You Can weigh the same but be different..

As I mentioned on the other stickie by accident:

Just popping on here thaaat I think I may have offically dropped a cup size! I need to get re-measured buuut my old bras were too big but my smaller ones I bulged out of... I now fit perfectly!!

I think I am about to achieve the most wicked NSV!

I am bagging up all my big clothes and I am giving them all on to my sister, knowing full well they may be too small :)

Oh please ladies, don't JUDDDge me too harshly :D

Hahaha easterly love ;)

Edit ^^^ bahahahaaa I meant sisterly ;) gotta get through Christmas first, cheeky phone wanting Easter!

Last edited:
2012willdoit said:
I think I am about to achieve the most wicked NSV!

I am bagging up all my big clothes and I am giving them all on to my sister, knowing full well they may be too small :)

Oh please ladies, don't JUDDDge me too harshly :D

Hahahahaha, naughty but nice! ;)

P x

when I feel a bit down, I dig out an old big dress and when its still hanging off me I remember how well ive done so far!

Over the last week (yes week) I've noticed my size 16 jeans have become really loose! Had been trying on my wardrobe full of size 14s, several weeks ago I couldnt get them round my thighs, yesterday i managed to get them up and shut them, although they are tight and have the dreaded muffin top in them. I couldnt shut them a week ago but did get them up!
Its a strange diet because the inch loss takes you by suprise.

Its a strange diet because the inch loss takes you by suprise

Ireally can't stress this enough,hopefully if we all post our NSV here the message will finally get through to those that think its not working because of what the scales say :rolleyes:
Well done on your NSV celebrate them they are important xx

I'll join in.... I bought some new jeans from Next last week, Next Jeans never fit me. They fit like a glove :) Actually, they were even a little easier to do up today than they were last weekend! I put them on this morning and my husband told me that he can see that I'm shrinking in general all over.

My nsv today is that although I have only lost 11lbs and I need to lose a LOT, my size 18 jeans are falling off me when I walk!! Its literally a bit of a pain in the a*se tho as I keep having to yank them up!! Also I put a pic of me at a do I went to on facebook and the amount of people that said 'havent you lost weight?'...happy Jacci time I think!! x

Isn't it a great feeling when the weight is visibly dropping even if the scales havent caught up yet, although 11lbs is a fab amount x

This is amazing stuff. I've done two dd so far, so just starting out. I've not weighed myself yet, was going to this weekend, but now I think I might stay off the scales completely and just dig out a tape measure. I know that once I'm on the scales once I'm on and off all the time, which really doesn't help me.

I don't even know how to explain this properly but I keep catching sight of myself in the mirror and my whole body looks different! I've been every weight from 10st 4lb to 16st 10lb (11st13lb now) and I've just never seen myself looking like this before.

It's like I'm more toned, I've just got a better shape like my legs look better and I don't just mean the physical size of them but it's like they're more shapely or something?

It's weird but I love it!

Wondering if you've been doing more exercise as well, as that can really make a difference to your shape - especially strength training.

My NSV's include: sitting next to DH on the tram and not hanging out into the aisle; being able to zip up size 18's; looking like an ordinary person who happens to be a bit overweight, rather than someone who, the first time you meet me, what you would notice first and remember most is my size.

Barbara

Wore a pair of size 18 trousers today instead of size 22...admittedly they got rather baggy but I deliberately bought the same trousers,same style from the same shop...just 2 sizes smaller and they now fit!! Yay!!

Hmm, I was just thinking... I wonder if someone can experience the complete opposite. What I mean is, their scales are going down but their measurements aren't. I say that because I've been measuring my stomach every 2-3 days since starting and it hasn't budged, well some days it might be down half a cm but mostly the same as when I first started. Maybe I'm just being typical old me and expecting too much having only been doing JUDDD 3 weeks. Or maybe it's because TOTM was due (started today)... but saying that I'm not sure if that would also effect my calf, thigh and hip measurements because they don't seem to have gone down either :giggle:. Anyway I've decided not to go near my measuring tape until I've completed 4 weeks on JUDDD and hopefully I'll see I have shrunk a little by then.

There was a thread on here somewhere about how fat cells, once the fat is gone, may store water for a while till they are sure they are not needed. So the bulk and the weight stay for a bit. Then finally the water goes too and there is a big drop. Maybe you're heading for that?
(hope I got the sciencey bit right!)

Wondering if you've been doing more exercise as well, as that can really make a difference to your shape - especially strength training.

I do run, but have done for almost 2 years now and if I'm honest I've probably been doing a bit less since starting JUDDD. No other exercise though, even when I used to be at the gym 8 hours a week I didn't notice this effect. It might be all in my head! Either way I feel great and that's what matters hey?

Well done on your NSV they're fab :)

Hmm, I was just thinking... I wonder if someone can experience the complete opposite. What I mean is, their scales are going down but their measurements aren't. I say that because I've been measuring my stomach every 2-3 days since starting and it hasn't budged, well some days it might be down half a cm but mostly the same as when I first started. Maybe I'm just being typical old me and expecting too much having only been doing JUDDD 3 weeks. Or maybe it's because TOTM was due (started today)... but saying that I'm not sure if that would also effect my calf, thigh and hip measurements because they don't seem to have gone down either :giggle:. Anyway I've decided not to go near my measuring tape until I've completed 4 weeks on JUDDD and hopefully I'll see I have shrunk a little by then.

I think maybe wait a few weeks until measuring again hun, I'm sure it will happen for you.

There was a thread on here somewhere about how fat cells, once the fat is gone, may store water for a while till they are sure they are not needed. So the bulk and the weight stay for a bit. Then finally the water goes too and there is a big drop. Maybe you're heading for that?
(hope I got the sciencey bit right!)

I've heard that too! It would made sense as to why you can be going along losing a steady 1-2lb and then one week just lose 4 or 5 without really doing anything different.

X

Back