Total Solution X's Restart Diary: Xmas & Beyond!

13st By Xmas

Bad At Dieting
Okay, so I started off this diet in a great mood (3 weeks ago now, I think), I lost 7 pounds! Then.... Week 2 & I lost nothing, felt bloated, headaches. It felt like a delayed reaction to the low amount of carbs. Fueled by me not losing a single pound - I ate. I ate, ate, ate & then ate some more. It was only for three days but it was pretty ridiculous. I gained every single pound back. Plus 2 extra. Great.

So, here I am again. Starting tomorrow. No crazy goals, just one stone at a time. No - one day at a time. Losing is losing and that's all that matters. I need to stop fretting about the scales so much. I am going to lose weight if I just stay on track and don't eat out of disappointment.

The only problem is that my darling boyfriend bought me size 12 jeans. They are so.... tiny. Oh boy. So tiny. He said he wanted to get me something to work towards fitting in to, but I feel like they are so out of reach, I am just so huge. They are staring at me, taunting me!

I carry all of my weight on my tummy, so going down in sizes takes a long time for both tops & bottoms. I do however have a size 18 pair of high waisted jeans which are my next goal. I'd like to fit into them by October, ideally. I am an uncomfortable, bulgy size 20 at the moment. I think even at my goal of 12st I will probably still be a large size 14, certainly no smaller. Being apple shaped sucks!

Anyway, hi. I'm not very good at keeping up with diaries (the reason I didn't start one in the first place), but I think it's probably going to be useful, especially in the first few weeks of restarting.

One good thing amongst all of this blabber: I ordered more packs today & I LOVE the carbonara! :D

Hi there, I'm starting today :) I did exante in Jan and lost about 21lbs but went off track and have put it all back on plus some too. I am pretty determined this time round as I know if you follow the diet properly the weight will come off :) good luck and look forward to seeing how your journey continues x

Hey, welcome to Exante!! Well done for re-starting, it's really quite daunting when the end goal you envisage seems so very far in the future, I completely understand that. Tbh I have not even contemplated actually wearing a size 12. Long term goals are so important. But the small ones along the way that will actually get you there and they can easily be overlooked. Speaking from experience, the disappointment that sometimes comes over me for being so far away still from my end goal can make me lose sight of the ones I have already achieved or the next one that is so much nearer than that big one at the end. So I hope you have a good start, keep at it and with the first couple of goals you reach, you'll have a steady pace and routine that will give you confidence to see it through :)

Hi & thanks! Wise words - you're totally right. I think once I get into a routine things will just fall into place a bit better and hopefully it'll become the norm. :)

Hi and welcome. Don't worry about fitting into the jeans. Put them away and get them out again after you've lost a few stones. In addition to buying myself a new bracelet for each stone lost, I set myself small targets for which \i reward myself - usually with some sort of pampering. If you stick to the diet, keep a diary and read others' for support and motivation you will find the weight will go down steadily.

Hi & thanks! That's a great idea, any excuse to buy myself something is a good one, lol. I will think about little rewards for sure! :)

Not feeling very hungry today. I had an upset stomach during the night but I do feel much better now.

I'm usually a daily weigher (every single time I'm in the bathroom I'll weigh myself! :eek:) but for the purpose of getting into the swing of things I am going to try my absolute best not to step onto those scales until Monday. Definitely a test of my willpower! I hope the wait will be worth it in the end.

Just trying to master the mousse mix at the moment. Always seems to come out lumpy & jelly-like but I'll keep trying.

Also had a think about little rewards to myself throughout this journey. I think once I do get into those size 18 jeans I'll buy myself a pair of winter boots that I've been eyeing up. Gives me time to save up for them too! :)

Today I resisted a sushi lunch (literally my most favorite food EVER!), after rejecting that my friend actually bought me a box of it & slipped it into my bag. Why do some people just not take 'no' for an answer? :p I was THIS CLOSE to eating it (it really is my favorite), but decided to give it to a homeless woman I saw on the way home. Good save.

I bought some workout clothes & a sports bra instead of lunch. Tad more expensive than sushi but far better. ;)

Well done on resisting and maybe need to have a word with your friend that sneaking food into your bag makes them an saboteur to your weightless efforts, my husband can be the same and I just need to tell him straight otherwise ill never get to goal :) and stay away from the scales :) x

I've got ketostix and when I tested this morning was I ketostis and only day 3 so very pleased. Also tried beanies coffee (I hate coffee) but with a sweetener in was soooo nice, think I have a new addiction. Oooops

Yay! :D I'm not a fan of coffee unless it's iced but might put some into a chocolate shake and make a mocha type thing to mix things up a bit :)

The beanies coffee is flavoured so doesn't even really taste of coffee. Ill be stocking up on afew more flavours :) how has your day been? I've been really good so far, only end of day 3 but feeling really positive and determined x

Mine's been okay thanks! Just a bit tired but if I'm sleeping then I have less time to think about eating! :p

Can't wait to see what we lose on first weigh in :)

Nothing really to report today.

My tummy feels very, very empty but I'm not terribly hungry or anything.

I am finding it soooooo hard not to jump on the scales every day! Aaaah! :nono:

Feeling good today! I overslept though (good thing I work from home... ;)) & I'm feeling productive. Got SO much work done, it's crazy.

Still fighting with myself to stay off the scales though. Hurry up, Monday!

Okay, not so good anymore. I can't stop thinking about eating real food. Chicken wings & burgers specifically.

Sigh. I keep thinking to myself "Well I can eat them & then just get right back on the diet tomorrow!" but that's ridiculous. Compromising with myself & giving in to food is how I've gained all of this weight in the first place.

Maybe I will have an extra pack today. Stop it, brain! :( :( :(

These thoughts will creep up on you constantly and the hardest part of the battle is being able to sit back and say no, believe me I've been there too many times. It's like having a little devil sitting on your shoulder. Make this time the time you beat it, you will feel so proud of yourself :) and the food just isn't worth it, it's gone in seconds and the guilt after stays with you for hours or even days x stay strong

Back