Xypher's Journey through the Cambridge Diet

Aww thanks Bling :) I can't believe how nice and supportive everyone is here haha xx

Youve done sooo well. And at least i know what to fully expect from the first few days again i blocked it out the first time around. hope you dont mind me sticking my nose in :)

Nope you are more than welcome to hun haha :)

youll wil regret that in a few weeks haha with my over posting!

Day Thirteen- January 21th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Start Weight - 19st 5 Pounds
[Current Weight - 18st 9 Pounds]

Hi All... It's only Ant on for another short update on my Thirteenth day of the Cambridge Diet =P I think this second week has gone a lot quicker than the first... I think it because I am used to it now, I have my little routines... and it doesn't seem as much of an effort anymore.

Today was hard in work, the 3 people who sit around me decided to all go and get KFC meal box thingies during their lunch.....they are my mates and they didnt ask me if I wanted anything but I didnt think it hit them till they got back that oops.. this might tempt poor Ant haha :D

The smell was heaven >.< I was surrounded by chicken and chips and corn on the cob THERE WAS NO ESCAPE haha.. but... I sat there with my vegetable soup and water and just got on with things. I enjoyed the smell... as long as I can enjoy the smell and not do anything else then I can be happy. You hear about people living vicariously through others... well I am EATING vicariously through others hahaha. They said sorry but really they have nothing to apologise for... Its my choice to do the diet noone is forcing me.. and besides its not as if I will NEVER have a KFC haha.. I will have one when I am a healthier weight and in a position to exercise regularly and work off a treat such as a KFC. At the moment i cannot do that so no junk food for me :D after a while It didnt really bother me so much. I think my self control is really starting to pick up I am able to think about the food and yet not act on it or have the desire to go reach for anything.

I'll be in week 3 on Saturday which if I remember means I can have a bar a day if i wanted? Not sure if I will do though...I mean it would be nice for a change but I'm fine with what I got. I am glad to see others have recently started the diet and I wish them all the very best of luck and success with it :)

Tomorrow I am joining an LGBT support group called the Terrance Higgins Trust. I am absolutely scared stiff hahahaha. My self image issues and self esteem issues means I find it very hard interacting with new people and I can be a bit shy at first. I told myself that as well as losing the weight I was going to go out, meet new people, and personally to interact more with the gay community as I never have done properly before. So I will let you all know how I get on :) I am just hoping I actually go and not chicken out hehehehe...

Take Care All :)

Ant xx

Wow well done you for being so good with people eating KFC around you, you did really well you must be very proud of your self. Cant believe you sat there with your soup and water, how fab are you!! I know kinda how you feel tho, as you know its my first day 2day on the diet and at work a woman brought in a selection box full off wonderfull looking milk chocolate chocolates and they where left on a few desks fown from mine infront of me for the drivers to enjoy when they come into the office. I was very good and altho i had to walk past them 100 times to the toilet today i did not have one haha.

I am glad to hear week 2 is better than week one hun, It can only get better from here. Reading your diary it seems like you have always been focused on your goal tho you are doing very well.

I think that support group will be great to meet new people and get out the house a little more :) Its normal to be nervous and scared, but once you get there i bet you will get on with everyone and really enjoy yourself... and if you dont then you dont have to go again, what have you got to lose? There might be a brad pitt just waiting for you to turn up hehe! :D xxx

well done on surviving the chicken! i survived the doughnuts at work today, gives you a feeling of empowerment dont you think? good luck with the support group too.

Hi Ant

Well done on resisting the KFC! It is a particular brand that crops up in a fair few discussions on the Cambridge forums, because so many people like it and the initial aromas can be so enticing.
It was easier for me to cope at a buffet at a conference centre yesterday, because it was mainly small rolls and posh sandwiches.

Good Luck with joining your new group, I hope you find it very useful and an opportunity to widen your social circle.

Looking forward to hearing how 2nd weigh-in works out! x

LOL, just saw Tasha's comments about the Brad Pitt look-a-like, sorry mate, there is probably only one BP look-a-like, late 30's to late 40's, resides in the East London area and frantically searching for... me!! Ha, ha, we can all but dream x

Hey All :)

Going to do my official update tonight but just thought I would pop on here and say..

Second weigh in I have lost 5 pounds!!!!!!!!! YAAAAY :D

That means in 2 weeks I have lost a stone and a pound.. 15 pounds in 14days I am sooo chuffed :D

Take Care xxx

Ha, ha, he he!! You've beaten your own target, how good is that! What great news, well done Ant - you really are up and running with CD x

Day Fifteen- January 23rd 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Current Weight - 18st 4 Pounds]

Hello All :)

So it is saturday and I have now been on the Cambridge Diet two whole weeks :O Which is insane really. The first week did drag because I was still adjusting to the new way of eating/drinking... but the second week seemed to go quicker :)

At my weigh in I was my usual sceptic self..."no way have I lost anything this week". Well I actually lost a surprising 5pounds. That means that in two weeks I have lost 1 stone and 1 pound. Which I think is pretty damn insane. To have lost a stone in 2 weeks is just unreal I still can't believe it really. Now that I am in week 3 I was given the choice of substituting one of the soups/shakes for a bar. And to be honest I decided not too yet... I like the old adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I am happy with my choc mint, my vegetable and my chicken and mushroom soup so I will keep with that for another week.

I decided, to treat myself for losing a stone... that I would go and buy the new phone I was eyeing up. I wanted it at xmas but I said to myself until I lose a stone and go 100% on this new diet then I wouldn't... but I have and so the new LG BL20 Black and Red is mine muahahaha :D

I decided now that I am in my third week I might do a bit of light exercise. Yer can you believe it I lost a stone and a pound doing f*** all exercise wise heheh. I decided to break out my new Wii Fit plus and spend a bit of time on that. It was light exercise that just got me active enough to feel it but not too active that I burn off too many calories otherwise I'd get dizzy I think (I'm not on my cals as it is haha you burn them and Ill have nothing :p) I also went to boots and bought bio oil and palmers firming cocoa butter... I figure my skin my need that stuff to help it firm and stay elastic so i dont get saggy skin hehe :)

Oh if you remember I mentioned I was attending a LGBT group last night and that I was sooo nervous about it. Well I went... and I had a great time :D At first I was very quiet but the people in the group were so understanding and I felt safe there... enough to start chatting with them. So I'm definitly going there next week and I'm feeling very positive and confident about it. I have never in my life been this "pro me" and so pro active in making the changes in my life that I felt I deserved. My friends and family are so pround of me and I'm really feeling that for once I am in complete control of my body and my life... nothing gets in without my saying so haha

I hope you are all well... my thoughts with you all. Good luck to everyone on their journey :) This week 3 I am aiming for a 4 pound loss to hit a nice rounded 18 stone... however If I hit 17st12 that would make me over the moon as that would be a stone and a half but we shall see :) I dont care as long as next week I weight anything lower than 18 st 4 haha

Take Care xx

Hi Ant

Looks like its been a good week for you, what with a better weight loss than you anticipated and a successful time at the LGBT group.
Have you fully updated your details - it still says 10 pounds on the left sided panel. I was wondering if your BMI is up-to-date.

Good Luck with the exercise. I used the Palmers cream today, great minds think alike! Catch up again soon x

Bloody hell Ant your doing fab!!! Well done you!! You defo deserve that phone hun :D cant believe you have lost so much in 2weeks!! Your gonna be at your goal in no time!

OoOo so you went to the group.. and yay you enjoyed yourself, i am so proud of you!! Bet you are so glad you went :D Getting out the house and meeting new people is fab and will build your confidence! Go you on your wii fit plus eh, i am thinking of investing in one but i am scared because i had a wii fit last year and only used it once and gave it away a 6 months later, and i guess playing mariokart does not count as exercise haha!!

I need to invest in some skin care products too. You will have to let me know what you think of the ones you have bought. I normally use clarins so i might see if they do a skin firming cream. I have some bio oil but as i am so big i use so much just putting it on me and its like £10 a pot, and the pots aint that big lol.

if you keep on, the way your going i am sure you will reach your target for next weeks loss. hehe! Keep up the FAB work hun <3 xxx

Ah, BMI showing exciting progress downwards! I do believe that you will soon be hitting a significant milestone Ant x

Week 3- January 25th 2009
[Diet - Sole Source]
[Current Weight - 18st 4 Pounds]

Hey all :) Just thought I would pop on and still let everyone know how I am doing :)

I'm not sure that every update will be very long...Sunday and today was sooo uneventful and boring I couldn't think of anything to post about haha :p

Im now into Week 3... sticking with it 100%.. lost 5 pounds last Saturday (Week 2) and aiming to lose 4 pounds this Week to round me off to 18 and get me out of that 40 BMI range :D

I think more people in work are starting to take a second glance at me... I think they are starting to see that I am losing weight which is great. I tend to lose weight first in the face and back and sides and so people have noticed my face getting thinner :)

I am going to put a pic up of me before I started.. and me now...I just can't seem to find a great before photo. I used to refuse getting pics taken so finding one is scarce haha. Ill take one of myself now tomorrow and hopefully ill be able to keep a log of my appearance each month to note the difference :p

If I put a pic up after 4 weeks then one before hopefully there will be a noticable difference. I cannot believe I am even considering putting pictures up... I don't like myself in pictures all I see is Mr Blobby ahahaha.. i untag myself from facebook all the time etc. But I think i'm in a more confident frame of mind now so I will tag myself back into them and start taking pics each month.

I am so happy with myself. It is not even the end of January yet but I am in such control of my life at the moment its scary. I said this year I was going to make a difference and I really am following through...It is nice to be in complete control of what I eat, what I drink, and also people have noticed my confidence growing slowly... and this group I joined will help me even moreso. The future is looking exciting :D

Take Care All xxx

Hi Ant

Its so lovely to read your post - its amazing to hear of the impact CD has already made on your life.
Life should be exciting, perhaps not all of the time or we wouldn't get any housework done (send in Kim and Aggie, lol!) but its great that you are feeling so positive about the future.
I have never been a member of facebook or similar - I was worried that it would give me an excuse to never go out the front door.

Hope that you get the 4lb loss this week but whatever you lose will be a wonderful step forward.

All the best x

Aww thanks :D

I can honestly say I do not think I would have done so well and committed so well without the support of you, Tasha and all the other wonderful people here.

Never have I felt more confident and in control , and for the first time I feel like I could actually do this ... I could actually acheive what I have wanted all my life... a thinner me

And you will get there hun!! Your doing fab!! Cant believe your whole life is changing thats so lovely i love to hear that :D Well done you your doing great <3 xxx

Back