Your Hobbies

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi guys

I'm sure this has probably been done before but I am curious and tbh I'm avoiding doing housework... also I want to ask because I need to find something to do and I've no idea what. So, what are your hobbies? Mine are buying overpriced makeup and playing The Sims lol pretty boring so you can see why I need ideas. Hope you guys have better hobbies than that! :D

xxx

Well not a lot at the moment due to the amount of studying I have got but I really like doing cross stitch as it keeps my mind busy and my hands occupied so i dont go rummaging for food!

Hehe cunning! Keeping my mind off of food is really why I want to start a hobby. Most things seem so expensive to do tho.

I adore growing plants/veg from seed. And I shall cover 2 chairs with a tapestry of my choice.

I hand paint glasses, and am learning Italian and enjoy pottering in the garden! Also love reading and cooking too! xx

when not reading text books and I have the mental energy I research my family tree, otherwise Cross-Stitch. Have a stained glass orchid on the go at the mo, need to get on with it come to think of it.

I make lampwork glass beads! Which I just LOVE.. even though initially my boyfriend was convinced I was going to send the house up in a puff of smoke.

You can see some of my stuff here: Alchemy Lampwork by helbels on Etsy

But here's a couple of piccies to whet your appetite:
011-3.jpg
006-7.jpg

Helen x

I make lampwork glass beads! Which I just LOVE.. even though initially my boyfriend was convinced I was going to send the house up in a puff of smoke.

You can see some of my stuff here: Alchemy Lampwork by helbels on Etsy

But here's a couple of piccies to whet your appetite:
011-3.jpg
006-7.jpg

Helen x

They are gorgeous hun! Just popping over to Etsy now... xx

Thanks for the kind comment x

I would love to start gardening but I don't have a garden! Maybe I'll go down to the charity shop and get some books I haven't read. Happy Holidays I tried to learn Spanish years ago its not easy lol would also love to do card making but it looks expensive!!

Helen those beads are lovely! :)

I make cards from bits and pieces and also use coloured beeswax,encaustic art, to make pictures and cards. I buy old picture frames and use paint techniques on them to compliment the wax picture i have made. Cross stitch also and growing plants from seeds.
It does go in phases though and at the moment the flavour of the month is nothing as i am so busy selling everything up
Helen your work is wonderful, so creative. I love ti!!

I don't know whether they still do it but you used to be able to go onto the BBC website and they had language learning packages ie FREE :p I tried Mandarin but it was really hard.

OOh great thread!

I grow my own veg in the garden and greenhouse, a very busy time just now but so rewarding!

I make cards, do cross stitch and knit when time permits. I have lots of projects on the go!

I also do geocaching, it's fun and gets us outdoors too. Love it!!

Well I am studying alot but when I do have free time I like to make jewellery and play the sims. Oh and paint!

I foster for the RSPCA, fostering the rabbits my local branch, with another lady. That is a full on job study or no study. I also home check for the RSPCA and micro chip!

Back