You people need to make: Magic Oaty Pancakes

I just cant seem to make these im soo disappointed. They are either burnt on the bottom or soggy in the middle(putting them in the oven did not help). Im going for one last try any tips woud be much appericated :D

I'm the same! I burned the first and second one, the third one wouldn't turn, it just sort of did a concertina in the pan. In the end I threw it all in to try and make one giant pancake. Ended up making a big eggy, oaty scramble. It was still very nice taste wise but looked horrific! Hope you crack it next try! x

megandmog said:
Where can you get syn free lemon curd if you don't mind me asking?? I love lemon curd, and syn free would be fantastic!

If you search the recipe sub forum, the recipe will be in there :)

Sound delish, going to have these in the morning me thinks :)

I have been using Brit mums recipe for a long time. Absolutely gorgeous!

Have not read all the thread (but intend to) - they are particularly nice made with WW lemon yogurt which I think is free?

I have mine with golden syrup. 1T = 2 syns. Delish.

I've just made these this morning. I was impressed!! Topped mine with FF fromage frais, chopped banana an grapes with a syn of honey. Very filling indeed. Will def make these again but wait til the weekend so my OH can try.
Thanks for the recipe.

I'm going to try these

Well oats are in the fridge soaking I'll make them and store them in fridge and warm up for breakfast as I don't have time to be making them on a morning.

I've used oats and a vanilla muller light :)

Well I put the mixture in the fridge overnight and just cooked them for my breakfast and they were absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had mine with banana and 2 syns worth of maple syrup. Before I added the egg I tried the "magic porridge" as never done this before and thought that was yuk!!! but I thought i would go ahead and try them as pancakes and they really are lovely and SOOOO filling, I made 6, had 4 for breakfast and have 2 to have cold later. TRY THEM!!!!! Thank you to who invented these!!!!!!

Oh my god.....Ive just spotted this recipe!!!! Im so excited!!!! I want them for breakfast!!! Is it necessary to "soak" the oats in the yoghurt overnight??

Well I made the mixture last night.....I'm just waiting for my partner to get back from a run so that I can make a stack of pancakes for us both. I used lemon WW yoghurt but added a bit of sweetener to take away some of the tartness!! Verdict to come later!!

Ive obviously done something wrong, mine turned out horrendous!! They burnt on the bottom but weren't set enough to turn over, was my pan too hot?? I'm gutted!!

Oh no! I've been watching this thread to see how yours turned out :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back