xSoon To Be Slim Sherriex Some Self-Belief PLEASE?!

Weighed myself again this morning and it was the same result as yesterday which Im extremely pleased with as it doesn't mean it was fluke lol! Still 8lbs off by day 5 :D

I've felt really good so far today, not feeling very hungry and I've only just had a bar, still got 2 shakes to go so I think I will be fine. Having my hair done also so it will be a 'non-food' treat for me, I am taking a leaf out of FrenchFancys book as she has mentioned how she now likes to reward herself in other ways rather then food and it makes so much sense, so FF if your reading this, thankyou for giving me that idea :)

Going for tea tonight at my daughters Granddads house but I will power through it with my shake haha x

I weighed myelf as well Sherrie (what are we like??) and like you, stayed the same @ 8lb lost. Naughty really but no sense in pretending I don't do it - I'm an obsessive weigher ... always have been.

I've always rewarded myself with non food treats as well - new undies in a smaller size is a good one or some make-up ... maybe a new lipstick or nail varnish you've had your eye on for a while. Or a book - or new CD .... anything that makes you feel good but that isn't edible.
I've always regarded food as a reward (who hasn't?) it's part of our culture. Who hasn't heard an exasperated mum say "Be a good girl/boy and I'll get you some sweeties" ?

Food is nice - there's no getting away from it. But where I've gone wrong is by linking it with every emotion and event. 'Naughty' goodies have gone from being a treat to 'the norm'. I'm sure standing outside the box and examining all this will help me get things into perspective and alter my ways when I return to healthy eating (with the odd treat here and there :D)

yeah got a diary here its lauras diary :)

I weighed myelf as well Sherrie (what are we like??) and like you, stayed the same @ 8lb lost. Naughty really but no sense in pretending I don't do it - I'm an obsessive weigher ... always have been.

I've always rewarded myself with non food treats as well - new undies in a smaller size is a good one or some make-up ... maybe a new lipstick or nail varnish you've had your eye on for a while. Or a book - or new CD .... anything that makes you feel good but that isn't edible.
I've always regarded food as a reward (who hasn't?) it's part of our culture. Who hasn't heard an exasperated mum say "Be a good girl/boy and I'll get you some sweeties" ?

Food is nice - there's no getting away from it. But where I've gone wrong is by linking it with every emotion and event. 'Naughty' goodies have gone from being a treat to 'the norm'. I'm sure standing outside the box and examining all this will help me get things into perspective and alter my ways when I return to healthy eating (with the odd treat here and there :D)

Its exactly the same for me RD, every single emotion is then rewarded, treated or celebrated with food. Im loving the idea of treating myself by buying myself something new or doing something for myself as being a mum (and Im sure this is the case with majority of mums) but I never make the effort for myself but its not even as though I cant, I would alway rather go to the bakery for lunch as a treat or out for dinner or a takeaway. But now Im wanting to put the money aside that I shall now be saving a little bit of, towards a new pair of jeans in a smaller size or as you said, make-up or nail varnish.

I'd also like to put the money aside to take my daughter out places more, as there is nothing better then seeing a smile on her little face, how can food be more rewarding then that? Its crazy thinking back to how much more I could have done at the weekends with her if we hadn't gone out for dinner and had a takeaway that week! BAD MUM AWARD! But things are going to change and she is the sole reason I'm doing this!!! x x x

Hiya, i just caught up on your diary, well done so far! I'm also a sufferer of PCOS and had pretty much given up trying to conceive when i went on Cambridge nearly 4 years ago, within a couple of weeks after 18 months i fell pregnant! Now i've got two boys, and had 5 stone extra weight to prove it! Really loving Exante not just for the results but also for proving to me there are other ways to treat yourself in life than food, just like you're discovering. I also took a leaf out of FF's book and treated myself to a face mask last night, very simple but something i wouldn't have bothered doing before, i'd be too busy snacking in front of the telly. I slept really well afterwards, was very relaxing, and my skin looks much better today. Treats are definitely the way forward! xx

Hiya, i just caught up on your diary, well done so far! I'm also a sufferer of PCOS and had pretty much given up trying to conceive when i went on Cambridge nearly 4 years ago, within a couple of weeks after 18 months i fell pregnant! Now i've got two boys, and had 5 stone extra weight to prove it! Really loving Exante not just for the results but also for proving to me there are other ways to treat yourself in life than food, just like you're discovering. I also took a leaf out of FF's book and treated myself to a face mask last night, very simple but something i wouldn't have bothered doing before, i'd be too busy snacking in front of the telly. I slept really well afterwards, was very relaxing, and my skin looks much better today. Treats are definitely the way forward! xx

Hi Steph, thankyou for having a read of my diary :)

PCOS is such a ***** isn't it?! I thought my life was pretty much over when I found out I had it, but Im so glad my doctor recommended CD to me otherwise I cant imagine what my life would be like now! Im so happy for you being blessed with 2 little boys :)

Exante is definitely worth sticking with, I've enjoyed doing it. I feel healthier already and cant believe after 6 days I have a 8½lbs loss (another half a pound off today!)

Good luck for the rest of your journey x x x

I've got the bug for weighing myself every morning now! Another half a pound off as of this mornings weigh in, 8½lbs off by day 6 :D

I did lose 14lbs in my first week of CD but I wasn't dieting before I started, whereas I was doing SW just before I started Exante so I suppose my body had already gotten used to some kind of healthy eating. Im really looking forward to my first official weigh in which is Thursday morning, my daughters 2nd birthday!!! Agggh caaaake! Lol x

I am sure that thursday morning will have you delighted, what with your daughters birthday and a very good weight loss; good luck x

Thankyou FF :) x

Hey Sherrie
You are doing so great just wanted to pop in and say hi and good luck :)
I also have the dreaded PCOS too :S and I'm only 5'2.5" which really doesn't help either lol (every 1/2 inch counts at this height) ;)

hi well done on the weight loss so far your first weigh in will be great by the looks of things i lost 9lbs the first week of doing cd then 7lbs the first week of doing exante but i was 2 stone lighter when starting exante so that could be why i was still chuffed took me 4 weeks to lose that on any other diet and here i am nearly at the end of week 3 10lbs lighter wi on friday for me to see how much i have lost this week ........ dont worry about the cake thing on your daughters birthday you will either have a piece or not one bit wont hurt its how you feel on the night i had the same thing on my first week with my youngest birthday she ate my piece for me lol xxx

Hey Sherrie
You are doing so great just wanted to pop in and say hi and good luck :)
I also have the dreaded PCOS too :S and I'm only 5'2.5" which really doesn't help either lol (every 1/2 inch counts at this height) ;)

Thankyou :) Lol! Bless you, most of the women in my family are short too and I'm tallest even though I'm only 5'4! And god damn PCOS! It will not control us! x

hi well done on the weight loss so far your first weigh in will be great by the looks of things i lost 9lbs the first week of doing cd then 7lbs the first week of doing exante but i was 2 stone lighter when starting exante so that could be why i was still chuffed took me 4 weeks to lose that on any other diet and here i am nearly at the end of week 3 10lbs lighter wi on friday for me to see how much i have lost this week ........ dont worry about the cake thing on your daughters birthday you will either have a piece or not one bit wont hurt its how you feel on the night i had the same thing on my first week with my youngest birthday she ate my piece for me lol xxx

Exactly it took me 3 weeks to lose 7lbs on SW and I done that within 4 days on Exante, fair enough its a much more stricter diet and yo do sacrifice eating all together to get those results but its sooo worth it!

Im going to tell myself that one piece will hurt otherwise I wont stop!!! Lol! I have zero will power and I cant believe I'v lasted this long with having to look after a toddler all day long, I'm one of these that would rather have none then any at all coz I cant just stop at a small bit! I will get my daughter to have my bit for me too! Lol x x x

Had a tiny flicker of weakness today, I was in the car outside the shops where my fave chinese is and I saw a woman come out with a big bag of food and just couldn't help but stare at her, I was feeling really sorry for myself and very jealous of her lol but I just keep telling myself that I will be able to have that again one day when I am a lot slimmer and don't have to worry as much about feeling guilty afterwards!

Why am I such a sucker for chinese food? That is my biggest downfall by far! x

Last edited:
xSherrie.Chointellex said:
Had a tiny flicker of weakness today, I was in the car outside the shops where my fave chinese is and I saw a woman come out with a big bag of food and just couldn't help but stare at her, I was feeling really sorry for myself and very jealous of her lol but I just keep telling myself that I will be able to have that again one day when I am a lot slimmer and don't have to worry as much about feeling guilty afterwards!

Why am I such a sucker for chinese food? That is my biggest downfall by far! x

Mmmm me too Chinese and vino yummy
Well done on being good :)

my biggest weakness is pizza :-(

notice how we all love the same stuff lol theres a reason we all on exante...pizza and the like...we need to retrain our tastebuds to like fresh veg and healthy stuff and smaller portions!!

notice how we all love the same stuff lol theres a reason we all on exante...pizza and the like...we need to retrain our tastebuds to like fresh veg and healthy stuff and smaller portions!!

I don't think that would be too hard for me as ironically I love fruit and veg, I just love too much fatty food as well!!! x

Another half a pound off today :D Total of 9lbs so far! Official weigh in tomorrow morning and already I'm extremely chuffed!

Weather is awful today, my daughter and I both have our slippers and dressing gowns on as well as the heating too. These sort of days would usually have me snacking on comfort foods as its so dull and dreary outside, but I feel very optimistic and don't think its going to bother me today, I'm on such a high from my loss so far! Good luck to you all x x x

Dreary days just make me want to eat too! They also make me really sleepy... ahh to be in bed with a bar of chocolate right now lol!!

Back