xSoon To Be Slim Sherriex Some Self-Belief PLEASE?!

Well done on getting through your day 1 Sherrie x

Day 2 - Im sat here, shake in hand, feeling extremely hungry! But I will not spoil it. Had a day out today with my daughter. Popped to see my Mum, Brother and gorgeous nephew, only took 1 bar and 1 shake with me, ate the bar at my mums for brunch. Then went to see my friend and before I knew it it was tea time and I still hadn't had my first shake, so I'm having it now.

Felt fine all day until I came home and prepared my daughters favourite meal of beans on toast lol it was so inviting! I usually don't even eat beans but tonight I sooo could have! Oh well, I will succeed! Hope everybody else had a good day x x x

Welcome Sherrie! We've started around the same time and our stats are similar (although I'm quite a bit older!!! and you're a whole 2 inches taller than me :sigh:) Best of luck! Let's both hope for a good first week's loss :)

Oooh how exciting :) Do you have a diary? I'd love to see how you get on! So your on day 4 now? how have you found it so far? x

Sherrie, it's great to see that you have started your own diary thread; I really feel that my ramblings help me to keep on track. I too am an ex CD having lost 5 stones on it. I went on to become a counsellor for CD and did it for 5 years and kept my weight pretty much in check for that time. However when we moved to France I had to give it upand my head entered into permanent holiday and french eating mode for over a year and I regained all the weight. I have to admit to prefering the Exante products, they are definately nicer than CD ones and the cost is brilliant, so I am definately an Exante convert. if there is anyway I can be of help and support to you then please do shout up as I know that PCOS sufferers can have slower losses, but don't lose heart. The weight will come off if you stick to this 100%. Good luck girl x

Sherrie, it's great to see that you have started your own diary thread; I really feel that my ramblings help me to keep on track. I too am an ex CD having lost 5 stones on it. I went on to become a counsellor for CD and did it for 5 years and kept my weight pretty much in check for that time. However when we moved to France I had to give it upand my head entered into permanent holiday and french eating mode for over a year and I regained all the weight. I have to admit to prefering the Exante products, they are definately nicer than CD ones and the cost is brilliant, so I am definately an Exante convert. if there is anyway I can be of help and support to you then please do shout up as I know that PCOS sufferers can have slower losses, but don't lose heart. The weight will come off if you stick to this 100%. Good luck girl x

Thankyou for that FF, I will definitely bare that in mind :) I did love the chocolate shakes on CD but I've heard most soups are nicer on Exante although I'm yet to try any. As soon as I order some I will be making some of those crisps that you love to make. They sound awesome! Thankyou for taking to read through my diary, I do love to ramble also! Lol x

I should change my profile slightly in that today is my 2nd full day. I've tried on and off since the 18th October but never managed to get past day one until yesterday when I was given lots of encouragement on minimins. I haven't started a diary. I'll give it a thought.

It can be difficult but I just keep asking myself, what would I want more, to be slim or to have a chinese? Once Im slim I can have a chinese here and there if I want to, so its not as if Im never going to have treats again. Just keep asking yourself why you want to do it, and try and picture yourself at your goal weight, it will get you through the day.

I recommend starting a diary, that way if you have any problems or questions you have somewhere you can get them off your chest and people will answer!

Best of luck with your journey x x x

My hands are particularly cold tonight :( x

I think I will need to invest in some new house gloves!!!

I've been a little naughty today as its day 4, kind of the half way point, and weighed myself, but I'm so glad I did! 8lbs lost in 4 days!!! :D I'm wondering if I will lose anymore or if it will slow down a little bit towards end of the week but even so I would be extremely chuffed with that as my first weeks loss! Im not 13st 13½lbs so into a new stone bracket also :D x x x

I think I will need to invest in some new house gloves!!!

I've been a little naughty today as its day 4, kind of the half way point, and weighed myself, but I'm so glad I did! 8lbs lost in 4 days!!! :D I'm wondering if I will lose anymore or if it will slow down a little bit towards end of the week but even so I would be extremely chuffed with that as my first weeks loss! Im not 13st 13½lbs so into a new stone bracket also :D x x x

I'm an obssessive weigher Sherrie and hop in the scales at LEAST once a day. There's no point in anyone telling me not to because it's like brushing my teeth - I HAVE to do it! :scale:

Great news on the fantastic loss so far AND dropping into the bracket below - what a boost!! You're doing SO well - keep it up :) xx

I'm an obssessive weigher Sherrie and hop in the scales at LEAST once a day. There's no point in anyone telling me not to because it's like brushing my teeth - I HAVE to do it! :scale:

Great news on the fantastic loss so far AND dropping into the bracket below - what a boost!! You're doing SO well - keep it up :) xx

Thankyou :) It really has given me a huge surge of self confidence too, I CAN and WILL do this!

I had my will power tested to the max last night also, my daughters Dad and I had to take my her to the out of hours doctors as she has been unwell, luckily all was fine and as she was such a good girl for the doctor we said we would treat her to a Mcdonalds for tea. But first I asked if daughters Dad would mind taking me to Asda to get a few bits (we are not together but thankfully still really good friends, our daughter doesn't know this, we try to keep it as normal as possible for her, she's 2 on thursday) and as we were walking round, he picked up a tin of tomato soup and a big crusty roll for his tea. I couldn't believe how much that appealed to me, normally I would have chosen something else over that for tea but all I could think of was the roll covered in butter dipping in the soup, mouth watering and belly rumbling like mad we finished up in Asda and went through the drive through for my daughter and wow the smell of Mcdonalds, and Im not a huge fast food fan either! We got back to mine, daughters Dad had his tom soup with buttery crusty roll and daughter had her Mcdonalds and I sat there with a shake and water lol go meee! I was really chuffed with achieving that, especially just walking round Asda and not picking up snacks and unnecessary items that would just end up on my hips!

That was an amazing bit of willpower Sherrie and must just confirm to you just how determined you are to succeed.
I must admit I've been thinking a lot about food too - and even dreaming about it. I dreamed about being on holiday last night but the thing that stands out the most is the baguette and butter that was also in the dream lol

It's just our minds kicking back because 'shock horror' we're not indulging in our biggest weaknesses for a while. Food is a huge part of our culture (it's not just us) ... it's EVERYWHERE so it's only natural we'll be thinking about it.

Well done again x

well done you..... its hard somedays this diet one day i couldnt care for what other people are eating another the most simple of dishes look and smell amazing i also have dreamt of food i just keep telling myself i will have those things again just not so much of it and the size 12 jeans that i have not got into for over a year in my wardrobe are shouting at me look away look away just say no lol....... keep up the good work another week will be done before we know it :) xx

That was an amazing bit of willpower Sherrie and must just confirm to you just how determined you are to succeed.
I must admit I've been thinking a lot about food too - and even dreaming about it. I dreamed about being on holiday last night but the thing that stands out the most is the baguette and butter that was also in the dream lol

It's just our minds kicking back because 'shock horror' we're not indulging in our biggest weaknesses for a while. Food is a huge part of our culture (it's not just us) ... it's EVERYWHERE so it's only natural we'll be thinking about it.

Well done again x

Thankyou, I was really proud of myself :)

Lol food always stands out for me, I've not dreamt about food yet lol but I'm sure I will!!! And your so right, it is everywhere. I truly believe for me food is like a drug and is for so many people yet its shoved in our faces everywhere we go, I definitely think its got to be just as tough for us to give up what we are literally addicted to as it is for someone to give up drugs/alcohol. You cant smell drugs or alcohol walking down the local town, and there isn't hundreds of adverts on the tv about them either, ok there are some about alcohol but not half as many as food advertisements! x

well done you..... its hard somedays this diet one day i couldnt care for what other people are eating another the most simple of dishes look and smell amazing i also have dreamt of food i just keep telling myself i will have those things again just not so much of it and the size 12 jeans that i have not got into for over a year in my wardrobe are shouting at me look away look away just say no lol....... keep up the good work another week will be done before we know it :) xx

Thats definitely the right mind frame to have! Put in front of me a huge plate of chinese or a pair of size 12 jeans, I would definitely pick the jeans and thats got to be what it comes down to at the end of the day! I was thinking the other day how much more I would prefer to buy myself a lush size 12 top/jeans each week rather then my weekly takeaway. I have hardly any clothes that fit me right now and I refuse to buy them in a size 14 as I want to lose weight so I have to do something about it! x

hey sherrie just had a read through your diary and you are doing brilliantly...its really hard but seeing such a massive change week to week is what spurs us on...i keep telling myself that this is not forever and soon i will be able to eat healthy and fresh food. i have my wedding dress to fit into for january so biiiiig motivation lol

hey sherrie just had a read through your diary and you are doing brilliantly...its really hard but seeing such a massive change week to week is what spurs us on...i keep telling myself that this is not forever and soon i will be able to eat healthy and fresh food. i have my wedding dress to fit into for january so biiiiig motivation lol

Wow what an incentive! Thankyou for taking the time to read it all, the support on here really does help me to stay focused! Do you have a diary? I'd like to see how you do and (which Im sure yo will) get into your dress!!! x

Back