Yo Yo dieters unite and rebel!

fayhamy

This time its for keeps!
Hello all,
I am a yo yo dieter. There Ive said it! I'm looking for other yo yoers to join me in a crusade to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF! " years ago i lost 5 stone on Atkins, stayed at target for approx 1 day, thought to myself i'll never be overweight again and then put on 6 stone over the next 2 years!

So now Ive started sw and lost 7lbs in first week, weigh in tomorrow for 2nd week. I'm delighted to be eating NORMALLY and losing weight, I'd love support from other slimmers and all success stories greatfully received.

Hope you can join me in breaking the yo yo curse !

I hon! I'm with you! Lost 3 stones...put 4 on. Lost 4 stones...put 4 on. Lost a bit...put a bit on. And so on and so on...! Latest is put 5 stones on...rejoined SW 2 wks ago...lost 6lbs at 1st WI last week and desperately hoping to keep it up and then KEEP IT OFF!

Let's hope we can break this curse once and for all!! :asskick:

Skinnydawn,

you could be writing my life story! Have you done sw before? I'm hoping this more @normal@ diet will be my saviour! That and the fact that i'm giving myself a year or more to do it and not the usual 6 month sprint finish where even my dreams are about food again!

Hi fayhamy,

Yes I'm afraid I have done SW before, and the stupid thing is that it works 100% but I always put weight back on unless I make a real conscious effort to monitor it. I did WW too, which also worked, but I was always hungry. I think SW is by far one of the best/healthiest ways to lose weight...no gimmicks...just a sensible eating plan.
I have only just joined this site & I think its really helpful. Although I'm a bit of an old hand at SW, I don't really know the EE plan very well as it wasn't out then so I'm finding it useful to be able to ask questions on here. And of course you get to meet lots of nice people in the same situation as you!
I think we must be kindred spirits hun! Looks like we have the same amount of weight to lose in the same length of time! At the end of the day, it will take as long as it takes (although I'd really like it to all fall off overnight!) but at least we have made a start.
Hope its going well, it sounds like you've already got the hang of it...7lb loss!!! I think week 2 is the worst WI week as its quite often not very big. Dont know why, maybe by then the body is in shock at not having its usual supply of fat and decides to stockpile what it can? Make sure you post how you do, & good luck! Got my 2nd WI on thurs so I'm in the same boat as you...we can sink or swim together lol!!!:girlpower:

fayhamy said:
Hello all,
I am a yo yo dieter. There Ive said it! I'm looking for other yo yoers to join me in a crusade to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF! " years ago i lost 5 stone on Atkins, stayed at target for approx 1 day, thought to myself i'll never be overweight again and then put on 6 stone over the next 2 years!

So now Ive started sw and lost 7lbs in first week, weigh in tomorrow for 2nd week. I'm delighted to be eating NORMALLY and losing weight, I'd love support from other slimmers and all success stories greatfully received.

Hope you can join me in breaking the yo yo curse !

DITTO! in the past I've lost weight then put it all back on and so on and so on...

How did your weigh in go?!

Back