Yellow Watermelon's Exante Journey

So... one of the things that I've been struggling with lately is exercise. I have been pretty fit (not super fit, just tended to jog or do walks etc sufficiently to be healthy) for most of my life. With this diet, I just don't seem to have the energy and I've let everything slide. I can walk, but anything more than that and I'm feeling dizzy and gross. And, I don't feel like moving much. I figured it was ok for the beginning, as I'd be on this for a while and then get off it and start exercising again, but now that everything has slowed down so much and I don't know how long I'll be on it for, I am wondering what to do.

Ok, so here's the plan. I'm going to start off with 20 minutes of exercise every day. Just a short walk. In a week, I'll see where I'm up to.

Now I've written it down, I'm going to have to do it!

4kg is super close! You’ve done so well. It’s painful when things slow down but you must be feeling happier in general compared to when you started out? The desperation for bigger losses becomes less as does the pressure to lose because you look better and feel more confident. This is where I ditch VLCD so I’m super impressed you’re sticking with it to the end!

Forgive me as I can’t remember your starting point but do your arms look chunky because you have excess skin or is it just something you’ve noticed that you want to work on? My arms will look chunky until a surgeon removes skin which is frustrating. Wish I could just do it through exercise.

I’m good - thanks for visiting my diary :)

I didn’t see your next post over the page - ooops. Do you have a Fitbit or anything like that? I find knowing that I have burnt at least what I have consumed (most of the time) gives me reassurance. It also shows me that I can burn the same (sometimes more) calories when doing housework that has to be done than when I go to the gym. I go to the gym to increase lean mass so not a disappointment for me but interesting to know that literally moving more (as is said so often) works very well. Committing to housework is boring but effective. Maybe there are other things you’d like to do that means moving and not sitting and if you have such a device, you could measure the effectiveness - it’s also a nice distraction :)

Last edited:
Fantastic, only 4kg to go! Well done you!! I hear you on the exercise front. Although my tendency is to go straight into exercising and dieting (and doing eveeeerrithing all at once) I do know how that backfires. My plan is similar to yours. Im sticking to walking at the moment because anything more intense (i have a little crosstrainer upstairs and have tried it once or twice in the past 2 weeks) makes me feel super dizzy. Goal is to get in, as much as I can, 10k steps a day which is the normal recommended level for an adult. Built in little walks around corridors at work to just get me away from the desk sitting habit. I plan to do a bit more on food week and thats when Ill attempt to cycle to work and include at least 10-15mins of crosstraining a day. But I'll leave my body to decide. If i get dizzy and confused I really dont wanna be on a bike on the road! Because Thursdays are a great alcohol trigger for me I think I'm gonna do aqua aerobics on that day of the week as it's bound to me good for movement but not too intense.

I didn’t see your next post over the page - ooops. Do you have a Fitbit or anything like that? I find knowing that I have burnt at least what I have consumed (most of the time) gives me reassurance. It also shows me that I can burn the same (sometimes more) calories when doing housework that has to be done than when I go to the gym. I go to the gym to increase lean mass so not a disappointment for me but interesting to know that literally moving more (as is said so often) works very well. Committing to housework is boring but effective. Maybe there are other things you’d like to do that means moving and not sitting and if you have such a device, you could measure the effectiveness - it’s also a nice distraction :)

I have a step counter thing- but I'm not a fan of bracelets or watches so the fitbit hasn't been appealing. So yes, absolutely, I should dig it out and start using it again!
And the arms thing from your first post - I don't know, they just look bigger than they did last time I was this size. I don't have too much skin on them - most of my skin is on the tummy area from babies, but it's actually starting to tighten up of its own accord. In total, I've lost just under 50 lb or so - 50lb was my initial goal, and I think I'm on 44 or something now.

It's probably also just this weather than means arms are out a lot more than they used to be!

Fantastic, only 4kg to go! Well done you!! I hear you on the exercise front. Although my tendency is to go straight into exercising and dieting (and doing eveeeerrithing all at once) I do know how that backfires. My plan is similar to yours. Im sticking to walking at the moment because anything more intense (i have a little crosstrainer upstairs and have tried it once or twice in the past 2 weeks) makes me feel super dizzy. Goal is to get in, as much as I can, 10k steps a day which is the normal recommended level for an adult. Built in little walks around corridors at work to just get me away from the desk sitting habit. I plan to do a bit more on food week and thats when Ill attempt to cycle to work and include at least 10-15mins of crosstraining a day. But I'll leave my body to decide. If i get dizzy and confused I really dont wanna be on a bike on the road! Because Thursdays are a great alcohol trigger for me I think I'm gonna do aqua aerobics on that day of the week as it's bound to me good for movement but not too intense.

Thanks, Electo! I usually go hell for leather too, but the whole concept of a VLCD was so bizarre that I thought I'd take one massive change at a time! 10k per day is awesome - even when I do my 30 minute jogs (which I haven't done for a while, obviously) ,it's still on 5k. The last time I managed 10k easily was when I had a decent walk to my train station, then a decent walk to my office. I have neither now, and it's so much harder to hit when the need to walk isn't 100% necessary.

Your plan sounds great - I hope it goes well!

Thanks, Electo! I usually go hell for leather too, but the whole concept of a VLCD was so bizarre that I thought I'd take one massive change at a time! 10k per day is awesome - even when I do my 30 minute jogs (which I haven't done for a while, obviously) ,it's still on 5k. The last time I managed 10k easily was when I had a decent walk to my train station, then a decent walk to my office. I have neither now, and it's so much harder to hit when the need to walk isn't 100% necessary.

Your plan sounds great - I hope it goes well![/

Sorry - I swear I wrote 'Alecto' and it came up as 'Electo'. Either that or the lack of food has made my brain fuzzy.

Thanks! That's interesting, isn't it - not what they usually seem to tell you to do! It seems doable.

He seems to know his stuff. I've read quite a few of his articles. If short sharp bursts did the trick as apposed to spending hours at the gym each week, that would suit me fine. I try to remain open to differing opinions especially after reading so many scientific based reports that what we have be told with things such as "only low fat diets work", then who knows whats true? 'Facts' seem to change like fashion. It could drive a person crazy. I guess the best thing to do is find something that suits us on an individual level and stick with it. :D

Has anyone noticed the exante website recently? Hardly any products available...again! Four shakes only, still no cookies and cream bars, no pizzas, no fajitas.

This does seem to be an ongoing problem - while I do love the products, they have some progress to do with their ordering systems!

Come on exante, step up!

Has anyone noticed the exante website recently? Hardly any products available...again! Four shakes only, still no cookies and cream bars, no pizzas, no fajitas.

This does seem to be an ongoing problem - while I do love the products, they have some progress to do with their ordering systems!

Come on exante, step up!

The bad reviews about lack of stock was very off putting and somewhat outweighs the good reviews about the product itself. I messaged them before I placed my first order and they said new stock would be arriving within the next 2days. I actually received my first order about 3 days after it was placed which I was happy about.
I need to order more in the next day or so. I'm nervous about the really bad stocking-up service they seem to have and what do we do if they don't have the stock? Hard enough to get in to ketosis without having to restart through no fault of our own.

The bad reviews about lack of stock was very off putting and somewhat outweighs the good reviews about the product itself. I messaged them before I placed my first order and they said new stock would be arriving within the next 2days. I actually received my first order about 3 days after it was placed which I was happy about.
I need to order more in the next day or so. I'm nervous about the really bad stocking-up service they seem to have and what do we do if they don't have the stock? Hard enough to get in to ketosis without having to restart through no fault of our own.

To add to the above:

I've just been to the Exante site to order my next 2 week supply of shakes. The selection they have right now is dire. They only had 4 flavour options to choose from; Vanilla, Banana, Chocolate, Coconut. I feel kind of jipped to be honest.
You commit 100% to a diet that needs to be constant so you don't fall out of Ketosis and the last thing that should have to be considered is whether Exante, who makes such bold claims about being one of the leading meal replacement companies, can actually handle supply and demand.
Bit of a rant there, but this has been going on far too long now looking at the feedback they get.

To add to the above:

I've just been to the Exante site to order my next 2 week supply of shakes. The selection they have right now is dire. They only had 4 flavour options to choose from; Vanilla, Banana, Chocolate, Coconut. I feel kind of jipped to be honest.
You commit 100% to a diet that needs to be constant so you don't fall out of Ketosis and the last thing that should have to be considered is whether Exante, who makes such bold claims about being one of the leading meal replacement companies, can actually handle supply and demand.
Bit of a rant there, but this has been going on far too long now looking at the feedback they get.

They're down to 2 flavours now - chocolate and vanilla!

I need to order some more - I've got probably a week's supply of shakes, but my bars are nearly out. At this rate, I'll be eating sweet and sour noodles for breakfast soon (*shudder*). I'm now checking daily.

It is insane, so I'm totally with you on this rant!

They're down to 2 flavours now - chocolate and vanilla!

I need to order some more - I've got probably a week's supply of shakes, but my bars are nearly out. At this rate, I'll be eating sweet and sour noodles for breakfast soon (*shudder*). I'm now checking daily.

It is insane, so I'm totally with you on this rant!

I had a slight (polite) rant with their customer service after I placed my order. Just got fobbed off with the same old, same old as they have been replying on trustpilot to other dissatisfied customers. I think they need to start being a bit more honest about the situation, I'm sure it would be less annoying for the customers.

My order will take me into week 4 so I've bought 7 sweet and sour noodle sachets, I didn't really fancy anything else they had on offer. Are they nice? Any tips to make them more like real food? x

Edit: They actually claim to be the number one replacement meal company. Should be had up under trade descriptions. ;)

I had a slight (polite) rant with their customer service after I placed my order. Just got fobbed off with the same old, same old as they have been replying on trustpilot to other dissatisfied customers. I think they need to start being a bit more honest about the situation, I'm sure it would be less annoying for the customers.

My order will take me into week 4 so I've bought 7 sweet and sour noodle sachets, I didn't really fancy anything else they had on offer. Are they nice? Any tips to make them more like real food? x

Edit: They actually claim to be the number one replacement meal company. Should be had up under trade descriptions. ;)

Go, Ketoveggie! Honestly, you'd think they would be watching these discussions too - it's a good way of getting truly honest feedback about your business, but they are clearly doing well enough that they don't care.

Sweet and sour noodles are my favourite of the bowl meals (as in, not fajitas/pizzas). They're one of the only ones I actually make according to the packet in terms of water, as they end up kind of noodle-soupy - and they're good with a dash of chilli sauce if you like it spicy.

So, they're good, I just don't want to eat them for breakfast... ;)

Hmm..they really do need to pull their act together. Wanting to make a buck means selling stuff...not to mention that there's so many people relying on them. That being said, the BBC and ITV shows probbaly got a lot of people on this diet! Wonder how cambridge are doing with their stock...

Hmm..they really do need to pull their act together. Wanting to make a buck means selling stuff...not to mention that there's so many people relying on them. That being said, the BBC and ITV shows probbaly got a lot of people on this diet! Wonder how cambridge are doing with their stock...

Hi Alecto,
You've probably hit the nail on the head with the why they are short on stock. Wouldn't you think some bright spark at Exante would have realised being on national T.V, with G.P's endorsing their product, would cause a massive rise in their sales and with that, thought ahead to put measures in place to meet the higher demand? They've no excuse really. I mean, realistically how far in advance would they have known their products were to be used on T.V? Long enough for such a large company to get their butts into gear, surely.
I might have to look into an alternative.

Is Cambridge reliable? ;)

@YellowWatermelon, apologies, I feel like I've hijacked your thread.

Sian x

Last edited:
Hijack away! I'm not using it as much as I used to anyway :)

Three shakes are up this morning - they've managed to find some coconut ones ('out the back'??). Still nothing else.

Back