You people need to make: Magic Oaty Pancakes

Made these again today they're so yummy. I am going to buy some choc philly and spread that on top next time instead of maple syprup:)

Wow...this sound amazing!! I always struggle to know what to make for breakfast so I can not wait to try this!! Thanks for posting this great idea

Wow this thread has been going a while took me ages to read through it. My yogurt and porridge is in the fridge waiting to be made into pancakes :) I think I'll have half for breakie with half a pot of choc philly and the other half with the rest of the choc philly for lunch, if they are as filling as people are claiming.

OMG I had these with choc philly today instead of my usual maple syprup and they were amazing I can't believe I can eat something so delicious and still be on plan:D :heartpump: slimming world.

Pickled Tink said:
Made these for the first time today - used a cherry yogurt then put in some almond essence - cherry bakewell pancakes! Nommorama, the whole family loved them :)

This sounds really nice never thought of doing it this way, maybe could recreate other cakes too:)

Made the magic pancakes (oatso simple version) this morning and YUM. I used oatso simple syrup (6.5syns), 150 plain yoghurt, 1/2 tbsp sweetener, 2 eggs and whisked all together with a hand blender until smooth. Once first side was cooked I turned them over in my wok and turned the gas down from 3/4 after 20 seconds or so to a 1/4 to ensure cooked through. Having again tomorrow and I am going to add some milk from my HEA to thin the batter down and make as a traditional thin pancake to see if they cook better/quicker. I served mine with bacon and maple syrup and only had 1 as the kids wanted them too....another SW favourite for the family. I love this site for all the great recipes, ideas and support, Thank you :D

Last edited:
Oh dear! thinning these down to make as a traditional pancake was a disaster, even tried cooking the other side under the grill.......FAIL! Like they say if it's not broke don't fix it :rolleyes:

Hey. I made these today. They were really yummy and a great substitute for proper pancakes. I have also made the other pancakes with just eggs I didn't think they hit the spot as well as these. Cheers for this recipe xx

I have to try these they look and sound amazing! Just put my mixture in the fridge ready for breakfast tomorrow :) I have a quick question, the only oats I had in were Oat Burst sachets, I've looked at the syn value and it says "made up as directed". Would the Syn value be less because I'm not making it in to porridge using semi-skimmed milk? Sorry I'm new to slimming world so I'm still a bit confused!

Well I made these today and to be honest imva little disappointed, there a very strange consistency and flavour, the resemble more of a porridge omelette then a pancake.

Just wondering, can you make these with natural yoghurt? I want to do pancakes, bacon and maple syrup on Sunday morning. I will syn the syrup of course but don't fancy using a sweet yoghurt.

Back