You people need to make: Magic Oaty Pancakes

Mine were a bit crap shapewise, I managed to get a couple of good round ones but the rest of them went a bit mushlike. I think I did them too thick as they were really hard to flip. Maybe use another egg next time. I also need better non-stick pans. But they tasted wonderful. Nicely sweet so I wasn't even bothered about having no sugar/honey/syrup on them (not much of a sweet tooth anyway) and just had mine with lemon juice and fruit. Will try again when I'm not trying to make so many at a time (was making for me and my parents and trying to get them all done together), maybe get some more cookie cutters (only had one, lol), better pans and improve on the texture. Lovely taste though.

I had these tonight with syn free lemon curd and blueberries, absolutely delicious! Made 7 and couldn't eat them all so taking the rest to work in the morning for breakfast... Yummy, yummy, yummy all the way.
Hubby liked them too, better than the normal pancakes I made for him and the kids.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Loopeylou said:
We all had these tonight, mine had muller cherry bottom 1.5 syns mixed in YUM abd the boys had Choc options and far fre natural yogurt .... Both were so good.
Here's mine

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yours look way more professional than mine lol. I made them small so I wouldn't break them trying to flip them! Didnt have cookie cutter so all random shapes too! X

icklerockchick said:
Yours look way more professional than mine lol. I made them small so I wouldn't break them trying to flip them! Didnt have cookie cutter so all random shapes too! X

I've made them 3 times over last few weeks and tonight was def the best. My prev ones were not worthy of a photo lol
I found bigger and thicker easier to manage x

I've got a mixture for this in the fridge ready for breakfast. Is given up on pancake day alternatives so made a couscous cake....then found the recipe for these....so breakfast it is! Lol

My first attempt last night was ok but they tasted bit wierd in the middle, today made them bigger and thinner and tasted much better. Also used cherry yoghurt which thought might be wierd but they were really nice ate them all without even bothering making any topping! x

I made these with vanilla yoghurt last night and topped them with syn free lemon curd and blueberries, they were lovely! Couldn't eat them all so took the rest to work this morning for breakfast and they reheated fine in the microwave.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I've got a mixture for this in the fridge ready for breakfast. Is given up on pancake day alternatives so made a couscous cake....then found the recipe for these....so breakfast it is! Lol

You should probably know that the cous cous cake is not free - sw recommend synning the cous cous at the red day rate as you are using it as a flour substitute :(

So the GF just had these for breakfast and adores them she made them with vanilla muller light

IMAG0973.jpg

Im very inpatient and what these now lol whats the minimum amount of time you have to soak the oaks for please ?

Deffo trying these tommo !!! taa xx

Love love love these... If I've got the time I have them.... If not just magic porridge , loads of fruit... Yum yum yum!!!

I had britmumincanada's version of these today for lunch (very similar recipe, just with half a syn of baking powder and baking soda) and they were absolutely divine. Shared one portion with my boyfriend (the mixture made 6 pancakes so was plenty) and had them with maple syrup, bacon, veggie sausages, a fried egg and button mushrooms.

Tasted like an authentic American cafe brunch - I would totally recommend! A real treat :) Wouldn't have this too often though, as was a lot of food! I think if I was having these pancakes for brekkie I would halve the recipe and have with a small sliced banana and a drizzle of honey.

Glad you liked them :). I came up with my recipe almost a year ago now, as I was missing my proper pancakes with maple syrup (although had made a similar type pancake years ago for my son, which was what gave me the idea). They are a great treat and very quick to make.

I think I need to give these a go. Wouldn't have time to do them for breakfast, but could syn the oats and have for a dessert. Thanks for the recipe.

I just cant seem to make these im soo disappointed. They are either burnt on the bottom or soggy in the middle(putting them in the oven did not help). Im going for one last try any tips woud be much appericated :D

Back