Your opinion would be gratefully appreciated please :)

[FONT=&quot]This has absolutely nothing to do with LT or any other diet for that matter but I wanted to know your opinion on the matter as I don't know what to do and I am in a bit of a frazzle.

Right as everyone mostly knows that i am getting married in a few weeks time and our invitations has been out a few weeks ago as well. In our invitations we included the usual accommodation lists and directions as well. As the wedding is back home in Ireland, we have invited quite a few from all over UK as we have a lot of family and friends here and some of the other parts of the world as well as the fella is from Pakistan originally. Anyways one of the guests from England contacted us regarding the invitation and was upset to say the least that we didn’t arrange for their flights, accommodation, food expenses and that we are supposed to bear all costs of out of town attendants that are coming to the wedding. This has now left us a bit shell-shocked as I am not aware of any such happenings. Like 8 years ago I went to America to a wedding and paid my own way, accomodation and every other cost that was incurred so I was a bit surprised when this was mentioned. Can anyone else shine any light on this matter or would you like to share your opinions please? Its not a case that we are mean but the cost of the wedding at the moment is extortionate rather than adding more expenses on top although we don’t want anyone to think badly of us as they are obviously very upset and we never intended this to happen! [/FONT]

r u mad! as if in this day and age u cud afford to pay for the world and his wife to attend YOUR special day!! i suppose ur dad is single handedly payin 4 the weddin 2 as ur dowry??

no im sorry hun if they are priveledged 2 get an invite they can fork out 4 a hotel, its ur day xxxx

Hi, I've been to a few weddings, none in England and have had to travel abroad to all of them.. Never ever is it a case where you have to pay for guests.. They must be having a laugh... Honestly dont believe a word of that.. send invite, give details.. thats all!

[FONT=&quot]Anyways one of the guests from England contacted us regarding the invitation and was upset to say the least that we didn’t arrange for their flights, accommodation, food expenses and that we are supposed to bear all costs of out of town attendants that are coming to the wedding. [/FONT]

It's not your responsibility to cover all those costs. If they don't want to pay it, then they don't have to go!

I think it's pretty rude for them to complain!

I am stunned by how rude they are! Do they think that money grows on trees. Weddings are expensive enough and they should be priveledged that they have been invited to share in your special day. I dont really know what else to say. There is no way you should feel responsible for arranging everything for them and other guests travelling. Your wedding day is only about you and your partner and your guests are lucky to be invited. I have never heard of people assuming this before; its a ludicrous assumption and highly bad mannered. I think you should contact them and politely explain that you do not have the money to pay for this for all your guests that have to travel, and that you hope they can attend but they will have to sort their travel arrangements and expenses themselves.
I personally would tell them to sod off for being so cheeky, but I know its difficult when it comes to family and friends.

heya

Before i comment was it a friend guest or family?

Not that it should matter i think their taking the piss either way, You have enough to pay out, its your special day, tell them not to bother, and no not everyone you have invited is saying the same thing. They all are glad to attend such a special event and paying for flights and hotel room would be part of the nice experiance, they should make the most of it.
Dont let this bother you, just rearrange the seating plan and shove them right next door to the bins or kitchen door so they are in the way, make the waiters fill their galsses last, serve them dinner last, put them at back of the church, then go and ask are they enjoying them selves cheeky gits.

this definitely is not your responsibility!
The only time I have heard of this happening is when people have destination weddings... and even then they would only pay for their very close family and friends (those who cannot afford it... but thats at their own discretion) at the end of the day if your gonna have a destination wedding in Maldives.. not everyone will be able to afford the expenses. But no one should EXPECT YOU to!

Nobody can surely expect you to pay for all of those things. that is ridiculous. Alot of people have asked me if I am going to provide transport for them to go to london for my walimah ceremony.. and I was like the hell I am.. get your own ass there if you wanna be there!

Whoever said that to you is so damn cheeky. Your weddings costing you enough as it is!!! DONT DO IT! and dont feel guilty about it!

heya

Before i comment was it a friend guest or family?

Not that it should matter i think their taking the piss either way, You have enough to pay out, its your special day, tell them not to bother, and no not everyone you have invited is saying the same thing. They all are glad to attend such a special event and paying for flights and hotel room would be part of the nice experiance, they should make the most of it.
Dont let this bother you, just rearrange the seating plan and shove them right next door to the bins or kitchen door so they are in the way, make the waiters fill their galsses last, serve them dinner last, put them at back of the church, then go and ask are they enjoying them selves cheeky gits.

hahahah!! Brilliant

Thats a joke!! she sounds like a stuck up b***h

My sister is getting married on the first of may to a guy from england and they are having the wedding over here and everyone coming is paying for their own flights etc!!!

UNBELIEVABLE! I can't believe some people think like this in this day and age. They should feel privileged that you have invited them and any costs involved are their own. I have never heard of guests having everything paid for them. Bloody cheek!

Made me quite mad reading that. How dare they!

No need to feel guilt of any kind as it is not up to you to pay for them. If they want to go, they go and pay their own way. If it's too expensive for them then unfortunately they don't go.

Have a great day and don't let idiots like this ruin it for you. What a cheek!

What a load of b******s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying it on or what??? Hope they refuse so you can save the cost of their food etc. Cheeky sods .... can't believe it ......... ** chunner chunner chunner chunner **........ HUH!!!!!

Ive recently been to a wedding im America for a very close family member, I paid my way and never even thought it should be their responcibility, and ive got my brothers coming up in Ireland and he offered to pay for our hotel but I told him no, it costs enough to get married without extra costs like that, they are being exteamly cheeky, dont worry about them and just look forward to your special day!!

Hi,
We got married in America as I wanted a really quiet wedding with just us, not even family. :heartpump:

A few friend assumed they would be invited too and booked to come along as well!!
I was a bit peed off to begin with but in the end was really glad they made the effort. At least they did not ask for us to pay towards the trip and in fact secretly paid for us to up grade our accomodation....so were truly good friends in the end.

Tell them to pay for it themselves, and that their wedding present had better cost over £1000 or they wont be fed, see if they like that, its the same principle!

Wow...I am stunned by some peoples mentality!! I can't beleive they would have the cheek to even ask you that? It total rubbish hun, and you are NOT expected to pay for anything other than immediate things like meals etc. Uninvite them..the selfish *******!!

Its YOUR day....not theirs xxx

When my best friend got married, I didn't expect her to pay for my tickets up to Scotland. I wanted to go to her Wedding so made the effort myself. I even bought my own Bridesmaid dress, some people scoffed at that and said that she should have bought it, but why should she? I was happy enough to buy my own dress within in my own budget and I felt lovely on the day. Pics are on my Facebook! lol! Also...not just that, but she was heavily pregnant and all the money she had was going on saving for the baby. I wasn't offended at all but that's just me. Your friend is bang out of order for complaining about YOUR day. Would he even be coming over if it wasn't for the wedding?
Rudeness I tell's ya!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i would not expect my travel and stay to be paid for by the people who asked me to be their wedding. The person who asked you to pay for all that are just rude.

what a cheek! I would never expect to be paid to be a guest at a wedding, if they cannot afford it then they should decline the invitation! It's outragous to expect you to pay!

Don't worry too much its your day and you make sure you enjoy it, they are completely in the wrong!!

Back