XXX-Treme Weight Loss

DQ

Queen of the Damned
On Discovery Real Time NOW - channel 250 on Sky!! :D

XX-Treme Weight Loss - Books, etc.
2006-09-21

My Big Fat Greek Diet: How a 467-Pound Physician Hit His Ideal Weight and How You Can Too
As a medical doctor who has personally struggled with his weight, Dr. Nick Yphantides can empathize with the plight of the overweight and offer a proven, medically safe plan for losing weight. In My Big Fat Greek Diet, he teaches readers the powerful 7 Pillars of Weight Loss. His program features practical how-tos anyone can apply, whether they need to lose 10 or 300 pounds. Analyzing components of a variety of well-known diets, Dr. Nick assists readers in customizing a weight-loss program that will handle their specific needs and fit their lifestyles.

Oooh did you?! Do you still have it and if so, could I be cheeky and ask to borrow it?!!! :p

It's not just him - there are four other people. One woman who did the 'Reverse Diet', then someone who cycled cross country and lost weight that way. Quite interesting! :D

It was four different Americans explaining how they lost huge amounts of weight. When I say huge amounts, the first guy lost around 270 lbs, the woman lost 170 odd, and so on.

Dr Nick (reminds me of the Simpsons :giggle: ) did it using meal replacement.

The blonde woman did the Reverse Diet - dinner in the morning, breakfast in the evening;

Second guy biked across country and lost weight whilst doing that.

Second woman took up belly dancing and changed her attitude to her body, and therefore what she ate.

Final woman took up walking, then set up walking clubs, etc.

It was really interesting - missed some of it cos DH insisted on speaking :rolleyes: but definitely enjoyed watching and would like to read that book by Dr Nick :)

I saw that earlier in the year, it was very good. I think the guy that cycled across America inspired me the most. The reverse diet sounds really faddy but the woman who does it has definitely made it a normal part of her life (several years I think). I thought Dr Nick was very down to earth and wow what an acheivement. Thought the walking lady was nice too - now helping others to acheive. Can't remember the belly dancer at all though!

Back