Yet another thread on philadelphia..

yeah but i never said they are. what i said was going off plan in that minor way wouldn't effect the weight loss either.

I had a go with do it yourself garlic and herb philadelphia light as suggested and it is yummy - so problem solved.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Yeah but in theory it shouldn't effect weight loss because although you're not getting the calcium benefit it's no more calories/ fat/ anything that would effect the weight loss.
Unless your accounting for the benefits that calcium can have in weight loss but as I take calcium supplements anyways so wouldn't be losing out there either..
Don't get me wrong I know technically this isn't following the SW plan properly but it should in theory have the same result?

i agree totally. philly light is philly light. end of. the only difference is the philly light has garlic and herbs in it, which by my recollection are "store cupbored staples" anyway. which means if you buy a tub of philly light, then take it home and put some garlic in it and sprinkle some herbs in it is exactly the same. so why not just buy it already made!!??

i know people 'pay to do slimming world but not slimming world with tweaks' but come on, use your noggin a bit. The healthy extras are there to help you stay healthy, not for weight loss, as i saw mentioned in a thread just now.

not like your confusing it with a mars bar now is it. im sure no one in the history of the world got fat by eating a a few herbs.

Are you saying a mars bar isn't a HEX? Damn knew I was going wrong somewhere ;-)
Hehe
I'm inclined to agree with you, yeah I know it's a tweak but a very minor one, not like swapping white bread for brown!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yeah I know it's a tweak but a very minor one, not like swapping white bread for brown!

Er its exactly like swapping white bread for wholemeal! You need your HEa for calcium and for whatever reason the flavoured one doesnt have as much calcium as the plain one in the same way that white bread doesnt have as much fibre as white

i agree totally. philly light is philly light. end of. the only difference is the philly light has garlic and herbs in it

i know people 'pay to do slimming world but not slimming world with tweaks' but come on, use your noggin a bit. The healthy extras are there to help you stay healthy, not for weight loss, as i saw mentioned in a thread just now.

No they are not because if that was the only difference then it would be on the HEa list - it does not have the required calcium content. And thank you but I really dont need to be told to use my noggin

No they are not because if that was the only difference then it would be on the HEa list - it does not have the required calcium content. And thank you but I really dont need to be told to use my noggin

it wasn't directly aimed at you tbh, i just used what you said as an example, but if you do insist on being pedantic about things like that then yes, take it aimed directly at you. I've seen how you try to patronize people around this forum and quite frankly it annoys me.

you yourself must admit that sometimes some slimming world allowances do not make sense based on there nutritional information. And if as you say the garlic and herb one is in fact a HEB based on protein content, then that is slightly pointless too as it only has 0.1g more than the normal one per 30g of the stuff, everything else is the same. As for calcium content, Philadelphia is pretty crap on that element of nutrition anyway no matter what one you are eating based on how much calcium you should have a day as a guideline. so it might as well be eaten as a HEA anyway no matter what they say because its not worth wasting an HEB for and especially wasting syns on it.

graciebaby87 said:
it wasn't directly aimed at you tbh, i just used what you said as an example, but if you do insist on being pedantic about things like that then yes, take it aimed directly at you. I've seen how you try to patronize people around this forum and quite frankly it annoys me.

you yourself must admit that sometimes some slimming world allowances do not make sense based on there nutritional information. And if as you say the garlic and herb one is in fact a HEB based on protein content, then that is slightly pointless too as it only has 0.1g more than the normal one per 30g of the stuff, everything else is the same. As for calcium content, Philadelphia is pretty crap on that element of nutrition anyway no matter what one you are eating based on how much calcium you should have a day as a guideline. so it might as well be eaten as a HEA anyway no matter what they say because its not worth wasting an HEB for and especially wasting syns on it.

Well I've eaten philli light with chives garlic etc as a hex a on ee as I didn't know you had to syn them and on those weeks I had some of my best losses so I'm gonna stick with it as it tastes nicer than the plain stuff I have also bought Asda own brand philli light and used that as I would Philly as a hex a bad bad me but I'm not complaining 1st 4lb in 13 weeks so I will carry on as if I never saw this thread oblivious to the fact that it has syns instead of a hex (just a shame choc Philly can't be a hex lol)

nd if as you say the garlic and herb one is in fact a HEB based on protein content, then that is slightly pointless too as it only has 0.1g more than the normal one per 30g of the stuff,

I dont think anyone even mentioned protein did they? :confused:

ermintrude said:
I dont think anyone even mentioned protein did they? :confused:

Not in this thread but another one about pretty much the same thing it was said by none other than the patchwork puss about 2 months previous.

I'm not being pedantic - that's the SW plan, there is no getting away from it as its written there in black and white. The personal comments are however completely unnecessary and uncalled for so I won't bother responding other than to say that if I annoy you so much there is an ignore facility so please feel free to make use of it

I'm sorry but I don't follow your argument on protein content or why that is relevant to what is being discussed here. cheeses are a HEB on the green plan as you do not get your protein from meat and fish unlike the other plans. That includes all the phillies whether plain, flavoured, full fat, light or extra light and has for some time unlike the HEA option which is a relatively recent development. Also not getting why you think its a waste of a HEB - personally I think 110g of extra light philly or whichever one I'm using is a pretty amazing HEB - but each to their own, thats the beauty of SW.

Yeah but, to go back to what I originally said, the reason it's not a hex a is that it lacks calcium, but seeing as im already taking me RDA of calcium regardless of whether I have the Philly or not, theoretically it wouldn't make the difference.
Is all I'm saying :)

Back