xSoon To Be Slim Sherriex Some Self-Belief PLEASE?!

xSherrie.Chointellex

Silver Member
Where do I start?

I'm 22 years old with a 23 month old little girl, she is the reason I'm on this journey, I'm doing it all for her.

The Cambridge Diet

In 2008 I found out that I have a severe case of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with little chance of conceiving naturally, my weight being a huge factor. My doc recommended I try The Cambridge Diet and so I went on to lose just under 4st in around 2½ months, I stopped the diet as I conceived :) Even though I was only 19, I always wanted children and I was in a long term stable relationship, and being advised by my doctor that the sooner the better, we decided to try. I managed to lose a further 7lbs due to sickness in my pregnancy and the weight pretty much stayed off throughout until around 38weeks and then it just seemed to pile on by the day! When I had my baby girl, I was 2 stone heavier but that was ok for me, I thought I was quite lucky! As she got a little older, the weight slowly kept creeping up until I had gained a further 14lbs and decided enough was enough.

Slimming World

I couldn't afford to try out The Cambridge Diet again so I joined my local Slimming World group with a friend and lost a total of 1st 8½lbs in 26 weeks, a gradual loss. My circumstances at home changed and I was diagnosed with depression and all faith in dieting went out of the window, and I began comfort eating. After 6 months I knew I had to rejoin my Slimming World group and was welcomed with open arms. I had gained 2st 8lbs and felt disgusted in myself. I was almost as big as I was in 2008 and I just couldn't believe how I had let it get this bad. I went on to lose 15½lbs in 8 weeks and was well on my way, then I had a holiday in Sep this year which meant I had to miss 2 weeks of group and I came back with a 6lb gain :( I enjoyed myself on holiday and I did have treats but I was just so disappointed with such a big gain. That weigh in was last thursday.

Exante

My Sister-In-Law has been doing Exante since July and has so far lost an amazing 3st! I decided to speak to her about the plan and find out if I thought it was suitable for me and as it is very similar to The Cambridge Diet, I feel it will be suitable and affordable so I will be starting my Exante journey either tomorrow or thursday (depending on when my pack turns up). I am so excited and have real faith in myself and hope to finally reach target. I love Slimming World and wish I could have stayed with my group as they are all great people and I enjoy my thursday evenings but I have at least 4st to lose and I feel as it is a healthy eating plan, its easier to fall off the wagon.

I cant wait to share my losses with everyone and follow other peoples journeys too. Wish me luck! I apologise about the essay lol!

Sherrie x x x

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck Sherrie!!! It'll certainly drop off if you have faith and willpower, and the support here is fantastic any day of the week, not just Thursdays :0)

I lost my first stone in a month and I have a real resistance to weight loss too, unfortunately the same doesn't apply fir weight gain lol!!!

Good luck, and you could be almost 3 stone down by Xmas!

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome and good luck Sherrie!!! It'll certainly drop off if you have faith and willpower, and the support here is fantastic any day of the week, not just Thursdays :0)

I lost my first stone in a month and I have a real resistance to weight loss too, unfortunately the same doesn't apply fir weight gain lol!!!

Good luck, and you could be almost 3 stone down by Xmas!

xxx

Thankyou so much. Oh how I would love to be almost 3st down by xmas! I have been using Minimins since I started SW in July and I absolutely love it, I created a diary then so I just knew I had to do one now to help keep me on track and boost my spirits, and your right the support is amazing no matter what day of the week lol! x x x

heya welcome to exante good luck with your journey we are all here to help you. your goal is achieveable and you sound like you have all the will power too. xx

heya welcome to exante good luck with your journey we are all here to help you. your goal is achieveable and you sound like you have all the will power too. xx

Thankyou, much appreciated. I am really prepared for this as Im so unhappy! I love food but its not worth jeopardising my happiness for! x

Oh I could have wrote this!
Im 24 now but similar story RE PCOS, having my daughter and just got bigger and bigger although I am bigger than u.

Good luck im starting today also x

hi like you i lost 4 stone on the cambridge 4 years ago but have gained back 2 so on this diet now good luck you did it before yu can do it again xxx

Oh I could have wrote this!
Im 24 now but similar story RE PCOS, having my daughter and just got bigger and bigger although I am bigger than u.

Good luck im starting today also x

Good luck to you too! I will be sure to follow you on your journey, will be interesting to see someone else also with PCOS doing the same diet as me, I've always felt slightly alone where this is concerned as my gains and losses can be so different to that of someone who doesn't have it! Hope your first day is going well :) x

hi like you i lost 4 stone on the cambridge 4 years ago but have gained back 2 so on this diet now good luck you did it before yu can do it again xxx

Thankyou, I feel quite optimistic and excited about starting, how are you getting on? Did you enjoy CD? I loved it x

yes cd was great for me i lost 4 stone in no time which im hoping to do again im going a bit smaller this time i have set my ticker for 2 stone lighter than i got last time but will see as the weight comes off to where i get to and how i look lol........ other diets only work for me if i have no more than a stone to lose so this is my reason for going back to this sort of diet its the same i think just no weekly weigh in with a counsellor which im hoping wont send me off track oh and exant is cheaper big bonus :).....

yes cd was great for me i lost 4 stone in no time which im hoping to do again im going a bit smaller this time i have set my ticker for 2 stone lighter than i got last time but will see as the weight comes off to where i get to and how i look lol........ other diets only work for me if i have no more than a stone to lose so this is my reason for going back to this sort of diet its the same i think just no weekly weigh in with a counsellor which im hoping wont send me off track oh and exant is cheaper big bonus :).....

Its the exact same reasons for me. So much cheaper and seems to work just as well and is just as recognised. I think my goal weight is the same as yours too which is 2 and a half stone lighter then what I previously got down to on CD. Im hoping I enjoy the shakes just as much as I did on CD, I used to have a mixture of all different ones but by the end of it I only ever used to order a whole batch of chocolate lol. I've been told that the Exante chocolate shakes aren't that appetising so I've ordered banana x

we can do this together then pound for pound :) ...... as for the shakes well when i first tasted the choc ones i will be honest i gagged they tasted like salty cake mix i did think i cant do this as i remember loving the choc and choc mint on the cambridge but i thought i have bought 50 i will get through them even if it ment downing them with a big glass of water to follow but nearly 2 weeks on my tastes buds must of changed or become none existant cause they seem really creamy not salty with a hint of choc just like like a mac d's choc milkshake i cant expalin it i know it sounds strange so im now wondering did i really love the shakes on the cambridge straigt away or did i grow to love them ?? hope your doing ok i know how hard the first few days are :) xxx

Yeah that would be cool, I love how much support there is here. My first day is tomorrow and Im really excited, I feel so horrible right now I don't care what it takes to get me to where I want to be.

Im hoping the banana ones are nice lol x

I tried my first choc one last night I loved it haha!! Plenty of ice and through a straw :) I think I'm used to them now cos the first time I started I hated them ALL haha!! Xx

aug 2008- 18 st 5 lb 17/10/11- 12 st 13

They must just grow on you lol. Mind you when I did CD I used to love the cappuccino when I first started it and then I started to really dislike them until I never ordered them anymore. I don't know if whilst I was doing CD they may have changed the ingredients x

Today is the day!

Im so ready for this, I cant wait to see the results. I've not yet weighed as I need to pick my scales up from the mother-in-law's but I will update you all on my first WI later x

Well according to my digital scales Im 14st 7½lbs :(

Let the weight loss journey begin!!!

Day 1 - So far so good for me. I've been thinking about food a lot but I've not been hungry, definitely more in my mind then anything else. I have a daughter who is 2 next week, I've coped quite well with preparing her meals and snacks, I almost put a quaver in my mouth until I remembered Im doing Exante lol! I've been good with my water consumption and made sure of it as this was my downfall when on CD.

I'm being positive for the days ahead and I'm going to keep busy so I don't think about food too much x

Thankyou means a lot :) x

Back