Xypher's Journey through the Cambridge Diet

Aww thanks :D

I just got into work i was at my mate's last night so I'll do my usual update tonight when i get home :D

ooh I got up this morning. And I found a shirt that I wanted to wear at my Birthday night out but couldn't as it no where near fitted me.

2 months later and I can now wear it with ease.. doesn't even feel tight on me or anything. Plus I am in a size smaller pants...result what a nice way to start the day :D

Hi Ant

The ability to fit into previously unworn clothes (or items that got a bit of wear in the past) is one of the fabulous outcomes of this speedy weight loss programme.
It almost became impossible for me to get out the door last November (when I first hit the 3 stone loss) - I suddenly had to choose which jacket matched best with which velvet scarf, leather gloves, ankle boots etc. There would be a load of stuff across the bed and poor old me overwhelmed by decisions!
Now I plan an outfit the night before - its fun and boosts my self esteem - not complaining at all. Glad to hear that you are getting on well and discovering all the newly emerging pleasures of your on-going weight loss. Good Luck x

Day 21- January 30th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Start Weight - 19st 5 Pounds
[Current Weight - 18stone]

Hello all :) Just doing my update today... bit later than I usually do but hey ho.

So I had my weigh in today and I had lost 4 pounds. I was really chuffed at this I had set myself a target of a 4 pound loss and was proud that I managed to acheive it. They good thing I find is that as long as I stick to the diet 100% and keep up my water intake then I cannot be disappointed by whatever my loss is... as It will be my body that controls how much I lose it won't be me failing on the diet.

So I am officially out of the BMI 40 bracket yay :D I was happy about that... ok so I am still BMI 39 and like 16/17 points over my target BMI but I am at least heading in the right direction. My CDC is really pleased with my progress so that is good. I decided this week to shake things up a bit and not get the chicken and mushroom soup (I liked it don't get me wrong but I feel like I need to change my routine a bit before things get too repetative) instead I got 7 of the bars instead. I am allowed 1 bar a day and because it is a slightly higher cal content than the soup I have personally decided to up my water intake by a litre to compensate for the increase in calories. Don't think I need to but I am going to anyways hehe. I had the orange one today for my lunch...I cut it up into small pieces and munched away at it watching the Athletics on the tele... was most enjoyable.

Bit of warning tho at first when I started to chew on the bar I could feel myself thinking "hmm.. this is real solid food I MUST HAVE MORE OF THIS MORE CHEWING NOW!!" but that passed after I had some water and felt full hehe. I like the bars tho they are a nice substitute and they will work well in my routine. I have a routine for when I have my water and my packs... i do it like clockwork I am so regimented at times its silly =P

My goal this week is to get a loss of 2 pounds. If I get 2 pounds off that gets me to 1 and a half stone in a month :). Now in a perfect world I would like a 4 or 5 pound loss like week 3. However I as usual am more than happy to get any loss whatsoever. In my eyes if I am any pound lighter next week than this week then its all worth it :)

Socially I had my LGBT group again on Friday. We were painting one of the rooms so I got to do a bit of exercises painting walls for like 3 hrs haha. I even let someone take a pic of me painting.. I hate getting my pic taken but since being on the diet my confidence is slightly higher and really if people want to take a picture I just let them I don't care what I look like at the moment... cause I know it isnt the end product haha ;)

Work is stressful as ever, running around trying to do everything for everyone. But I am used to it now. It is a damn good job I can multitask otherwise I'd be doomed! I want to once again thank everyone on here for their amazing support during my journey. I am doing so well and I am still 100% committed but it helps so much knowing I can come here and vent or get a helping hand.

I hope everyone has a successful week on their CD Journey and I shall speak to you all soon.

Take Care xxxx

Hi Ant

I don't know why but I am chuckling at the thought of 3 hours of painting?! But quite rightly it is good exercise, and I imagine the purpose was to make the premises for your group more welcoming and comfortable, so it was all for a good purpose. I am so impractical and rotten at DIY - I would probably be asked to "kindly take charge of the refreshments" or pop out on a long errand to the local hardware store for supplies.
Well done again on your great loss. Your job sounds demanding so I hope you get to relax and revive yourself this weekend as tiredness can make following CD more challenging, best wishes x

Hey Ant, youre doing great, keep up the good work! I love how your always happy and so optimistic about it all, its really inspiring for others, especially anyone who is struggling. I know what you mean about feeling more confident, even after just a short time, yesterday I went to the supermarket with no make up on!

Day 28- February 6th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Current Weight - 17St 8 Pounds]

Hello all :D I hope you are well. I thought I would do my update tonight now that I have completed 4 whole weeks on the diet and plus I have stuff to talk about this week haha. I warn you this may be long :(

Ok so the start of the week went well. I'm still on the soups and the shakes etc still drinking lots of lots of water and sticking to it 100% :) The past week I was having the bars to replace one of the soups..

omg the bars are yummy!! I love them hahaha.. the peanut crunch reminds me of Peanut Brittle. They are all edible and I now have my bar when i get home from work around 5:30 and then have my last shake for 9ish so it really has been easy substituting in the bar. I enjoy the bars simply because I am chewing!! I actually am having some solids haha. Though the first day I had them... I suddenly had the urge to eat more solids...the bar didn't feel enough. But I went and had a litre of water after the bar and I got stuffed so the urge to eat passed. There must be something in them because I am a lot more um, regular these days since eating the bars haha...

Incase you may not be aware I was having a dilemma this week. A mate from work was leaving and they had this planned leavers party on Friday night. It involved a pub for a few beers and a pub dinner... followed by going down to the local gay bar/club and dancing till all hours. This was a very difficult week for me. I wanted to come off the diet... and just eat a pub lunch and have a few drinks and not be a social recluse who didn't want to go out. Because of my self-image and confidence issues I was convinced the only way I would have fun was if I was drunk I thought I only had two options.. come off the diet and go.. or just make an excuse and not turn up.

Friday after my LGBT group (which went well as usual haha.. we were painting again.. manual labour or what :p) I decided to drive home and have my soup. Then I got a text from my mate (the guy who I have a major thing for but he just wants to be mates) who said he really wanted me to come for a bit. Well that was it I got changed and I drove down to the party (so I went for all the wrong reasons but i dont care haha xx). I had my car so I knew instantly I couldn't drink and that everyone would know not to try and ask. I was the designated driver haha. I decided to push the boat out and have diet coke...I was not going to have water so Diet Coke was my sin :p

I was fine on the diet coke, did not make me feel hungry, not kick me out of ketosis etc. Everyone was glad that I came and I had a great laugh. It was me, my mate and two girls left.. they were heading down to the Gay club for a dance.. i was going to drive home. But he didnt want me to go he said I should just come out and enjoy myself. So I took his advice and I did! I drove everyone down there... and I stayed at the club, drinking coke till 2:30am and I drove the 3 of them back home.

The shocking thing was... I actually got up and danced the entire night...sober! I don't usually dance when I am sober cause I feel people will be watching me...but for watever reason I found this new found confidence within me to just get up and dance with my 3 mates and screw what anyone else was doing. I cannot believe I did this! The change in me since I have been on this diet.. not just physically but mentally.. has been astounding! I now know that I can go out and have fun without straying too far off the diet.. I can keep to my soups and shakes etc and just have some diet coke but at least I am still being sociable! I even got checked out by someone... so my mate says.. I am not convinced but still its nice compliment enough..

I am really changing... I am becoming more confident.. I can see myself losing weight, and I am starting to have some self worth. It is quite scary if I am honest, things have not gone so well in my life with regards to weight loss ever. I tried on jeans today.. they fitted..not great but cud button them up and zip them etc. These jeans were 2 sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing 3 weeks ago?!?!?! I feel like this is all a fantasy but actually it isnt. My hard work is paying off and now I am starting to see it a little.. and you know I feel like for once I might actually get what I deserve.. or rather be the man I want to be.

I also lost -6lbs this week which was a nice end to a perfect Cambridge Week 4. I have gone from 42-38 on my BMI in just 4 weeks and the future just looks so positive I cannot believe it.

I feel like one of those customer sales reps when I say this but really.. these past 4 weeks.. this diet has done more for me physically and mentally then any other diet I have tried in my life.

Long story over now.. sorry.. but it has been a week since I have posted here so I had a lot to say.

Take Care All xxx

Ant

I'm on a different (but similar) diet to you. I just love reading your diary, it's so upbeat!

I'm jealous, I'd love to get up and dance without the fuel of a few umbrella drinks, I don't even dance when tipsy as I'm soo self-conscious so woo \o/ for you!

I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and not let my diet spoil my social life - you've shown it can be done!

Maria x x

Aww thanks for the comment hun :D

To be honest I am not sure how much of a difference my little diary here makes. I enjoy writing down my experiences and to know that other people read and that some even get some inspiration is sooo amazing beyond words. I can't even believe how many people have viewed the thing haha..

I hope you stay motivated like I have... keeping positive makes dieting soo much easier even through the hard times

hiya! ive just read through your diary and am soooo impressed!!! congratulations! you sound very like me in the fact that alot of your sef worth comes from how you view yourself physically, i know i feel so much happier and far more confident when im losing weight!
im starting cd either this week or nest depending on if i cn get an earlier appointment with cdc (was booked for 1st appointment on sat 20th but im impatient and emailed asking for 13th instead!!)
i really hope i can be as strong willed as you are - you're an inspiration and its amazig reading about not only your weight loss, but to hear you becoming a different person!

much loves and hope i can do as well as you (L)

xxx

Hi All

I am out this evening so can't really update tongiht >.<. But I just wanted to come on quickly to say that I have been asked to go to a wedding first week in september...

the wedding is in Tunisia :D One week all inclusive holiday. Now if this is not a good enough incentive to stick to the diet and hit my target weight then I do not know what is :D So excited..

Plus.. it will be me plus the guy I have a huge crush on...so when i hit my target weight, and have my confidence up, out in the sun.. who knows ahahaha ;) ;)

hahaha!!! i just love that incentive!!!
go for it!

xcx

Hey All :)

Got my weigh in tomorrow morning.... and Im really nervous for this one for some reason haha

I am actually predicting a small weight loss this week. The reason being I seem to have lost inches this week... noticably around my waist. When I started the diet i was in a 48" jeans. Last Saturday I was in a 46" jeans and today I actually fit into a pair of 44" which is amazing in such a little space of time.

I am aiming for a 3lb loss this week.. I'd be so happy to get that then it means I would have hit 2 stone loss in 5 weeks :)

let us know how u get on!!!
good luck!!!

xcx

Day 36- February 14th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Current Weight - 17St 4 Pounds]

Hello All, Happy Valentine's Day :D I had my weigh in on Saturday and this is now week 6 for me so thought I would do an update on how Week 5 went :)

Well to start with I had my weigh in yesterday, and I
lost 4 pounds in week 5 yay :D I am really happy with this. It means I have now lost 2 stone 1 pound in 5 weeks... and I have now gone from a BMI of 42 to a BMI of 37 in just 5 weeks. I also can now fit into a size 44 jeans.. 5 weeks ago I was in a size 48 jeans so all in all I have had a postive weigh in this week. I originally just aimed for 3 pounds but the 4 pounds was great :D

You might think would I be a bit disappointed because in week 4 I lost 6lbs... but the answer is no. I do not expect huge loses every week.. I don't think anyone should. If you think you are going to lose 5lbs+ every week it just makes you feel disappointed in yourself if you don't hit that target. I aim for more realistic goals.. I am happy with any loss, be it in pounds or inches (last week was both hehe). I think I lost so much on wk 4 because of all the dancing I did.. I must to that again at some stage hehe :p

Anyways I have still been sticking to the diet and having my water. Lately I have found it difficult to have all 4 packs and on 2 occasions I was naughty and only had 3 :( I need to reshift when I had them so I do not forget to have my full 4 packs. I have not really had any problems with hunger or the likes... to be honest it is just more habit and routine now I do not feel like I am consciously trying to make an effort each day.. I just stick to my routine and everything is fine.

Last week I was asked to go on Holiday with a few mates... one of them is getting married and she is having the wedding here but then all her friends and family going on a honeymoon party abroad. She asked me to go and I said yes :D

Oh did I mention it was in Tunisia :D yay never been there no idea what its like all I know is that its sun, sand, and all inclusive hehe. The holiday should be first or second week in September so I had set myself a target to lose as much weight as possible by that time so I can feel good about myself and go out in the sun... I think this is great motivation for me to stick to CD. Likewise the guy I have a huge crush on is going and when Im thinner.. and more confident.. and we are out in the tropics.. who knows haha ;)

I hope everyone is well and I will speak to you all soon xx Take Care :)

P.S Oh I should really get some photies on by the end of the week going to get a friend to take a pic of me.. see what I am like 5 weeks into the diet etc..

Hi All

Today is a DISASTER... well it isnt as such but for the first time I have been having hunger pangs and rumbling stomach... after 6 weeks in :S I hope I havent come out of ketosis.. but i cant have cus ive stuck to the diet haha

Hope the stomach noises go away cus i thought i was done with this after the first week booo haha :( Nevermind onward and upward hehe

Day 43- February 20th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Current Weight - 17St 0 Pounds]

Hello all :D I have had my week 6 weigh in today and I have lost another 4 pounds yaaay :D I am really pleased at this result. It means that I have lost a staggering 2 stone 5 pounds in just 6 weeks on this diet. It's insane.. especially as I had a very trying week haha. But once again I hit my target for the week so was chuffed.

This was the first week that I had a proper blip :< Well.. I say a proper blip what I mean is I ate chicken!! And ok I know it wasn't the end of the world but for the past 5 weeks I had been 100% on the diet.. not faultered. But this week I ended up having chicken.. and I have no idea why I did it haha. It was one of those out of body moments were afterwards you are like.. "did I really just do that?!?"

I think it was because work has been stressful this week. I been working long hours etc and it got to me a bit. Also I was going to help the guy I have a crush on complete his NVQ.. and I am struggling to hide the way I feel about him.. He knows I like him but if he really knew how much I know i'd scare him away and I am trying to keep the friendship we have. I think it just all got ontop of me and I had a moment of weakness :p

After I realised what I had done I just went and straight away had a litre of water.. my shake.. and then banished myself away from the kitchen. I must admit I was a bit down on myself but I just carried on and was back on the wagon straight away. Tho after that blip I was 100% convinced that I was not going to lose anything.. but to my surprise I did so i was pleased. It does not give me the right to be complacent tho! I must be vigilant and keep an eye on my wandering hands hahah ;)

My target this week is to lose 3 pounds. If I lose 3 pounds this week it will bring my BMI down from 37 to 36. I like to set myself small realistic weekly targets because that way I can try my best to hit them. it has worked for me every week so far :D So if its working Im going to stick with it.

Only 16 more pounds on my lent challenge also :D If I lose anything this week.. and hit the 16's.. it will be the first time I have been in the 16 stone range since 2004. So I am really excited to see what this week brings.

Take Care all.. if anything happens Ill be sure to post more on here

Ant xx

Day 50- February 20th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Current Weight - 16st 12 Pounds]

Hey all it is only Ant :D I am sorry I have not been around much this week I have had a nightmare of a week.. really full of stress and emotion :(

Anyways in a nutshell I cheated and had loads of chicken and rice this week. I know.. I HAVE SINNED :( and I was convinced this morning that I had put on or stayed the same. But in fact I did manage to lose 2lbs.. so that should be a good thing.. but I must not get complacent. This week i am back to normal and not let work or other things stop me from losing my weight.

I am happy with a 2lb loss considering this week has been hell for me. Work was stressing me out and the guy I have a huge crush on now was parading his new BF around infront of me totally oblivious as to the way I feel. Ill talk more later just thought i'd do a quick update hehe :p

Ive lost two and a half stone now and its only been 7 weeks. I feel better and people are noticing.. so I should be in a positive mood. Still a bit down that I didn't lose any more.. but hey ho I am still on the diet.. it works.. and this week is a fresh week and hey at least I lost weight scales still going down haha

Take Care will be on later to write more :p

Back