You people need to make: Magic Oaty Pancakes

Hi, We have a taster evening tomorrow and have just prepared 3 sachets of oats so simple along with a pot of Onken (old style) vanilla fat free yoghurt - how many eggs should I use - hoping to make them thin so plenty to go around!

Guys sorry to butt in but majic porridge...does it get eaten straight from fridge if not using for pancakes? Not sure if raw oats sound nice?

You can eat it cold or warm it a bit in the microwave - but not too much or the yoghurt will split

i prefer not to soak the oats over night, i also use a small weight watchers yogurt and 1 egg, lol being greedy i can eat all my HEB for breakfast doing it this way.............i also tried using scan bran,but they turned out a bit dry so with the scan bran i am going to try 2 eggs next time. xxxx
ib lost 4lb this week and had them for breakfAST 4 times in the week!!

Made these yesterday with chocolate ready brek and a banana muller and they were gorgeous! I also had some mixture left over so thought id see what they'd be like as cakes and they were just as nice! X x

Made and did enjoy them thank you. Only problem was, perhaps I made them too thin, have re-read the thread and they need to be more like drop scones than a pancake.

Omg.... Just made these, 1 oats so simple, soaked in vanilla mullerlight over night mixed with 2 eggs and dsp of sweetner.... Yummy is all I can say, I made 6 pancakes (hubby nabbed one!!!) And enjoyed with 1.5 tbsp maple syrup (to be synned) a banana, kiwi and blueberries... DELICIOUS!!!! THANK YOU !!!

Sounds likes perhaps they were too thick Emma, so the inside wasn't getting a chance to cook properly. I've never had that happen when I've made them.

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)

1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)
1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)

Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.

Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.

Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)

Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.

Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.

This picture is mine.

14nllbp.jpg
:D

Genius! I will have an attempt before the big day (pancake day ;)) then make some topped lovingly with chocolate philly - w00t! :gimi:
x

Think I went wrong somewhere....mine had a scrambled egg texture in the middle...is this how they are meant to be? Put couple in oven as someone suggested and weren't quite so bad. Perhaps to thick?

I had britmumincanada's version of these today for lunch (very similar recipe, just with half a syn of baking powder and baking soda) and they were absolutely divine. Shared one portion with my boyfriend (the mixture made 6 pancakes so was plenty) and had them with maple syrup, bacon, veggie sausages, a fried egg and button mushrooms.

Tasted like an authentic American cafe brunch - I would totally recommend! A real treat :) Wouldn't have this too often though, as was a lot of food! I think if I was having these pancakes for brekkie I would halve the recipe and have with a small sliced banana and a drizzle of honey.

Gave them a go today - a bit sweet but really enjoyed them. I managed 6 as used 2 eggs. Had very low fat fromage frais & bannana on the side with a drizzle of maple syrup. Cant believe its all syn free except for maple syrup. Well done to whoever came up with this idea. xx
icon7.gif

First attempt today they were quite nice, first few were bit funny in the middle think mixture was a bit thick. Perhaps just need to play around with quantities, yoghurt I used was bit smaller than mullerlight and not as runny, only used one egg as it was XL eggs and about 5 tablespoons of sweetener. Still tasted good with choc phili on top :)

X

Back