xSoon To Be Slim Sherriex Some Self-Belief PLEASE?!

Aww glad she settled well for you - i know what you mean about jinxing things - my mum always asks how the boys are sleeping, which i hate because the second she asks and i say they are sleeping well, it all goes to sh*t!!

Well done you for resisting all that lovely food... it's funny what we take for granted isn't it?! When you're not eating it you realise how lovely it is, how much we ate of it, and how calorific it all is!!

A HUGE well done to you for being so bloody strong Sherrie!! It's amazing just how strong we can be when we really put our minds to it.
It's funny how thin people think those with a weight problem have no self control when, in fact, we can show self control beyond belief. I'd happily lay down a bet that not many thinnies would be able to do what you did last night and sit there with a milk-shake whilst everyone tucked into a hearty meal. You're amazing! :)

Aww glad she settled well for you - i know what you mean about jinxing things - my mum always asks how the boys are sleeping, which i hate because the second she asks and i say they are sleeping well, it all goes to sh*t!!

Well done you for resisting all that lovely food... it's funny what we take for granted isn't it?! When you're not eating it you realise how lovely it is, how much we ate of it, and how calorific it all is!!

Its always the way when it comes to the kids isn't it lol.

I'm really shocked as thats what I would of normally considered a bog standard dinner, nothing special, when actually it was good home cooked food, but I would have chosen a takeaway over it anyday, madnesssss x

awww i remember the dummy dramas oh so well, its like anything when the kids are little comes and goes real quick at the time you think this is never going to happen then you forget how quickly it did happen when you get past that stage, like potty training.... only one of my four never had a dummy so i went through it with 3 of them seems so long ago now................ i agree with you about the simple home cooked dishes seeming so good but im still craving the takeaway lol....... stay strong your doing so well xx

awww i remember the dummy dramas oh so well, its like anything when the kids are little comes and goes real quick at the time you think this is never going to happen then you forget how quickly it did happen when you get past that stage, like potty training.... only one of my four never had a dummy so i went through it with 3 of them seems so long ago now................ i agree with you about the simple home cooked dishes seeming so good but im still craving the takeaway lol....... stay strong your doing so well xx

She hasn't had her dummy since yesterday morning and although she has been a little naughty bum today (I think she's pissed off with me haha!) she hasn't been too bad when being told that she cant have her dummy. I went out today and let her chose a present for being such a big girl and she chose a musical Peppa Pig book and Peppa Pig poster bless her.

I am generally just missing food Em, been quite tough for me these last few days x

Sooo, I have come up with a solution to help me get through this diet. It may not be the 'best' solution out there, but I think it is going to help me as I have been finding this diet a bit of struggle on a daily basis.

I originally decided that once every 4 weeks I will have a 'meal off' as my first meal of my AAMW. BUT. These last few days I have really struggled mentally with this diet, I've not necessarily felt hungry, only now and again, but I have really found it tough and emotionally draining. I'm confronted by food at least 3 times a day as I have a 2 year old daughter, as well as snacks in between for her, and it's not that I feel I cant resist picking at her food because I can, but I really just feel like I need to eat. So I've now decided that maybe once every 2 weeks, on the evening of WI (Thursday) I am going to have a 'meal off' of whatever I want. I've come to this decision because I looked back at what I used to eat week by week with SW. Every single WI evening (Thursday also) I would have a takeaway or homecooked meal that was naughty as that was my meal off. Guarenteed through the weekend I would also have bits and bobs here and there that I didn't count into my sins, also along side this I was still eating SW food, I never went hungry and I still lost each week, granted it was only 1/2lbs hence why I started Exante but it was still a loss. So on that theory, I have decided to have just one 'meal off' once every 2 weeks and be TS 100% the rest of the time, just so I have something to look forward to and get me through my journey. I know I will be knocking myself out of ketosis whenever I do this and my loss that week may not be fantastic but I think I am prepared for that to happen in order to keep me going, I don't want to end up giving up all together. Im not going to go mad, just have a little bit of what I want. Then when it comes to AAMW I will stick to the rules of what I can and cant have when doing so, I have done a VLCD before so I know what I'm doing and how it all works but my circumstance and life style is completely different therefore the need to tweak the diet to suit me.

Any advice would be much appreciated but Im sure Im not the only one who has done this or something similar x

Purely my own opinion and others may disagree with me BUT ... although I can understand why you're planning to do this, are you aware you'll be back to doing multiple 'day ones'? In fact, every two weeks because when you have that meal, you'll probably tip out of ketosis and have to get back in the next day which will involve physical hunger - that coupled with the emotional hunger may well be your undoing.

It probably wouldn't take you days like the first time around but you'd still need to deplete the glycogen and depending on what the meal consisted of, it could take a day or so.

Have you considered moving to one of the other plans? Like having a small, low carb meal every day instead of a blow out once a fortnight?

I just think the message you'll be giving yourself won't help you mentally ... "I've been good for 2 weeks therefore I'm rewarding myself with food" after which comes the 'punishment' phase again for another 2 weeks.

Just my tuppenceworth - you may find it works perfectly for you. I know it would throw me off track completely but everyone is different.
You can count on my support whatever you do though :)

Yeah I can see exactly where your coming from RD and it probably isn't the best solution but I think it might work for me, I am going to give it go and see how I feel after. I may just go onto WS afterwards depending on how I feel and compare my losses with SW, another big factor for me is suffering with PCOS, my losses aren't always going to be as good as someone who doesn't have it, therefore if I switched to WS and my losses were similar to those of SW then I may as well just go back to SW as Im constantly eating food then too so there would be no point in depriving myself.

Its all a learning curve for me, I didn't realise it would be quite this hard this time round as I didn't really consider the change in my lifestyle since my previous VLCD.

I may find that this coping strategy may not work for me at all and there I may just push through it as hard as it may be until I am near my goal, because I will not give up. I cant let myself down again.

We will see how it goes and thankyou for your support RD :) x

We all need to find our own individual path - one that suits us, our characters and our lifestyles. I do understand how frustrating it is not to lose as much as other people doing the same diet because of your PCOS ... I have metabolic syndrome so it's much the same for me. I find it excruciatingly difficult to lose ANY weight on a 'normal' diet. In fact, I have to be in constant diet mode just to maintain. That's one of the reasons a VLCD (difficult though it is) keeps me motivated as it's one of the few methods that lets me see real results on the scales.

I hope your new regime works for you - I'm behind you all the way with whatever you decide x

Thankyou RD, Im starting tonight as I have been so down and emotional today. It is leaving me feeling physically drained, the diet + running around after a 2 year old from 6am onwards! I'm managing the diet itself, just not the way its leaving me feeling.

Also, I know its a side affect as I read up on those before purchasing the bumper pack, but my god have I lost some hair, I have thin patches either side of my fringe, just up from my temple, same place I lost my hair after having my daughter. My hair was coming out in my hands whilst in the tub last night!

Again thankyou for the support, I will not give up, just help myself get through it x

So as I said earlier, tonight will be the night I am having my 'meal off' I sooo need it, these past few days have been so tough and I'm surprised I managed to stay on the wagon this long.

So with deciding this, I weighed myself ealier as my official weigh in, rather then tomorrow morning, I'd already had some water and a bar and it was at a different time to usual but the scales said I've lost 3½lbs this week. A good loss for me, as I knew it would be a much smaller number then the 10lbs I lost last week!

Looking forward to enjoying tonight and then hopefully being refreshed and ready for maybe the beginning of a WS journey tomorrow x

A great loss and, of course, less than last week because you're not losing glycogen now but depleting fat stores.
That's practically a stone in 2 weeks! WTG Sherrie!

What are you having for your planned meal? If you avoid starchy carbs then you won't struggle as much when back on TS tomorrow.

Good luck - and well done again x

Thankyou :D

Im going for a chinese to cheer myself up haha. I really have been low. I kind of ignored it for a few days, but I noticed myself getting less patient and irritable with my little girl and that was the final straw for me, I knew something wasn't quite right. She brightens up my everyday, Im quite a laid back person so for me to get annoyed at little things is just so not like me. I need to make changes if this is how I'm getting. Im looking forward to trying out WS as of tomorrow and see how I get on with that :) x

Probably best to try a different plan, like WS, if TS is making you miserable. You don't have a huge amount to lose so maybe the scenic route is the best way for you. Good luck x

I have to agree with rd. I've tried vlcd and had meals off, that turned into days off, then weekends off. I think it takes more willpower to keep doing day 1, than just staying on the diet however difficult. But good luck whatever you choose honey x

Thanks for the advice everyone, definitely doing WS as of tomorrow, I think thats best. Hopefully tonight will be just a one off and I can enjoy lovely healthy meals which will refrain me from falling off the wagon again :) x

xSherrie.Chointellex said:
Thankyou RD, Im starting tonight as I have been so down and emotional today. It is leaving me feeling physically drained, the diet + running around after a 2 year old from 6am onwards! I'm managing the diet itself, just not the way its leaving me feeling.

Also, I know its a side affect as I read up on those before purchasing the bumper pack, but my god have I lost some hair, I have thin patches either side of my fringe, just up from my temple, same place I lost my hair after having my daughter. My hair was coming out in my hands whilst in the tub last night!

Again thankyou for the support, I will not give up, just help myself get through it x

My hair was falling out like mad mostly at the temples I bought biotin tablets from holland and barrat (the really strong ones) and have two a day and they def work to the point where when I forget to take them I notice it falling out again :S x

enjoy your meal and night off honey..... i did what your doing when i was on on cd after 4 weeks being completly good i had a meal every 2 weeks the same day as weigh in i still lost 3lbs a week every week i never suffered with hunger the next day and it really helped for the next 3 months till i hit my goal back then it wasnt a treat it was a night off i couldnt eat as much cause your stomach shrinks but i guess everyone is different it might not work for everyone,,,,, like you i sometimes feel its harder this time round and i keep thinking that the weight wont come off as quickly cause i have done it before and my body is not responding as it did before,,, one day at a time before you know it its a week then another we can do this whatever way we do its right for us :) xxx

Back