XLS Medical

well i have another 2 lb loss this week, which after a naughty weekend is a bit of a miricle, so from my point of view something is working well :D

I am following SW (with a couple of tweaks) and combineing the 2 gives me the loss i want its not mega but its sustainable :D

I have returned from Portugal and am about to kick-start my weight loss again. I ended up not taking any tablets with me so have been on a break from them. I now have a full months worth of supply which I will be munching away on along with getting to the gym and eating better than I have. I am pleased with the fact that I didn't gain any weight whilst travelling. yay!

I might get stoned for this but one trick I have learned that always does the trick when on a weight loss stall (by stall, I mean no loss despite hard work for over 2 weeks) is to eat only eggs for 1 day. Don't ask me why but that has always worked for me. I am very careful about using that trick through as I end up eating 5-6 eggs and there is only so many such days a person can take. When I say only eggs, I mean ONLY eggs. No milk, no butter, no nothing but water and eggs.

I will keep that in mind Sigrun, one day on eggs only would certainly be enough for me. I'm not overly keen on eggs..
:)
Well done on no weight gain. How long have you been taking XLS?

This my second week gone. No weight loss, no gain either. Apart from the apetite loss there is no change. Im not sure if they work. I only bought 120 and ill finish them. If still mo result dnt know if ill buy any :) hows everyone getting on?

well i have another 2 lb loss this week, which after a naughty weekend is a bit of a miricle, so from my point of view something is working well :D

I am following SW (with a couple of tweaks) and combineing the 2 gives me the loss i want its not mega but its sustainable :D
That's great Broadbean. I'd be quite happy to lose 2lbs per week on average. I'm not following any particular died but I'm being very careful about what I eat. I'm sure the tablets are curbing my appetite, which for me is wonderful! :)

This my second week gone. No weight loss, no gain either. Apart from the apetite loss there is no change. Im not sure if they work. I only bought 120 and ill finish them. If still mo result dnt know if ill buy any :) hows everyone getting on?
Hi Roxana, if you're not following a particular diet have you tried keeping a food diary? Sorry to be nosy.... :)

Prior to going to Portugal, I was on XLS for 10 days and lost 1,5kg that have stayed off. I joined Weight Watchers this morning as well so hopefully the combination of those will enable me to get rid of this extra padding I don´t want!

Hey everyone - I'm new to Minimins, but have been reading this thread as a guest and find it all very interesting!! OK - those who are wondering, I'm 26, 5'6" and my starting weight 5 weeks ago was 80kg!! I'm on XLS have been now for 5 weeks...(with one week break as I had ran out!) - I have lost 5kg in 5 weeks...! (13lb i think this is...) The fastest I think i've lost anyweight without dieting - I eat 1200 - 2200 calories... a day...it's VERY unsual for me to eat under 1600. On average I eat 1800. Some days, I went over 3000!!! So it's not like i've been on a diet!! I excersise now and again...say, 15 min runs twice a week...some weights...ab toning...long walks...but nothing OTT... OKAY BACK TO XLS - like some of you, It makes me constipated!! If I eat something really fatty I take 3, but I get heartburn eat 3! ...Nothing a Rennie or laxatives can't help with. XLS takes the guilt away...I was given a 50 euro box of chocolates...needless to say, i've eaten the lot! (took 3 XLS after like it was a meal! haha) - Haven't lost this week, but i think it's because i'm constipated and eaten over 2000 a day...but haven't gained either...I'll keep you all posted on my progress!! 10KG to go!!! x

oooh I missed one thing which I think some of you may find interesting!!!! I was curious to see how these tablets work! So...I put one in a glass of warm water and a table spoon of olive oil....as soon as i dropped the pill in the mixture (which you can imagine, fat floats so the oil was sat at the top) the pill broke through the oil and sat at the bottom...clung to it, was a bubble of oil!! As I watched, the pill started to break apart..The particles which broke off, floated to the top where the oil was. it created a thick layer it started to soak up the oil!! about 3rd of the olive oil was absorbed...it was like a jelly type mixture...after i left it on the side for a day, It looked quite amazing...the oil at the top, a jelly green layer followed by the water...I spooned it out, and I can see what they mean by the fat 'changes form!!' it's more 'sticky and thicker' - I hope you find this as interesting as I did!! I found it quite reasuring!

Everhopeful, im just watching what im eating. Not on a particular diet. My days are all over the place with a toddler and a 6 mnts baby :) and i just cant get my head around a diet at the mo :) i will finish the lot i have and not sure ill buy more until i decide on one diet. What diet are u doing? Take care?

hannibanani that experiment is interesting :) so the pills must be doing something in the end :) will see how things go from now. good luck in your weight loss journey :)

Last edited:
Yes Roxana, I'm just eating less than I used to and avoiding food with sugar in as much as I can. I usually don't feel hungry since starting XLS but for some reason about an hour ago I had a slice of hot buttered toast. I mustn't do that too often.

Everhopeful said:
Yes Roxana, I'm just eating less than I used to and avoiding food with sugar in as much as I can. I usually don't feel hungry since starting XLS but for some reason about an hour ago I had a slice of hot buttered toast. I mustn't do that too often.

I am doing the same. And really can notice that i have lost my appetite. I am not snacking in between meals like i used to. I am at home at the moment on maternity leave so used to eat all the time :)

hannibanani, that is SO interesting! I think I need to see it myself now as well! What a great idea to see the pill in action! Well done on your loss by the way!

I tried the experiement last night and it was very interesting. It looked like something from outer space! Funny how the fat turned green really. Another thing that I have noticed in the last 3 days is that I am no longer constipated. I have changed my diet from Dukan to WW and it seems to have made a huge difference when it comes to the loo visit frequency. My weigh in is on Sunday so I won't know until then if there has been any joy in this last week or not.

Wow, hannibanani, that is a pretty cool idea! I would never have thought of doing that...hmm, so it proves the tablets do actually bind fat so why are they not working for me?!?!
I have been pretty stalled in weight loss. Couple of pounds on, couple off, even though I exercise hard and mainly stick to SW. Although sometimes I gave up abit cuz I wasnt seeing any change. But when I saw these marketed I thought they might kick start a good loss so bought a packet from boots.
Started and followed SW for a week with one blow out on the Saturday for my friends birthday then the following Saturday (WI day) I put on 6lbs! I walked out and burst into tears!!
Considering I spent the majority of September in America putting only 2.5lb on, then losing 0.5lb the following week I was devasted.
I've also been having alot of health issues regarding stomach and toilet issues (wont go into too much detail!!) and have been to the doctors for every test under the sun it feels like :cry:eek:nly to come away with no diagnosis and mainly no help.
So under the watchful eye of Google, I have decided I am intolerant/allergic to gluten so I have cut this out along with dairy and I have to say I have felt better this week. I have kept taking XLS just to see and my weigh in is tomorrow so I think I'll decide then whether to continue using them.
I love the thought they help you on your way if your doing so much hard work yourself but I have a feeling I wont be buying anymore. I refuse to believe they would cause a 6lb weight gain, but if tomorrow doesnt show good results I will have to come off them anyway and stick to gluten free and SW just to compare.
As for appetite reduction - I dont think they have reduced mine that much if at all. No 'bad' side effects either regarding leaking fat and having to stay close to the loo :p

I have lost 2lbs this week, that's 5½lbs since starting XLS. I'm quite happy with this kind of loss. I don't believe in miracles.. :)

I had my weigh in today and I´ve lost 2kg this week! Woohoooo!!!!

Back