Xmas and eating plans..

Lindyxx

What will everyone be doing at xmas, sticking to their eating plans or having a few days off to enjoy the fetivities?
I personally feel Im doing really well at the moment on SW and dont really want to sabbotage it at xmas (scared once I start eating choccie and stuff I wont be able to stop). But dont want to look a bit of a killjoy when everyone else is tucking in to all the goodies.

I did originally decide that I was going to stick to plan 100%, but thinking about it...Im going to have some days off..maybe the week, but no more. That way, I can have some chocolate and not think about going over syns or even crisps (I dont drink, so thats not an issue)..I dont want to have to keep synning everything I put in my mouth over Christmas, so yes, Im going off plan, but straight back on it again afterwards!

I did originally decide that I was going to stick to plan 100%, but thinking about it...Im going to have some days off..maybe the week, but no more. That way, I can have some chocolate and not think about going over syns or even crisps (I dont drink, so thats not an issue)..I dont want to have to keep synning everything I put in my mouth over Christmas, so yes, Im going off plan, but straight back on it again afterwards!
Yea I feel the same dont wanna be synning everything that goes in my mouth, but know im gonna feel so guilty, as up to now have stuck to plan 100% since starting. Plus Im going away for a few days at New year, so may have my off plan days then instead of the xmas.

I think i've decided to have christmas day and boxing day as flexible syns, i'm still going to count what i've had so there's an element of control

Well I plan to stick to ee as best as poss but allow myself some syns for the extras that go with my xmas dinner and won't stress about it if I do go over as don't plan to eat any sweets as folk have been warned they are not welcome in this house lol. I won't be buying in biscuits of any kind either sweet or savoury and definately won't be buying in much drink either since my new tablets advise you not to have any or very little.

I'm returning to SW next Tuesday and intend to take one or two days off over the full season. My Ohs parents are coming to us on Christmas Day and I would feel awkward 'restricting' them (that's my excuse anyway!)

I am having xmas day off. I know I can have days off (if planned ahead of time) and can get pack on plan straight afterwards. I do want to enjoy xmas though, and I am not giving up the wonder of xmas day, the dinner & all the delights for the rest of my life! But xmas eve/boxing day will be 100% back on plan.

From experience I find it better to allow myself days off than to go accidentally off plan and then feel guilty.
I'm having Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing day and NYE off. Hoping not to go mad, but I'm going to have whatever I want.

I am not going to have 'time off' as the temptation would be to go mad while I can-

I am going to make really clever choices where I can- I got the SW book 'Festive Foods and Fun' last year and it was really really helpful. I also filled the house full of free low/syn food so I didn't feel deprived
Tangerines, tinned ham, smoked salmon, prawns, rice salad, chestnuts, dips and crudites, cooked chicken, potato salad, melon and tons of turkey- all yummy

I will definately be taking a break. I'm not sure if other groups are doing the same but a few weeks back, our consultant gave us christmas cards and told us to write our desired weight the first week at christmas and then the weight we'd like to see after christmas. She said she understands that some of us might gain and wanted us to put a reliatic weight that we would be happy to se on the scales on our next weigh in after christmas.

We put our addresses on the front and she said she will post them to us before christmas :)

I think I will probally have flexi syns over christmas. I am making the dinner this year and not having any extra for dinner (ie its just me, the oh and our 2 kids) and then heading to my mums for the evening so I am hoping there will not be much in the way of temptation. Fingers crossed.

not sure yet....thinking i might stick to it. Drink will be the problem, not food! Your consultant's idea sounds good, Hayley!
I know class will be packed in Jan and I'm a slow loser so I don't want to put on more than a pound really cos then I know I'll be jealous of the new starters who come in and lose five pounds in one week! when i've gone backwards!!

i am going to do the following:

relax!

cook from scratch for xmas day!

exercise for half hour each day i have off work!

Pray for the light scale fairies to be kind when i weigh in after Xmas!

x

I'm going to stick to the plan because once I get off I find it hard to get back on! But I'm sure I'll use all my syns everyday!!

hi all

i have deciced to have xmas eve off,xmas day off and boxing day off but what im going to do is save all my syns for a week have loads superfree foods in the run up to xmas so then i can really enjoy those 3 days off without feeling guilty then hopefully when i weigh in after xmas the damage wont be too bad

i am gonna have no syns on the run up to xmas have xmas day and boxing day off (but not go mad ) and the same new yr eve (were going to london to see new year in ) so wanna be able to enjoy a few drinks then straight back on plan so am hoping wont be too much damage :break_diet:

Sounds like a lot of us have the same ideas!!

I have decided to go off plan for xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day. I hope I wont go too mad, but I cant wait to have a good old drink!!!

I am not going to strictly follow plan during christmas/new year week. I think a big difference for me since being on sw is that I generally make better food choices. The main holiday days I will indulge, I am looking forward to the wine! Hopefully the run up to Christmas I will be especially good with plan then I can enjoy the holiday week! I have the whole week off work (havent had this for a few years) so intend to have a good time!

Back