Xenical info for New Starters!!..

i have a diary thread in the xenical diarys which explains what kind of stuff i do :p your welcome to stop by and your very welcome for the info xx

Thanks for the great thread and well done on your weightloss so far, you are such an inspiration xx

Hi,
I've just joined the forum and reading through all the entries is really inspiring. I'm hoping some of your committment will rub off on me.
I've been on Xenical since June 09 and have found it very effective, although I have slipped of the straight and narrow from time to time. I spent a happy hour today trying on old clothes - that haven't fitted for years. I've got stuff in various sizes from 10 to 24 and even if the scales seem to get stuck I often find I can get into something smaller!
Thanks for all the great posts. It's helped me feel more determined.

welcome to the forum , im so happy that you can see that sometimes its not scales that move its inches that disapear from you :) , once you realise that your a winner!!..

hope your weekend is going great xx

Sounds so much clearer when you put it that way. GP's should have some sort of hand out to give when prescribing this. Im already to start on Tues, eating as though Im on tabs just now, dont actually want to take them till tues cos im off work for 3 days then, so should let me get used to them!!

Everyone seems to be doing so well on here! Such a inspiration to read all your stories, esp yours pink punk!

Take care all,
luv Pamela xx

Hi today is my first day on Xenical I was so worried about taking it for the first time after hearing all the horror stories. But I am confident that unless it doesnt agree with me I should be safe as I dont eat a high fat diet, just the odd bad thing at the wrong time which I know I will have to be strict about.

2 hours after taking my first tablet- after having my lunch of Special K, Skimmed milk and a banana (usually what every one has for breakfast but I cant face eating until 12ish) I feel fine, no cramps or any other problems.

Does anyone have any tips on what healthy foods doesnt work with Xencial- I love salmon but heard they dont mix too well.

The only advice I was given by my doctor was to take a mulivitamin at bed time does every one else do this?

Any help would be most appreciated Thanks Laura :eek:

hey laura im afraid everyones bodys are diff but the main ones to watch , is salmon (sorry lol) eggs , cheese even low fat ones... hmm sauces .. tomato based sauses usually ok... if you eat below 5g rule shud be okay!!..

you wont get any side effects unless u eat the rong stuff dont worry xx

HI, I'm new to the board. I've been on Xenical since June. I definitely do get the side effects.

I just read your comment about eggs Pink and it would probably explain why the past 2 days have been a bit worse than I was expecting after having sausages, chips and a fried egg (which I would just like to point it not a regular meal for me).

and after I had a quiche come to think of it and mayonnaise as well!

Hmmm I shall have to try to avoid eggs :eek:

Hi I've been taking this for a week and I keep getting indigestion has anyone else had this problem.
Jayne

i eat salmons about twice a week and don't seem to have noticed any change, if i did i would still eat it as its not bad fat and its good to eat 2 portions of fish a week (1 oily)

purple_kathryn it may not be the egg causing that although that adds to it , chips and sausages contain a high amount of fat on there own so be wary of those as well xx

And yes salmon is a good fat if you havent had any side effects id say go for it but for some of us teh side effects aint pretty when it comes to salmon.

Oh yeah PiiNK_PuNkStarr totally. I was expecting a "bad" day but it was a bit worse than I expected and the only difference from the last time I had sausages and chips was the egg.

Unless my dad didn't put them on the grill and just left them on the bottom of the tray so they fat didn't drip out. :confused::( Which is entirely possible.

Just wanted to put up a thread that may help new starters understand the tablet more...

The 5g rule?..

You should stick to foods with 5g or less of fat per 100g of product , sounds hard but its surprising how many things you can actually eat.. and if your like me you will freak when you see just how much fat the foods you used to eat actually have *gulps* LOL.. and you should stick to 15g or less of fat in total per meal , again it sounds daunting but its not so hard.

Side effects?

People always asking about side effects and why there havent had any?? remember xenical isnt a miricle pill its just to keep you on the straight with your diets.. if your sticking to the above rule ^^^ then more then likely you wont get any side effects at all. but please remember everyones different and certain things may give you trouble when its fine for the next person.. im afraid most things are trial and error.... Salmon is a bad one for me because xenical cant determined bad oils from good so just gets rid =[.. lol.... and on the otherhand if your eating badly then you will have to deal with the side effects.

How long does xenical take to work..

Again everyones different but from my own and friends expieriences id say its approx 5-7 days to get into the body so dont be disheartened if you have just took your first pill and nothings happened .. good things come to those who wait =]

EXERCISE??

is it important? YES! .. ive noticed that people on xencial that are not as active lose between 1-3lbs a week but those that are more active loose more .... so even if its cleaning or walking exercise is a must with these pills.

anything else just ask and ill try answer for you =D.

So if your new to xencial or even just this forum welcome. Everyone on here are really supportive so please jump in and get to know us.. We have monthly challenges together that we do as a team.. we voted on the team name MICASA SUCASA. which means my home is your home.. so with that come jump in and chat =D.​
[/QUOTE

thanks for the information

hi all , wat a great post thanks so much, on my 1st day i had 2 boiled eggs i thought i was being good lol

also had salmon 2day and didnt realise it was a bad mix with the tablets, had a bit of a side effect but not too much thank god, but that explains it as i was wondering y i was havin any side effect at all i only had 2 slices of salmon and the rest of the meal was tomatoes, celery, cucumber, and low fat potatoe salad so that explains it.

il b avoiding salmon from now on lol.

missin my snacks tho, is afew buttered ryvitas ok to snack on as i sometimes get hungry late at night ?

is there anywhere here where meals r posted as im having trouble thinking of hot meals that r ok, also im findin it hard to work out the fat in each meal? any tips?

I think there are a lot of recipes in the slimming world forum. in fact my mum gets the slimming world magazine although she doesn't go to the group cause we really like the recipes in there :). Although because they use a point system (like Weight Watchers) called Syns sometimes they're not all that healthy

i deffo would stay clear of buttered rivitas , butter is high in fat most spreads are so make sure they stick within 5g rule per 100g , everyones diff so its trial and error with a lot of things =[ , but eggs and salmon seem to get most people im afraid xxx

Just wanted to put up a thread that may help new starters understand the tablet more...​

The 5g rule?..

You should stick to foods with 5g or less of fat per 100g of product , sounds hard but its surprising how many things you can actually eat.. and if your like me you will freak when you see just how much fat the foods you used to eat actually have *gulps* LOL.. and you should stick to 15g or less of fat in total per meal , again it sounds daunting but its not so hard.​

Side effects?

People always asking about side effects and why there havent had any?? remember xenical isnt a miricle pill its just to keep you on the straight with your diets.. if your sticking to the above rule ^^^ then more then likely you wont get any side effects at all. but please remember everyones different and certain things may give you trouble when its fine for the next person.. im afraid most things are trial and error.... Salmon is a bad one for me because xenical cant determined bad oils from good so just gets rid =[.. lol.... and on the otherhand if your eating badly then you will have to deal with the side effects.​

How long does xenical take to work..

Again everyones different but from my own and friends expieriences id say its approx 5-7 days to get into the body so dont be disheartened if you have just took your first pill and nothings happened .. good things come to those who wait =]​

EXERCISE??

is it important? YES! .. ive noticed that people on xencial that are not as active lose between 1-3lbs a week but those that are more active loose more .... so even if its cleaning or walking exercise is a must with these pills.​

anything else just ask and ill try answer for you =D.​

So if your new to xencial or even just this forum welcome. Everyone on here are really supportive so please jump in and get to know us.. We have monthly challenges together that we do as a team.. we voted on the team name MICASA SUCASA. which means my home is your home.. so with that come jump in and chat =D.​
[/QUOTE

thanks for the information

Do you count calories or just stick to your rules above?
what would you typically eat?
thanks

Back