xsarahloux refeed menu - HELP ME PLEASE!!

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
Hi guys,

i'm a big fan of planning ahead, so even tho i'm not refeeding until 4th Dec, i've written a 2 week menu and want your feedback please!!

as by then hopefully i'll have lost 9 stone, i was talking to the pharmacist and they suggested maybe i do day 1 twice, day 2 twice etc rather than doing 1, 2 ,3, 4-14 if you know what i mean. i think irish mum did the same thing?

i am aware there isnt much fruit or snacks on this menu - i just havent quite worked out what to do about them! this is really long so good luck! and thanks in advance!!

Day 1 (Friday 4th December)
Breakfast – Chocolate Shake
Lunch – Chocolate Shake
Dinner – 4-6oz chicken breast, oven baked with lemon & black pepper. Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, celery, cherry tomato)

Day 2 (Saturday 5th December)
Lunch – Chocolate Shake
Dinner – 4-6oz chicken breast, oven baked with lemon & black pepper. 2 tablespoons broccoli & green beans

Day 3 (Sunday 6th December)
Lunch – tin of tuna in brine, (drained!) Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomatoes) Drizzle balsamic vinegar
Dinner – 4-6oz chicken breast, oven baked with mixed herbs, Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, bean sprouts) Balsamic vinegar.

Day 4 (Monday 7th December)
Lunch – 4-6oz chicken breast, oven baked with lemon & black pepper. Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, celery, cherry tomato)
Dinner – 4-6oz cod fillet. 2 tablespoons broccoli & cabbage

Day 5 (Tuesday 8th December)
Lunch – tin of tuna in brine, Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomatoes) Drizzle balsamic vinegar
Dinner – 4oz chicken breast, oven baked with basil, spinach (blanched), broccoli & 6-8oz jacket potato

Day 6 (Wednesday 9th December)
Lunch – 4-6oz chicken breast, oven baked with lemon & black pepper. Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, celery, cherry tomato)
Dinner – Prawns, in LF From Frais with paprika, 6-8oz Jacket potato, Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion) Drizzle balsamic

Day 7 (Thursday 10th December)
Lunch – Chicken Salad sandwich, on wholemeal roll, satsuma
Dinner – Salmon fillet, poached with lemon & dill, broccoli and carrots – apple if necessary

Day 8 (Friday 11th December)
Lunch – Prawn & LF From Frais & Salad in a wholemeal pitta, satsuma
Dinner – Chicken breast dry fried with spices, peppers, onions and passata with max 4ozs pasta

Day 9 (Saturday 12th December)
Lunch – Prawn salad, squeeze of lemon and black pepper, WW yoghurt
Dinner – Spaghetti bolognaise (turkey mince, passata, celery, onions, peppers, tomato puree, oregano)

Day 10 (Sunday 13th December)
Lunch – Jacket potato, chicken dry fried in spices, LF from frais, Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion)
Dinner – Poached trout with lemon & dill, carrots and cabbage, 6 new potatoes. Satsuma (maybe x2)

Day 11 (Monday 14th December)
Lunch – 4oz brown rice, cold, mixed with tuna, peppers, peas, sweetcorn, cucumber & onion
Dinner – Sweet potato (cooked like a jacket potato), baked chicken breast & salad.

Day 12 (Tuesday 15th December)
Lunch – Wholemeal roll with slices ham, cucumber & lettuce
Dinner – Homemade chicken curry with brown rice

Day 13 (Wednesday 16th December)
Lunch - tin of tuna in brine, Salad (Lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomatoes) Drizzle balsamic vinegar, jacket potato
Dinner – vegetable omelette with 2 eggs, peppers, mushrooms, onions, fruit

Day 14 (Thursday 17th December)
Lunch – Ham salad wholemeal bagel, french mustard, fruit
Dinner – Chilli con carne, with turkey mince, brown rice, LF From Frais (find chilli too spicy sometimes!)

SL your menus look great - nothing i wouldnt change, think you've got it down to a t! Only thing is your omlette - when making it make sure you dont add any extra oils to the pan etc just have a good non stick pan! :giggle: :D Are you excited/nervous? xxx

ah that's a relief that you think it's ok!! yeah i was thinking of dry frying the peppers etc first to get some moisture in the pan, it is non stick but something always does doesnt it!!

i'm both excited and nervous. i'm determined to lose the rest of my weight "the conventional" way but it's scary. i think my body needs a rest so for all the right reasons that i'm doing it, i'm nervous! but i am excited because i feel different. i feel like i dont want any rubbish food, and i dont feel like i'm looking forward to those meals, it's just good nutritious fuel, whereas pre lipotrim i lived to eat rather than eating to live you know?!

oh what a rollercoaster! xxx

Know exactly what you mean! :D x

Menu looks good and well balanced

Best of luck

Your menu looks brilliant hun! I have 3 months menu done so you can never be too prepared. haha ok maybe you can! You are an inspiration losing so much weight im sure the rest will come off in no time. Good luck with your weigh in this week and keep us posted on your progress. xxxxx

ah thanks guys! ok so do we think i need to put more fruit in when i'm actuallu refeeding, or just play it by ear, obviously not exceeding the 3 portions?

i have a question about nuts. i'm thinking about unsalted cashews/peanuts and walnuts/hazlenuts in stirfry type things. not on refeed, but afterwards. i know nuts re high in fats, but i know them to be the good fats (you know the kind that make your nails strong and hair shiney) rather than the evil ones.

anyone any thoughts on them?

Only have the fruit if you feel you need it chick - dont let it become a habit that youll pick on fruit.

Nuts - i looked at getting some the other day but i just cant justify the amount of calories in them! I looked at freaked out!! Although a small amount in a stir fry i cant see doing any harm as like you say, they contain good stuff :)

Ive actually bought nuts for maintainance already it really depends which ones you chose and being restrictive to how much you have they are great to have with fruit as you shud always have protein with high fruit snacks so you stay fuller for longer i plan on only having 10g of nuts so only a tiny amount. If you eat the 500g bag there is a million cals but tiny amounts is fine. Maintainance is about balance dats wat i keep telling myself. Im goin really slow with fruit on refeed as im a fruit nut no joke highly maniac about fruit. It cant hurt to go slowly as you are still getting your 5 a day from all the veg in the refeed program.

Sarah, well done on getting so far on LT. 9 st will be a phenomenal achievement. Just want to wish you luck in advance for dec 4th.

Back