsules (Updated 31st May, 2012)
Roche issued the following statement:
"Due to manufacturing issues Roche is out of stock of Xenical. Following a recent meeting with the European Medicines Agency, Xenical is anticipated to continue to remain out of stock with no further updates until the end of July at the earliest, however Roche cannot guarantee that supply will be resumed at that time.
We regret the on-going inconvenience this is causing for you and your patients. Roche is making every effort to address the manufacturing issue and will provide you with an update as soon as the product is available again."

Source: Xenical 120mg Caps / Mircera - Stock Shortages (roche) Updated… · News · PSNC

Although up to now I really did believe it would come back I'm now doubting it from that wording, there appears to be an issue..... So maybe now we need to find that willpower that is deep seated in us. I know I've said this before & I am sure Kayee will back me up that if I can do this without xen anyone can. It's not easy & I won't pretend it is & as my holiday gain proves its all too easy to slip but lets not let a little blue pill or lack of it beat us x

I think this is it ladies. The end of the road. :( never mind we've all proved we can lose weight with or without it do let's carry on. We've still got minis and each other.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looks like it's all down to Teva, maybe they'll increase their supply. According to one website they only manufacture a limited amount, which is why it goes so quickly when pharmacies get it in. x

TracyGWill said:
Looks like it's all down to Teva, maybe they'll increase their supply. According to one website they only manufacture a limited amount, which is why it goes so quickly when pharmacies get it in. x

No I have a feeling there is a problem with the drug & maybe no-one is allowed to manufacture....

Lexie2005 said:
No I have a feeling there is a problem with the drug & maybe no-one is allowed to manufacture....

The online pharmacy I looked at said that Teva is still manufacturing Orlistat, but that it isn't set up to make it in large quantities, which is why the supply is sporadic and quickly disappears - that does fit in with how some months I can get the Teva and some not, but who knows?! xx

Think I'm with Lexie on that one. I had teva for a couple of months before it all stopped. My pharmacy have my prescription on owing and they can't even get teva

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh no, so do you think that's it then?

I have about 6wks worth left (started 2wks ago) and i'm tgotally in the right frame of mind to do it this time, has only taken me 6yrs haha! I don't know how I will do without it though :(

Is Alli still available?

hypno1 said:
Oh no, so do you think that's it then?

I have about 6wks worth left (started 2wks ago) and i'm tgotally in the right frame of mind to do it this time, has only taken me 6yrs haha! I don't know how I will do without it though :(

Is Alli still available?

There's a lot of speculation about on different websites about the reasons behind Xenical bring unavailable - some seem to think it's a disagreement between Roche and the NHS now that they're no longer the sole manufacturer, but I don't know if there's any truth to that! One on-line pharmacy has been informed that they're restarted production of Xenical in the USA, but that probably won't solve the problem in Europe. So basically, who knows?! I think it's best to get used to the idea that it won't come back, then if it does it'll be a nice surprise, lol. At the end of the day, it only offers a very small amount of additional weight loss, most of the work is done by us anyway!! All the best. xx

Aw thanks so much for the reply! I think it's the placebo effect isn't it? Is there any info on how much weight loss is through xenical i.e. I saw the alli website and it says for every 2lb you lose alone Alli can lose you an extra 1lb and they are only half the strength of Xenical aren't they?

I saw a box of Alli on sale in my local chemist a couple fo weeks ago and wish I got it now, going to go up tom and see if it is still there but doubt it.

hypno1 said:
Aw thanks so much for the reply! I think it's the placebo effect isn't it? Is there any info on how much weight loss is through xenical i.e. I saw the alli website and it says for every 2lb you lose alone Alli can lose you an extra 1lb and they are only half the strength of Xenical aren't they?

I saw a box of Alli on sale in my local chemist a couple fo weeks ago and wish I got it now, going to go up tom and see if it is still there but doubt it.

From what I've read on websites that aren't actually trying to sell it, based on clinical trials Xenical can produce additional weight loss of up to 3kgs a year (6.6lbs), so as I say, it's very modest. By that reckoning, given that I've lost 5 stone so far, at least 4.5 stone of that is down to my calorie controlled diet. I think a lot of people use it to avoid eating what they see as "bad" foods, because of the potential side effects, but I haven't taken that approach personally. xx

jezzi999 said:
It's nothing to do with any spat between the company and the NHS I can tell you that, even private clinics and hospitals can't get a supply from the wholesalers or manufacturers. I believe it's a problem with the manufacturing plant or the raw materials. Thats the info we are getting from our wholesalers.

Yeah, as I said, it was all speculation, including stuff about potential harmful effects etc. Maybe they will end up withdrawing it. It's just odd how the Teva version keeps reappearing sporadically. xx

hypno1 said:
Oh I hope they don't withdraw it!

I do have to say & I hope I'm wrong for you all but I think they may well do, not sure what is happening with teva just have to hope they start manufacturing at higher levels

Back