yoghurt, cup a soup, weight watchers meal

best way to diet = healthy eating and exercise, no point starving yourself ive just recoverd from 6 years eating disorders and its not pretty. youll start lowering the cals and then youll become obsesed only in the end to be fatter than you first started. best way is find out how many cals you need (min should be 1000 a push usiali 1200 is the best) and get some good exercise in you cant go wrong. and drink lots of water its great for your face. x

I think you have to decide for yourself what diet to follow. Being fat can lead to worse health issues (Diabetes , heart attacks , depression etc) then following a VLCD for six months or so

I know what you feel about being fat, and I agree that being overweight can definitely have huge negative health issues.

I was fat not so long ago, I felt like I wanted to die - I looked ugly and did not love myself. I was trying every possible diet, and only after wasting years of unsuccessful experiments, and thousands for products that do not deliver promised long term results, I quit.

And THEN, only then I found out what works - and I know this for sure - only natural things do. You cannot put yourself on a dieting schedule, beacuse sooner or later you will get tired of that.

Losing weight has to be a natural process, only this will guarantee long term success.

I lost over 50 Lbs and what I did to achieve this? I stopped following "big name" diets, started to read more about how the body works, and started to listen to my body - eat whenever I was hungry, drink plenty of water, and many more.

The thing I found out is in my opinion, the only thing that can lead you to successful long term weight loss - is Metabolism.

Look at all the skinny people - their metabolism is high! So the only way to lose weight forever is to improve your metabolism and keep it up. You do not need dieting, human body is not made for dieting. That`s just a huge billions dollars market!

I am sorry to write such a long story, but I believe weight loss success is not in "schedules", and not in "big name" diets.

I home this helps, and if you have any questions, just ask! I will be glad to help! :)

Jesse

I think you have to decide for yourself what diet to follow. Being fat can lead to worse health issues (Diabetes , heart attacks , depression etc) then following a VLCD for six months or so

I do feel that people are missing the forest for the trees here. The issue isn’t so much the weight, but that people eat incorrectly.

Take an analogy of a smoker. He goes to the doctor with a terrible cough. The doctor knows that if he gives up smoking, the cough will go, but he doesn’t want to give up smoking just yet, so the only thing the doctor can advise is that he takes something for the cough. After all, the cough is straining his lungs and heart, so let’s deal with that.

Now, doctor can tell him how important it is to give up smoking, but she knows him and knows it will be wasted breath, so she prescribes a medicine that will work for the cough. Short term solution for a long term problem.

Now, what if the patient says “it’s okay doc…I’ve made my own medicine. Okay, it may damage my body in other ways, and bring the cough back even more when I’ve finished it….but hey…my cough will be gone quick”. Do you think that the doctor would approve?

Of course not.

I have no idea whether diets such as recommended by the original poster are safe or not, but unless you are a biochemist or have a degree in physiology, then I reckon it’s best to stick with diets that have been tested for safety;)

Please do not compromise your health in pursuit of a body that may not function well once slim. Stick to the methods that have been proven to work and that are safe.

I have always done a low calorie diet usually under 500cals. Honestly, the whole "your body goes into starvation mode" is NOT true at all.
Everyone is different and everyones body reacts differently to certain diets and what work for some may not work for others.
I dont excercise at all whilst im on this diet and i still manage to lose 2-4pounds each week.
The first 4 days of starting a low cal diet is the hardest. Then your body gets used to it and sort of gives up being hungry.
After i have reached my goal weight which would be around 6months from now I plan on excercising daily, slowly increasing my calorie intake to avoid sudden weight gain and start work full time as a carer. So hopefully this job will keep me active and help maintain my weight. Thats my plan anyway. :)

Honestly, the whole "your body goes into starvation mode" is NOT true at all.

Hate to break it to you, but there is. In fact anyone who goes on a weight reduction diet is going into some sort of starvation mode. Well, unless you plan to reduce very, very slowly.

Everyone is different and everyones body reacts differently to certain diets and what work for some may not work for others.
Absolutely agree with you there. So, can you tell me exactly how much your leptin levels have dipped since doing this diet?

Unfortunately, most of us haven't any idea, so we have to rely on research done by those in the know. If you have a good way of testing it, maybe you can market it to us all.
I dont excercise at all whilst im on this diet and i still manage to lose 2-4pounds each week.
So it works :clap:

Your body is comprised of skin, fat, lean mass, organs etc etc. Most of us just plan on losing mainly fat. If you are planning on losing weight from other areas, that it entirely up to you. Not usually recommended though.

I've never gone under 500 cals but agree about the body going in to starvation mode isn't 100 % true. Reminds of the man who didn't eat for a year (while under supervision) and lost weight,obviously.
We out too much focus on eating 3 meals a day and healthy snacks. Most people don't need that much food anymore.

I've never gone under 500 cals but agree about the body going in to starvation mode isn't 100 % true. Reminds of the man who didn't eat for a year (while under supervision) and lost weight,obviously.

Exactly what I was saying. You lose weight. But weight from where?
We know more about these things now.

As far as I know, there are no details out there about how much fat he lost.

AND...she says, getting more aggrevated by the minute:mad:...I wonder if any of you people who feel that losing weight is more important than staying safe, have heard of the Last Chance Diet??????

Well...it was a very low calorie. Sadly people died on it....but hey ho...bet the lost some weight first....so who cares.:rolleyes:

If you are going to do a VLCD...do a researched on. One that is proven to be safe! and if you can't do that, for whatever reason, find another healthy way. There's hundreds of safe ways to lose weight out there.

I absolutely agree with KD.
People are too obsessed with WEIGHT and the evils associated with it and want to get rid of it as quickly as possible. However, if the fastest route to your house was to jump a ravine rather than go the long way around to the bridge, would you jump the ravine?? ... No, you wouldn't.
Come on, lets be SENSIBLE. Yes, being over weight is a huge burden, it's terrible, it feels bad. But by jumping into something that most probably isn't safe to get rid of the problem as quickly as possible isn't SOLVING the problem. Like KD said: You need to assess the root of the issue.
Yes it may take longer, but at least you'll learn from the experience, and you will be doing it SAFELY as you go along. Do you really want to screw your bodies up just for a quick fix? ...because in my experience quick fixes never lead to anything good.

AND...she says, getting more aggrevated by the minute:mad:...I wonder if any of you people who feel that losing weight is more important than staying safe, have heard of the Last Chance Diet??????

Well...it was a very low calorie. Sadly people died on it....but hey ho...bet the lost some weight first....so who cares.:rolleyes:

If you are going to do a VLCD...do a researched on. One that is proven to be safe! and if you can't do that, for whatever reason, find another healthy way. There's hundreds of safe ways to lose weight out there.

You'd have to be stupid to be on a diet so low in calories that you die. To me ,a low calorie diet isn't starving yourself so much that you end up in a box. If I advocated or followed such a diet i'd hardly be a member MiniMins

I'm calm now ;) My friend tells me my problem is that I care too much :eek:

You'd have to be stupid to be on a diet so low in calories that you die. To me ,a low calorie diet isn't starving yourself so much that you end up in a box. If I advocated or followed such a diet i'd hardly be a member MiniMins

But you know that in one message you said
My diet was low calorie but it is now low carb too. To be honest I am finding it a pain as I can't find suitable foods so just end up eating yoghurt , veg and water
Did you realise that is probably lower than the Last Chance diet :(

I think that people feel if lowering calories helps you lose weight, lower them even more and you'll lose even more. It doesn't work like that though, not when we get to calories under 1000-1100 :(

At those levels, unless the reduced calories have the correct balance of micronutrients, people end up losing lean mass...muscle etc. And of course the heart is a muscle. Add exercise which I think you are doing? and the metabolic rate goes down even further.

Of course, ketosis probably happens which will reduce hunger. Then they say they can't eat any more...they are following their hunger signals...

I might come over as harsh, but I'm a real softie really :eek: I just want everyone to stay well in their pursuit to get to goal :cry:

ive just started a similar diet, its going well im on my 4th day nearly 5th, it is hard work, i guess its the first week thats the hardest. im nearly there. eating just a cup a soup a day.

ive just started a similar diet, its going well im on my 4th day nearly 5th, it is hard work, i guess its the first week thats the hardest. im nearly there. eating just a cup a soup a day.

Hi and welcome to Minimins :wavey:

Not sure if you have read the rest of this thread? Basically your plan sounds incredibly unsafe, and liable to do you physical harm. Have you consulted your dr at all?

Shutup-1.gif

Oh. My. Good. God.

Some people don't want help. They want to get sick.

guys cupasoups are not nutritionally balanced! i know some of the more structured diets (lt/cd) are more expensive but you will probably similar results in terms of weight loss and you will be safe knowing your getting a balance of nutrients! think about it logically, how long can u sustain urself on a cupasoup a day? how long before ur weak/ill/fainting/low energy? this is an awful idea, it is far too extreme!
you want to improve your physical well being not damage it! keep that in mind! ur health is worth investing in and monitoring! please think about it!xx

I'm fairly new to this forum and came across this post. I was just curious to those who are eating 500 calories, how are you guys making it during the day? You burn more than 500 calories sleeping, are you gusy taking any supplments or have headaches or anything? I"m really not here to judge any of you all but I was just curious I couldn't and wouldn' do it because of the health risks but not only that I would think I would gain the weight back quick and soon.
sorry for the big fonts I have to adjust my profile and ecc..

Morenachica... Mmm... this may very well be 500 calories per day, but it is 100% Nutritionally balanced. The foodpacks we get give us everything our body needs in the way of vitamins, nutrients, essential acids, carbs... It is 100% safe otherwise do you really think companies like LighterLife or Cambridge Diet Plan be on the market at all?
While I do agree that 500 calories per day is a very small amount, but the results are undeniable. You can't honestly compare it to someone eating 1 cup-soup per day, or even people following their own very low calorie diet plans when they don't know how to make sure that their body is getting everything it needs to function.

:)

Minerva you do got a point and at least your are getting the nutrients and vitamins that you need and CD and the other diet plans wouldn't be around. I would never eat 500 calories made up by me I would definitely go on a diet plan like CD.

When you first started did you have headaches and when did they stop? But for sure you can't workout or do exercising. by the way congrats on your weight lost you are doing great

Back