Xena's Last 10 Pounds...

How did the exam go? xx

Not good in afraid :( I'll almost definitely going to have to resit but I just got to the point where I wanted to get it out of the way...so onto another one with a fresh start.

I ate loads of rubbish over the last couple of days but I've done lots of walking so it's all evened out and I'm still at 10 stone 2.

Tried some dresses on in h&m and felt pretty good in them :) going to whip out the workout DVDs soon to try and tone up.

Today's mission is to tidy and clean my room, it looks like a bombs hit it (omg I sound like my mum!)

Today has been a long day! I feel like I've lost my mojo a bit with the diet. I've been doing ok but when I've earned exercise calories I'm just eating lots of sweets which I guess isn't the idea! It's just a stressful weekend but tomorrow is a new day.

Am also vowing not to buy any more multipacks of anything as I have munched through the entire bag of maoam in only a few days, plus it has been a massive struggle not to eat all the Oreos I bought.

I really want to get to 10 stone so that's my goal for the nect week starting tomorrow. I do better when I've planned in advance my meals so I'll do that now.

Have bought more bagels (food of the gods) and I've decided milkybars are a little piece of heaven.

Will start doing a long walk or jog down the canal in the evenings to earn some cals so I can have more substantial meals especially breakfast.

Drawing a line under this horrid weekend and making a fresh start tomorrow!

Had a good day today :) work was a laugh, we all had the giggles, ive stuck to my cals today and am even 150 cals under as I did my turbofire workout which earned me some calories :) I nearly didn't do it, but I made myself and now I feel so much better, I must remember this feeling!

Also did about an hour of studying for my new exam :)

AND made my lunch for tomorrow - blt pasta salad with garlic and herb dressing, it looks amazing!

Going to see Miranda hart tomorrow night too.

It's all good in the hood!

Miranda was good but not amazing :-/ I overdid it on the wine gums and biscuits yesterday :( once I go over my cals I find it hard to stop eating! But I did squeeze in a kettlercise workout before we went which was good. Aching all over today as I did my turbofire workout the day before also. Going to try and do some exercise most days. I've got a DVD called Pilates the bottom line too, all about lifting your bum so i need to give that a try! I am determined not to give up. I think people at work think I will, we were talking about how many diets I've started since November and it's at least 10 or 15 :-/ I must persevere!

Managed just about to stay in cals today and have planned out tomorrow. Having an early night tonight cos I am so knackered. Tomorrow's meals are healthier than usual with more protein to hopefully keep me full. Going to mums tomorrow to look after the dogs whilst they're away so plan is to take my study books and get the first chapter done.
My whole body is aching from the kettlebell workout so it must be working! In fact I'm going to take that with me too and try and do the full length workout. M&s fuller longer meal for tea, oatcakes and cottage cheese for lunch and porridge for brekky.
Going to bed now, no point being awake when I've ran out of cals! ;)

OHHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDDDDDD I've fallen off the wagon already :( My pathetic excuses are as follows: It's 'lady time' I walked into work today to a sight of biscuits, cupcakes, doughnuts, chocolate doughnuts and party rings. ARGH!!! I think I just eat out of boredom and tiredness. And I always put a few pounds on at the time of the month and just think I'll make the most of it by bingeing on crap. And I don't even enjoy it! I was so focused and I've just totally gone off track. Need to get back in the zone. To make things worse, tomorrow is 'Fat Friday' at work and everyone is getting a chippy. I'm going to give myself a break, try not to go too mental, and get back on it on Saturday. I have told them from next week no more messing around, I am going into BEAST MODE!

Last edited:
I've calmed down now. I looked in the mirror in the skud today and thought you know what, I look pretty good. Yesterday's binge didn't turn me into the 600lb woman on the telly last night. I just go a bit mad at lady time, I feel like I can't cope with anything, I get depressed and all I want to do is eat.

From tomorrow I have 21 days til the party and I'm going to focus on doing my best. For now I have to cope with Fat Friday :-/

've calmed down now. I looked in the mirror in the skud today and thought you know what, I look pretty good. Yesterday's binge didn't turn me into the 600lb woman on the telly last night. I just go a bit mad at lady time, I feel like I can't cope with anything, I get depressed and all I want to do is eat.

From tomorrow I have 21 days til the party and I'm going to focus on doing my best. For now I have to cope with Fat Friday :-/

You have been doing so well, one off day doesn't matter if the majority of the days are good days :)

Keep going xx

Thank you :) I'm going to draw a line under it and start all over again tomorrow. Just planning my meals now...keep calm and carry on!

Yes I'm afraid so! But I had a small one so it wasn't too bad. I decided to stop beating myself up about it and have a 'day off' and as soon as I said that I didn't feel the urge to stuff myself as much today! Whatever the scale says tomorrow in going to have that as my new starting weight, tell myself last week was a 'practice', and focus for 3 weeks until my friends party. I could be near my goal then if I put my mind to it. It seems to be the last few pounds that are the most stubborn :(

Am even considering hiding the scale from myself as I get so obsessed :( for a week at least! I want to get into doing my kettlebell training and it will dishearten me if the scale doesn't budge due to retaining water from exercise. Easier said than done though!

At one time I used to be like that and would moan if it didn't read what I wanted - my OH got so fed up with it that one day when I went to get weighed the scales had gone - he had taken them away and would only give them to me on a Friday morning. It did cure me though. :)

At one time I used to be like that and would moan if it didn't read what I wanted - my OH got so fed up with it that one day when I went to get weighed the scales had gone - he had taken them away and would only give them to me on a Friday morning. It did cure me though. :)

Whenever I've got my fella to hide them before I ended up begging him the next day to get them back out! But I know it would make me concentrate more on getting fitter and healthier and doing more exercise because at the moment I'm put off doing too much because of it making me heavier on the scale...perhaps it's time for a new approach...that could be part of my 3 week challenge...watch this space!

Yesterday I went over by 250 but considering I went out for a meal and drinks with friends I really wasn't bad :) did lots of walking and my exercise DVD so I'm feeling good about it.

Bought 2 weight watchers recipe books so that I stop living off ready meals and potato waffles!

Lots to do today:

Tidy up!!
Buy a present for my brother
Take stuff back to river island
Go to mums for tea
Do a load of washing
Paint nails
Hour of studying
Exercise

Lordy! How will I fit it all in!! God help me if I have kids!

Just been for a 5 mile run! Well run/walk but I managed 1.1 miles without walking. I got into my stride after about 4 miles. I hate running but my exercise video hurts my shoulder so I might just get back into running. Davina McCall inspired me especially when her friend said she hates running and is crap at it...
Next time I'll try and do the same 5 miles but run the first 1.2 without stopping...progress not perfection...

Well done on the run.
I keep thinking I will do the couch to 5k programme but always find some excuse not to start it like I don't have the right kind of phone and my ipad is too big to run with :) Really must pull my finger out but at the moment getting back into my Linda Sansone 2 mile walk which I do like.

Did you see Davina McCall doing the bike ride etc last week - she really is an inspiration.

Well done on the run. I keep thinking I will do the couch to 5k programme but always find some excuse not to start it like I don't have the right kind of phone and my ipad is too big to run with :) Really must pull my finger out but at the moment getting back into my Linda Sansone 2 mile walk which I do like. Did you see Davina McCall doing the bike ride etc last week - she really is an inspiration.

It takes me longer to psych myself up for a run than it does to actually do it! Why don't you sign up for a 5k race then you have something to train for? If not, just do whatever you enjoy, that's the main thing as long as you are doing something :)
Yeah I saw davina I think she's a goddess!! My nan saw her on the news and said 'that woman is such an attention seeker!!'
Managed another run tonight, just over 2 miles. I was 99% sure I wasn't going to go but felt so much better afterwards. And I ate a cookie and a flapjack today, my mother appears to have taken up baking :-/

So great to see you have been out running. You did brill to run for over a mile on your first time out in ages! x

Thank you :) I never thought I'd say I'd ever get into it, I have done it half heartedly over the years but always hated it! Now it's good to see the calories racking up and i can see it being quite therapeutic - I was in a totally different mood after - calmer and happier.

Tonight I'll either go for a longish run or I'll do my turbofire DVD and try and save up plenty of cals for tomorrow - going to hickorys for tea :( have looked at the menu and I'm a bit screwed! They do salads but I may aswell have something I really want cos I bet the salads are just as bad - I had one in Frankie and Benny's once and it was over 1000 calories!

Back