xstitchjojo's lipotrim diary

thanks ladies :)
I have now brought some dulcolax so hopefully i can keep on top of things lol
i think your right about the water Denise, on monday i didnt drink very much at all(busy day at work) and that night i was in absolute agony!!!
so now i buy a 2 ltr bottle of sparkling water a day and then at least i know if that has gone i have had enough (plus i dont count the coffee in that lol)
this week i have lost 2 more lbs

Well done! Good plan with the water..... I know it seems like an awful lot if you're not used to it. I had to be really disciplined when I started and I felt I was spending my life in the loo ;)
I aim for 3.5 litres of water a day and I find that if I keep that up I get good losses. When I relaxed my loss dropped to a couple of pounds. Ketosi is obviously a process that needs water!

Dx

I'm totally with you on the water front Denise...if I drop below 3litres then I have lower losses or stay static. Whereas if I drink more I seem to shrink more :D x x x

It is a hard habit to get into i find. I quickly forget :s

But i want to reach my 20 stone goal for crimbo, so now water is my friend lol

Do you know if we can have flavoured water? like the sparkling water you get from asda or tesco with lemon and lime flavouring?

I was going to have a month on maintenance for december, but when i think about it its only for the sake of perhaps three days (xmas eve, day and boxing day) so im not sure now. Might go and see the chemist man and get his opinion. what do others think?

Sorry Jojo, no flavoured water I'm afraid. I find I drink more water if it's slightly chilled, so I have oe of those water bottles with a freezer pack in it to keep it cool.

I heat my choc shake (and my soup) in the microwave. With a couple of sweeteners (the choc not the soup!) it makes a very comforting supper!

I have been having the 'maintain for December?' debate over the past few weeks myself. I have come to the conclusion that I'd rather stay 100% over Christmas and make sure I get to target in time for my birthday (May 2012). I'd really like to be close to target for my son's 18th in March so that I can re-feed and just have a little bit left to lose on maintenance. As you say, it's only two or three meals at the end of the day, and it will come around
again.:). I know myself, and I know that once I taste proper food again it will be very VERY hard to go back to LT100% and weight loss on maintenance will be dispiritingly slow by comparison; if I've too much left to lose, I'm afraid I'll get disheartened.

Hope this helps. It's a very personal thing. Good luck with whatever you decide

Dx

Hows things with you jojo??? x x x

well..... I am mad with myself because i had 'bowel' troubles (trying to go) and fibre clear wasnt helping so my gp said i should stick with the diet but have some fruit and veg, which i did. it didnt make much difference toilet wise and i have gained 6 lb over the past two weeks. I have slept on it since and had a strong word with myself and so i am going to go right back to basics and be a model TFR, see how THAT goes.
either way i will not give in. just a shame

well..... I am mad with myself because i had 'bowel' troubles (trying to go) and fibre clear wasnt helping so my gp said i should stick with the diet but have some fruit and veg, which i did. it didnt make much difference toilet wise and i have gained 6 lb over the past two weeks. I have slept on it since and had a strong word with myself and so i am going to go right back to basics and be a model TFR, see how THAT goes.
either way i will not give in. just a shame

Aww honey! Your GP obviously didn't understand how this diet works ! Fibre- clear didn't work for me either but I tae Movicol daily now and that has solved my problem.

Take care!

Xx

Denise140 said:
Aww honey! Your GP obviously didn't understand how this diet works ! Fibre- clear didn't work for me either but I tae Movicol daily now and that has solved my problem.

Take care!

Xx

I have movicol too Hun ... Trust me works like a charm :) hang in there hun you will be back in form in no time xxx

Where do you get movicol from and is it harsh??? As Dulcolax is horrible and very erm....quick! shall we say x x x

Hi your Gp was a bit of a wally eh lol..... He defo doesn't get this diet at all... Fruit and Veg = Carbs! No wonder you've put weight back on babes.... I have trouble in the Loo area too and was thinking of trying Movicol, as Fibre clear not brill for me! Like the other girls... or I may try it every day instead of every other see if that makes any diff.... Hope your ok and don`t worry that 6lbs will fly off in no time... :) XX

either way i will not give in.

Honey that is the best attitude to have...ok you've had a set back...which isn't actually your fault! I love that your positive about carrying on :) good luck and here if you need me x x x

Trueleame said:
Where do you get movicol from and is it harsh??? As Dulcolax is horrible and very erm....quick! shall we say x x x

You can get it from any pharmacy I think Hun you may have to ask for it though, it's really good it is only harsh if you have too many xx

My GP prescribed it for me. Because I have so many other pills and potions, I have a pre- payment certificate (a 'season ticket' as my doc calls it! ;) ) so I don't know how much it costs to buy it over the counter, but as Peachy says, your chemist will have it, or Laxido, which is apparently the same thing.

I find a sachet a day keeps things moving along nicely ;) but everyone is different I guess, you need to find your ow level.

Dx

Back