You'd have thought they would have noticed.

Just read this thread!! As those from further north than me would say " there`s nowt as queer as folk!!

Defo jealousy and sibling rivalry!! I suppose she always saw herself as the "little" sister!!

Almost makes me glad I don`t have a sister, just a brother. We`re totally chalk and cheese :D

Petty minded people who I imagine are like sticks and will probably end up old wizened looking ones too.

Pity them and feel sorry for them not having magnanamous natures to give credit where credits due.

A huge well done to you.

I had a friend like that. I was a size 10 and she was an 8. She would never give me compliments and used to comment on me being 'bigger'. I'm glad I got rid of her as a so called friend before I got this big.

It's one thing not commenting but another to then say nothing once its been pointed out. She sounds jealous or threatened to me. That would only spur me on more!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

WelshCake said:
I was slim for most of my life having a major op and being on steriods made me balloon so can maybe see it from a different point of view, I never used to compliment friends on weight loss either usually due to 2 reasons, firstly I thought if I said "oh you have lost weight" that also meant I was saying that they were fat in the first place, or in the case of another friend she was a constant yo-yo dieter and would lose 4 stone then gain 5 st, a year or so later she'd lost the 5st then gain 6st etc etc, so I didn't bother with her as it wore thin tbh, not saying I was right in either cases just giving a different point of view

As has been said before losing weight is done for yourself so stuff em and carry on the good work x

I think you've just solved something for me! I lost a lot of weight on LL 3 years ago and have slowly put it all back on and more. Am now loving sw and gradually losing weight whilst stil enjoying life and having an active social life. But. No one Barr my mum and dad are saying anything. Friends seem a bit embarrassed too and infact when we went out to dinner after weigh in the other evening 1 friend commented 'slimming world to the pub eh?' this prompted me to order a salad and a diet coke even though I had the syns for more! I was a little upset but thinking about it they saw me reach 10.5 stone a while back and have since watched me pile it back on so maybe your right! Why should they waste there breath! It has however made me more determined to not let this happen again!!! Fingers crossed I succeed this time!

I think you've just solved something for me! I lost a lot of weight on LL 3 years ago and have slowly put it all back on and more. Am now loving sw and gradually losing weight whilst stil enjoying life and having an active social life. But. No one Barr my mum and dad are saying anything. Friends seem a bit embarrassed too and infact when we went out to dinner after weigh in the other evening 1 friend commented 'slimming world to the pub eh?' this prompted me to order a salad and a diet coke even though I had the syns for more! I was a little upset but thinking about it they saw me reach 10.5 stone a while back and have since watched me pile it back on so maybe your right! Why should they waste there breath! It has however made me more determined to not let this happen again!!! Fingers crossed I succeed this time!

Too right the best satisfaction/compliment you can get is fitting into smaller clothes, ok we all know its nice for others to compliment too but its not a necessity :D

Yes - its about how you feel. Sibling rivalry and families can be really hard. I saw my Mum for the first time in 6 weeks last week and first she said how much weight my husband has lost (he tells everyone he is on a "diet" and that it has been "inflicted" on him - all he does is have same sw dinner as me but then follows it up with as much beer, wine, chocolate, puddings, crisps etc as he wants and eats whatever he likes for breakfast and lunch. Annoyingly he has actually lost weight.) Then she described how my (always effortlessly slim) sister had recently lost 2.5kg from food poisoning. Said absolutely nothing about me. Family - you gotta love em!!!

Am trying not to let it get me down..but yes its hard!

I love that your OH just came out with it :)! In a way he showed them up for not noticing, good on him & good on you for your amazing loss. For whatever reason they didn't mention & still wouldn't after it was brought up, who knows why, just keep going & at some point they'll be forced to acknowledge your incredible achievement, well done x

Thankyou all so much for your lovely replies, my sister did know I had a joined a slimming group, I mentioned it on the phone back in May. We have spoken on the phone since and she has never asked how I was doing, I never mentioned it either so I was quite looking forward to seeing them all. Hey ho, I should just walk it off and move on. I suppose it is a massive big deal to me, but I'm sure most people have more important things to worry about.
I know everyone on here knows well enough how difficult it can be at times, so ladies, I salute you and thank you for your support. xx

Back