Xypher's Journey through the Cambridge Diet

Thank you both for the comments :D

Ill update this tonight but I am in work and for the first time since I've started this my belly is making weird stomach noises... dunno why that is I dont feel hungry but my stomach is talking to me hahaha

Day Nine- January 17th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Start Weight - 19st 5 Pounds
[Current Weight - 18st 9 Pounds]

Hello all :) Just thought I would pop on here and give another little update to my diary.

So as most of you know yesterday was my official way in... and I lost a massive 10 pounds! I was absolutly gobsmacked... so much so I asked her to weight me again because there was no way I could have lost that much in 7 days... but turns out it was correct. Now the day before my confidence was waning because I could not see any noticable changes or indications that the diet was working... but after the weigh in my confidence was boosted back up and I am still on a high

I had to go to my nans for their anniversary... the whole family was there and they had a massive roast dinner, lamb, pork, yorkshire pudding, potatoes the works..

I however had soup and water :D I was soo proud of myself I sat there with my soup and let them all have there dinner. I admit it was very difficult...but I didnt want to leave to another room and be a recluse. Thing is I need to be able to be around food and let people have their normal food and not be giving in to temptation. I might be a bit of a drill instructor on myself but I really feel like I will need to face ppl eating at some stage so might as well do it at the start, no pain no gain haha. It was hard trying to explain to my grandparents why I wasnt eating... not sure they understood.. but its not that often I go there so I just told them I was on a diet and my soup is more than enough.

Diet wise still feeling ok, no headaches.. and that nasty stomach rumbling has gone which is good. I am still going to the toilet fairly regularly but past day or two Im not peeing as much haha. But I am not worrying about that I am just going to continue with my shakes and look forward to my next weigh in on Saturday. The weekend is always the hardest least I am back in work tomorrow thank god.

I am aiming for a 4 pound loss this week. I'm realistic in the fact that I doubt ill loose another 10 pounds... and I dont want to expect high losses every week because if I dont get them it will knock my confidence. If I can lose 4 pounds then I will have hit a stone in 2 weeks which will be insane.

I hope everyone is well

Take Care

Xypher xx

I have been reading your thread and OMG i cant believe how well you have done!! I will be reading up everytime you post and see how you are getting on. I start CD on thursday and i am really excited after reading your thread :D Well done.

aww thanks :)

I thought if I do a daily diary then people will be able to see my experiences and hopefully it may help people on their journey :)

I am fully expecting bad days haha.. just not had them yet thankfully :) I owe it all to keeping a very positive frame of mind, never forgetting the reason I am doing this... and water water WATER!! =P

Good luck on starting Thursday if you need any help please PM me :)

Thank you sooo much. YOU are my inspiration, i will probs pm you thursday night and tell you how my first day went if that is ok? :D xx

I look forward to it hun :)

I suggest from Monday you start drinking more water as preparation.. if you not used to drinking it much now I suggest you start now otherwise it is going to be hard on Thursday :) Also I advise from Tue/Wed you should limit your carbs.. just try to have meals with protein in them.. if you limit your carbs beforehand its less of a shock to your system when you cut them out entirely :) It can also speed up ketosis

Take Care x

Well done on getting through a very tempting family meal Ant, the aroma and sight of that roast must have been so tough. But the important thing is that you were there. I was once told by a friend with counselling qualifications that many hosts wouldn't remember at all if you ate loads or nothing at all at a special event like a wedding or birthday party, it just matters that you shared in the celebrations.
4lb's aim is a great idea for this week, take you up to a stone, good luck x

Thanks Bling :) Ill do my update in a bit but I just hope I lose 4 pounds this week..:D

Day Ten- January 17th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]

Hello all :) Only Ant here doing his usual daily diary. I am afraid that it might be a bit short and sweet today as really.. nothing has happened haha.

Im still sticking to it 100% which I can't believe. I really have no idea how I am managing to stick through this I think if I had tried this last year I would have failed... I think my head is just in the right place now. Work was booooring :( but it keeps me busy and thats good at passing the time away :) I just went on my scales for a sneak look and they are telling me that I am now 18st 5 :O Now I am only taking this with a pinch of salt as my scales could be completely different to my CDC's however they were fairly spot on the last time so who knows :D If I am that weight that means I will have lost a stone in 10 days which I think is pretty f'ing unbelieveable :)

Still drinking my water... I feel like I'm 9/10ths water now haha. I am no longer missed fizzy drinks which is good. My friends are really supporting me through this and someone actually asked me if I was losing weight, which gave me a nice little confidence boost :)

I'm afraid there isnt much else really.. Im just about to have my last soup and litre of water then I might have an early night. Ooooh I also been having man troubles haha....I'm attracted to a guy who I work with, and I have told him this and he said he only wants to be mates and its like AHAHAHA HOW AWKWARD :( I really like him as a mate tho its hard to try and push out the physical feelings and just have feelings as a mate if you get me..

Relationships are hard aren't they hehe :(

I hope you are all doing well and still sticking to this wonderful diet :D

Take Care xxx

you are doing amazingly well, keep it up! you are a few days ahead of me so it really helps me to stay on the straight and narrow seeing how you are doing, so thanks!

Hey its no problem loulou :) If it helps then that's great :D And good luck with your jouney too ^.^

Hi Ant

Well its almost 11.30 pm, so yet another successful day on CD achieved.
Sorry to hear that its a bit awkward with guy at work. I used to fancy one of the managers - a major crush at the time, lol, it turned out he was in a long-term relationship. A few of my colleagues told him- how embarrasing! Several years have passed and we get on very well, it has never been mentioned.
Just think of all the choices we will have as the weight comes off, it will be wonderful!

Best wishes for a good dieting Tuesday x

Day Twelve- January 20th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]

Hello to all my lovely Cambridge Dieters :)

I hope you are all well. I thought I would do my usual update on here tonight. Of a Tuesday I spend the night at my mates how after work and so I don't get to update till the Wednesdays hehehe.

Ok so let's see... I'm sounding a bit like a broken record but I am still sticking to it 100% :D I have had no headaches since day 11, and no real hunger pangs now thank god. I went to my mates last night, and the usual routine is we all have a big dinner, some beer, and ***** about how much we hate work haha

But this time I sat there with my soup, and my water, and I still *****ed but at least I was not tempted into any evil junk food or alcohol :D I was really pleased with myself because I was worried that by not having 'normal' food or alcohol I would start to become socially detached from everyone.. but I managed to carry on as normal and still have a good time. The people I spend the night with know I am on the diet anyways so they were fine with me, and they were supportive in making sure I did not faulter. Sometimes I wonder why I deserve such great friends =)

I've been good and not weighed myself, going to leave that till Saturday. I know I won't have lost another 10 pounds but I am holding out for 4 pounds and that lovely stone mark :) So fingers crossed hehe. I was surrounded by such lovely food today but what I found interesting is that, now that I have been on this for nearly 2 weeks and developped such a strict routine, I am not even that bothered that I am surrounded by the food anymore. The girl who sits opposite me had curry and chips from the chippy and, tho it was hard, I was fine even with the smell :D I didnt dive across the table and lunge at her chips haha. I am not even missing fizzy drinks... I am so used to water now it doesnt even phase me. And what's more I also got told my skin was looking really nice and hydrated because of all the water.

I have been having one or two muscle aches recently... by my chest area. I know its nothing to do with my heart and that in time the aches will pass... I just do not want to think about them at the moment. I suffer from health anxiety and so I work myself up too much over the slightest aches and pains and when I work myself up I go for comfort food.... so for now I am just ignoring it and carrying on with my daily routine hehehe

I want to say good look to all the new people starting CD soon (Tasha inparticular ^.^). I think the past 12 days have been, for me, so amazing. I have had bad times and I have had to push through those bad times but I have had positive results and now, with a 100% committed attitude, I don't think there is anything stopping me yay :D

Take Care All

Xypher xxx

I was looking for you post last night lol! OMG you have done SOOOO well!!! I dunno how u managed to meet up with your friends and stick to the diet how amazing! Every Friday me and the girls (the girls on the ticker) meet up for a bottle of wine or two and a good girly giggle and gossip. I have said i wont be going friday as i will want the wine to much haha. Maybe in a few weeks when i can cope to be around wine and food (mostly wine) hehe! Aw you remembered i am starting tomorrow :D I got my food packs tonight which was exciting. I cant wait to start 2morrow yay! Hope i am as good as you on this diet xxx

Good luck for tomorrow :D You got yur packs u are all ready and raring to go...

just remember the start isn't always a walk in the park.. it will be hard first few days but if u keep drinking the water and keep busy it will be fine :) I hope you keep a diary as well it does keep you motivated

Hi Ant

Very pleased to read how well its going for you, particularly that you have been able to keep up the tradition of an evening with your friend to unwind from work, but adapted it to CD.

Will be crossing my fingers for you that you lose 4lb's - but whatever you lose will be a wonderful achievement.

Love the compliment about your skin looking good, you'd better get used to all sorts of nice remarks as you progress with CD.

I'm having a good CD day. I do enjoy your diary, don't worry, you will be forgiven for the evenings that you are having fun/ busy/ doing overtime etc and can't post. We will just want an extra exciting installment when you next post, ha ha!

All the best, keep up your superb commitment x

Back