Yo-Yo losses

Kankles

Silver Member
My losses have been all over the place the last few weeks:

STS
STS

I know I shouldn't grumble but I can't seem to fathom out why it's so up and down.

Maybe I've hit a plateau or something? I've got another 1.5 stone to lose and my target was May 15th.

I mainly do EE days, i keep a food diary on here. My lovely pal pebbles is keeping me motivated and spurred on. She's given me lots of tips about using my syns and drinking more water etc, I just wandered if anyone else was finding the same thing?

Can anyone offer any advice? X

Hi Kankle

It can get a bit frustrating I know, but have you considered shaking things up a bit and throwing in some red and green days instead of EE? Sometimes when I do EE I don't do as much 1/3 superfree as I should etc., and it does show on the scales.

Have a change for a bit. Good luck!

Some people just have a pattern of weight loss that means they lose over two weeks. Nothing to worry about once you recognise that is what is happening and accept it. I always had a big(ish) loss one week then very little or stay the same the next. i liked to think of it being my body catching up with itself.

Thanks for ur replies, I suppose I just wanted reasurance that it's quite normal to fluctuate so much. Doing SW from home I get my ideas and advice from this site, so sometimes it's just nice to have that confirmation that ur doing things ok.

Plus I suppose I was really hoping to get 2.5 last week to get me to my next milestone but STS so felt a little disheartened. Still it's not a gain so I'm hoping this week I'll get my 2.5 and to my next goal x

Hi Kankles
Ive been reading around the site and it seems many of the members have on and of weeks.

The body is very sensative if it has any sniff of the fact you could be going into famine it wil not give you half an oz!

What I do if i've had a deop in moral. i divide it by the weeks to mounth..eg you have lost 1lb a week, that is a slow biut very positive loss as it is steady and can be a permenant loss with less up keep at a later date.

There is 6lb in the body ready to be lost and its in the Liver thats what we los when were ill. That gets replaced immediately upon the body getting food back in. It could happen through famine stage.

When you lose the lower amounts its still very much a positive loss.:)

Yes good suggestion there work out your average weekly loss and you will be nicely surprised. Nothing wrong with a lb a week though i know we all would like the excess to disappear quickly, i think with weight loss its a case of slowly and steady is the best way. Well done on the losses so far and good luck with the rest of your sw journey :D

52 lb in a year = 3st 7lb... not to be sneezed at ;).

One summer to wait through and one winter to fight away thecold night cupboard raids.

Ive lost about 12 Summers in my life,to hidding under big clothes and not moving through discomfot.

I can wait 1 more:D

I would like to point out your stats are not up and down, but down and maintain, down and maintain.

Nowt to worry about it at all!!!

xxx

I agree your losses aren't up and down, which is a great result. It's quite an emotional journey but forums like this are a great way of keeping things in perspective. If it's any consolation I am struggling big time but still persevering. My journey so far has been:
week 1: gained 5lb
week 2: -2
week 3 -2
week 4 gained 1.5
week 5: -0.5
week 6: -3
week 7: gained 3

I've stuck to the diet like glue, so go figure... It took all my strength not to walk out of WI in tears last night, but we need to focus on the longterm. We'll all get there in the end

Thanks for ur replies, I suppose I just wanted reasurance that it's quite normal to fluctuate so much. Doing SW from home I get my ideas and advice from this site, so sometimes it's just nice to have that confirmation that ur doing things ok.

Plus I suppose I was really hoping to get 2.5 last week to get me to my next milestone but STS so felt a little disheartened. Still it's not a gain so I'm hoping this week I'll get my 2.5 and to my next goal x

Thats just the same as me! I could have written your post, in fact I have :D without seeing yours first :eek:

I've printed off the Green and Red day bits from the website and I think I might give that a bit of a go, although I don't actually eat that much potatoes/rice/pasta anyway so I feel like I'm sort of already doing the red days but without the additional two Hex's :confused:

Think I might follow your lead and drink more water and eat more syns and see if that helps.

FD
xxx

Thanks for all your replies. It's given me great reassurance that I am on the right track so as Ellebear pointed out I shall continue on my journey down & maintain!

xx

Kankles said:

STS
STS

I know I shouldn't grumble but I can't seem to fathom out why it's so up and down.

Maybe I've hit a plateau or something? I've got another 1.5 stone to lose and my target was May 15th.

I mainly do EE days, i keep a food diary on here. My lovely pal pebbles is keeping me motivated and spurred on. She's given me lots of tips about using my syns and drinking more water etc, I just wandered if anyone else was finding the same thing?

Ok so 1lb lost this week. So what's it to be next week? STS?

Really hoped for 1more lb this week, tried to drink more water, ate a few more syns, had more sf food with my meals so a little disapointed x

If you werent dieting you could of put 5lb on:eek:. thats realy dissapointing. Along with depressing, clothe altering, health wrecking.

You are going the right way Kankles, some people lose lots a week some people lose little.
We are all so different, i cant say i dont envy the people who lose lots... i do but im still on the same path as them just in a slower car;):).

Keep it up its all!!! Good:):):)

STS
STS

Hi well I can see that you have lost 4lbs over 4 weeks so wouldn't say you have hit a plateau! Well Done on the losses. I went through a phase of this but the last 4 weeks I have had a loss each week. The changes I have made that could have helped with this are......
Drinking LOTS of water daily (I thought I drank lots before but don't think was drinking as much as I thought)
Having 1 or 2 green days a week whereas had been doing mostly ex easy
Only having 1 mullerlight a day an having other yoghurts or natural yoghurt or fromage frais at other times
I have stuck to about 105 syns for the week so not cut those down
and have REALLY made sure am sticking to the SUPERFREE rule!
Making AT LEAST a third of my meals superfree! I was having lots of fruit so thought was ok but I think I can eat the fruit on top of my meals so its not limiting the portions of my free foods so I have been eating loads of veg with meals and making lovely salads with toms. cucumber, lettuce and then radishes, grated carrot, gherkins etc in various combinations and touchwood its worked the last few weeks as have lost about 8lb in 4 weeks but who knows what this weeks wi will bring!

Hope some of this makes sense and is of use to you but good luck and try not to rush yourself an average of a lb a week gets you to about 3 and a half stones lost in a year! :)

Hi well I can see that you have lost 4lbs over 4 weeks so wouldn't say you have hit a plateau! Well Done on the losses. I went through a phase of this but the last 4 weeks I have had a loss each week. The changes I have made that could have helped with this are......
Drinking LOTS of water daily (I thought I drank lots before but don't think was drinking as much as I thought)
Having 1 or 2 green days a week whereas had been doing mostly ex easy
Only having 1 mullerlight a day an having other yoghurts or natural yoghurt or fromage frais at other times
I have stuck to about 105 syns for the week so not cut those down
and have REALLY made sure am sticking to the SUPERFREE rule!
Making AT LEAST a third of my meals superfree! I was having lots of fruit so thought was ok but I think I can eat the fruit on top of my meals so its not limiting the portions of my free foods so I have been eating loads of veg with meals and making lovely salads with toms. cucumber, lettuce and then radishes, grated carrot, gherkins etc in various combinations and touchwood its worked the last few weeks as have lost about 8lb in 4 weeks but who knows what this weeks wi will bring!

Hope some of this makes sense and is of use to you but good luck and try not to rush yourself an average of a lb a week gets you to about 3 and a half stones lost in a year! :)

Thanks Emsie, as you can probably imagine I am not really the patient type! Don't get me wrong, I agree it's all going in the right direction and have not yet had a gain (she's says whilst touching wood) I hope to christ I haven't just jinxed myself!

When I started SW in January my goal was to get to 9st 10lb by the 1st May 2011 which is approximately 30lb to lose in 4 months. Having done SW twice previously I lost 21lbs in 6 weeks the first time so I felt that the target I had set myself was realistic. I broke my target up into mini goals:
1st Goal - 1/2 stone (achieved)
2nd Goal - Fit into a new pair of trousers I bought in the sales (achieved)
3rd Goal - 1 stone (achieved)

4th Goal - reach 10st 7lb
5th Goal - reach 10st
6th Goal - TARGET of 9st 10lb (may be adjusted as I get closer to goal weight)

Well done on your weight loss over the last 4 weeks. 8lb is absolutely fantastic. I really appreciate the advice you have given.

Last week I was drinking between 2-5 glasses of water a day as well as 2-3 glasses of Robinson's SF Squash (previously I was having zero water)

I was having SF food with my meals such as incorporating mushrooms, onions & tomatoes in a beef curry. I had roasted butternut squash with a couple of meals as my 1/3 SF. Maybe I should incorporate more salads or something?

My syns I have to admit I still struggled with although I did manage an average of 5-6 per day. I incorporate syns in my cooking & make a few low syn desserts, but I struggle to reach 10 syns. Maybe I should look at this.

Anyway enough rambling, I really appreciate any advice, feedback, criticism, a telling off or whatever. BTW I am no a moaner by nature, just very impatient and when I set my mind to do something I am full steam ahead so I feel like I am running the 100m while my body is running the 3000m. Surely we can meet in the middle and do 800m!!!!

Thanks everyone, it's much appreciated!

xxxxxxx

Back