Yoghurt!

clairegoodall

I know that everyone on this forum is obsessed with yoghurt, so I thought I would join in....
Are the weight watchers yoghurts ok? They have less carb/kcal etc than muller lights. I am getting a little bored with vanilla and toffee MLs!!!!

If they have any actual fruit or juice or sugar in then they are not suitable; sorry I don't know what's in them. I think Anja might use the smooth lemon, toffee and vanilla ones.

i have heard WW vanilla and toffee are ok (hope so as i have bought some today from co op as they are hard to find & they are buy 1 get 1 free at the mo)

Not sure, I think anything without added sugar or fruit puree is okay from what I can gather.

Cox - here I think we usually say WW yoghurts are NOT ok because of their sugar content. Can you show a nutritional link to the specific ones you've been using? You're a newbie I think, although I recognise your pseudo so perhaps you're a returning oldie?!

I googled to see the latest ideas on yoghurts, and found this confirming what has been said on the UK official site chat, which confirms what I thought.
Weight Watchers Yoghurt

In any event, fruit bits would make them tolerated, so not ok for attack and to use only if desperate otherwise. See how you get on with them and if your weight loss is good, fine. Once however
it slows, that should be the first thing to go...

Thank you am oldie that fell off wagon but back on I decided to start attack again this 3 and final day then on to cruise my partner doing it aswell he finding it really hard as craving sweets and cookies will keep away from ww yoghurts I was told allowed when first joined I just ordered some flavourings so can just keep to natural yog x

Cox - here I think we usually say WW yoghurts are NOT ok because of their sugar content. Can you show a nutritional link to the specific ones you've been using? You're a newbie I think, although I recognise your pseudo so perhaps you're a returning oldie?!

I googled to see the latest ideas on yoghurts, and found this confirming what has been said on the UK official site chat, which confirms what I thought.
Weight Watchers Yoghurt

In any event, fruit bits would make them tolerated, so not ok for attack and to use only if desperate otherwise. See how you get on with them and if your weight loss is good, fine. Once however
it slows, that should be the first thing to go...

Jo, I thought that it was okay for us to eat the WW toffee and vanilla yoghurts and the citrus varieties without fruit bits (lemon and lemon & lime)?

There is more protein, less carb and less fat in the WW toffee and vanilla than in the equivalent amount of the same Mullerlight flavour yoghurts:
Toffee & Vanilla Yogurts - WeightWatchers
Müller | Welcome to Shropshire the UK home Müller Dairy

Unfortunately, the ingredients lists for the various citrus flavours are grouped together into one so they don't give an accurate indication for each one:
Citrus Yogurts - WeightWatchers

Obviously, I know that the best choice is to buy plain fat-free yoghurt and flavour it yourself, but it would seem odd to be allowed Mullerlight toffee and vanilla but not WW. (Mind you, with Dr D's varying and conflicting decrees, it's hard to know what to choose! :eek:)

I presumed that, because the OP was bored of Muller vanilla and toffee yoghurts, she wanted different flavours and wouldn't simply switch to WW vanilla and toffee... (what would be the point?!!).

I've just googled the WW lemon, lime etc ones, see here:
Weight Watchers Citrus Fruit Yogurt 4 X 120g product information - Tesco.com

For info, the French ones he approves of are, for 125ml:
Calories : 52 kCal
Protein : 5.7 g
Lipides : 0 g
Carbs : 5.8 g

Interestingly, they don't mention sugar! hmm...

If people get away with eating plenty of yoghurt and lose weight, great! I know I don't!

The problem people have raised with the WW citrus flavours are

a.) The added citric acid, which stalls quite a few people.

b.) WW do not reveal how much of the sugar in the total is fructose and how much is lactose - but the mention of "Fructose syrup" rings alarm bells.

As always - best option is to but unflavoured and add splenda and a few drops of flavouring.

I presumed that, because the OP was bored of Muller vanilla and toffee yoghurts, she wanted different flavours and wouldn't simply switch to WW vanilla and toffee... (what would be the point?!!).

I've just googled the WW lemon, lime etc ones, see here:
Weight Watchers Citrus Fruit Yogurt 4 X 120g product information - Tesco.com

For info, the French ones he approves of are, for 125ml:
Calories : 52 kCal
Protein : 5.7 g
Lipides : 0 g
Carbs : 5.8 g

Interestingly, they don't mention sugar! hmm...

If people get away with eating plenty of yoghurt and lose weight, great! I know I don't!

Sorry, Jo, I thought that you meant all WW yoghurts when you said that they weren't okay, or that newbies might take it that way. I was also referring to coxnicole's posts

It is annoying that WW don't give a proper individual breakdown on their site for all of their citrus fruit yoghurts. I know that the orange & nectarine and the pink grapefruit ones both include bits of fruit, so I donate those ones to my husband.

Last edited:
I only get ww toffee and vanilla when they were on toffee as cheaper then muller but now ordered couple favours will just be using natural yog once they arrive x

Indeed - the offers in supermarkets differ, and WW toffee/vanilla were 4x yoghurts for £1, which was a good buy. that was the main reason I initially asked the question!

My OH eats yogs with bits of fruit in attack and loses! But he's a man, and they seemingly can take more leeway than us ladies!!

I used the ww citrus ones often, the bad one is the nectarine and something flavour due to the fruit bits, so if you have someone else to eat that one its better.

They are good when you need something ready done but flavouring natural stuff is better.

Wouldnt have then if youre having other tolerateds though.

Yeah I think that's probably why I banished fruit pieces in yoghurts from my mind cos I don't have tolerateds during the week, and prefer to use "something else" (let's say!) at the weekend!

Ohh I've come to this too late:

As far as I know (and what I've done all along) is that the WW toffee and vanilla are okay (as per official site) and I had those, probably more so than the ML. As I have followed the 'no fruit' rule all the way I did not buy /eat any fruit yoghurts during attack or cruise.

From yesterday's official chat:

bernieneeson : Can you confirm if it is ok to have Muller light non-fat yohurts, e.g. vanilla flavoured? Also can you eat chicken that is marinated
sonja : Hi Bernie! Fat free flavoured yogurts mustn't contain any added sugar and I'm pretty sure that Muller light has got some so it's not allowed on your diet I'm sorry. You can have one or two but no more per week as a tolerated only but be careful to avoid them in case of stagnation. For marinated chicken if you marinate it with a little drop of olive oil and some water and then remove the marinade before cooking it then that's fine you can have it (without the skin of course) Enjoy!

Well-spotted! Wohoo we've come full circle - from No to Yes back to No.... Not only have they become tolerated items, now they are 2 per week....

You have to laugh!!! Myself if I as eating them and losing, I would carry on! Fortunately I don't really like them - although it would be nice to have something tangible to blame my slow losses on :)

Back