Your Playing Small Does Not Serve The World

Diva

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
This is one of my absolute favourite poems. It was written by Marianne Williamson and formed part of Nelson Mandela's inaugural speech when he became President of South Africa.

As you read it, really take in her message. If you are currently "playing small" it is time to STEP UP if only for the greater good of the rest of the world!

Your Playing Small does not Serve the World

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure

It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are you not to be?
You are a child of God

Your playing small does not serve the world
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won’t feel insecure around you
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us

It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone
And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give
other people the right to do the same
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence
automatically liberates others.

Reactions: DQ
Glad to hear it.....I often wonder whether you still have it. We must never forget to live the words, hun...:)

Wow that's fantastic. I'm going to print it off and stick it on my kitchen door with all my doggie poems :)

Diva said:
Glad to hear it.....I often wonder whether you still have it. We must never forget to live the words, hun...:)

Right in front of me as we speak - reminds me of you honey! ;)

You say the sweetest things to me, hun....love ya lots...xxx

I don't think I am in the right place to actually appreciate this peom just yet but I'm sure I'll get there in time :)

I don't think I am in the right place to actually appreciate this peom just yet but I'm sure I'll get there in time :)

The first time I saw it, I thought the same thing. But Diva has a habit of making me really look into myself, and I have it in front of me by the computer. On a good day, I nod in agreement - on a bad day it reminds me why I'm trying so hard :D It'll happen honey :)

You're right.

One thing this forum has taught me is to look out for the insights of those that are a bit further along the path you want to tread, it really helps with your journey :D

The best thing about this forum is that so many people are at different stages - it reminds us that losing the weight is just one part of it, there is life at the end of it and so much to learn. I love coming here every day and feel that I learn something new, valid, interesting and life-enhancing.

Back