Your reasons for losing weight??

1. to be a good example to my kids and actually have the interest to do things with them

2. to look good and feel good about myself

3. to have another baby in 2013

4. found out this year there is a risk of heart disease in my family and I don't want to end up having a heart attack

5. most of all because I am sick of my weight dictating my life and holding me back.

1. So I can look in a mirror and not feel repulsed by what I see.
2. So I can wear nice clothes instead of sacks.
3. To be a better example for my kids.
4. Because I like who I am so much more when I have my weight under control, and I think I'm much more personable when I'm not depressed about my weight.

My main reason is concern that my weight could cause me health problems in future. I was told last year that I was borderline obese with a bmi of 28. But I still find it hard to stick to a diet, thinking of joining a slimming club this year in the hope that a regular weigh-in will motivate me to show a bit of a self-control!
I am now 4lb heavier than I was when I was told to lose weight last year.

Great thread!

My reasons are:

1. To be able to wear jeans again (instead of leggings, which I live in :cry:)
2. To stop my back from aching
3. To be able to have a brisk walk without getting breathless
4. To 'see' my face again (currently surrounded by too much fat)
5. To not feel ashamed about eating in public/going out for a meal
6. To feel more attractive

So real gut renching reasons because since reading them all I reckon I could probably double my list - not to be over critical of myself however I think realising how weight controls so many aspects and emotions in life is such a great eye opener!!!

I for one hate eating in public especially seeing as my husband is like a 30 inch waist and eats like a horse but people always assume I'm the pig :-(

I think it's important to look back and read our reasons it keeps us focused and reminds us why we are on this journey

Xxxx

Faxman said:
My main reason is concern that my weight could cause me health problems in future. I was told last year that I was borderline obese with a bmi of 28. But I still find it hard to stick to a diet, thinking of joining a slimming club this year in the hope that a regular weigh-in will motivate me to show a bit of a self-control!
I am now 4lb heavier than I was when I was told to lose weight last year.

Faxman were all here to support ya babe .... You just shout and look around get some ideas on what you feel like following etc but remember simple changes and a bit of extra exercise effort is all it takes so you don't feel massively restricted

I started out at 16.13 bak in September , I'm currently 15 stone and idont follow anydiet, I just eat healthy and stick to exercise

Xxx good luck babe

Just stumbled accross this thread and thought I would give my two cents;
1) So that I don't feel out of breath just walking up a flight of stairs
2) So that the top of my legs don't rub together when I walk - I hate the sound :(
3) So that I can walk into a shop and pick something up, not worrying if it fits.
4) So that my belly doesn't hang over the top of my jeans
5) So that I don't feel I need to hide the tops of my arms under cardigans, even in the summer
6) So that on a night out, I can walk past a group of people knowing that they aren't laughing at me
7) So that when I go to the fair, I don't worry that the bar won't go down on the rides
8) So that I can wear stiletto heels again without feeling that they are going to snap under the weight of me
9) So that I can take a picture of myself and not have to check it instantly to make sure I look okay
10) To believe people when they pay me a compliment.

Wow, this sounds rather depressing!! My life isn't that bad, honest!

I think it's important to look back and read our reasons it keeps us focused and reminds us why we are on this journey

Xxxx

So true - it's great to have it here in black and white to look back on in times of weakness (i.e. when my tummy's rumbling!)

Wow, Laura you have lost 2 stone without following a diet. That is fantastic, maybe I will try and do likewise!
Do you do loads and loads of exercise?

No not loads and loads buy I notice if I don't do exercise I will only lose 1 lb a week and sometimes none and just maintain.... But my diet was pretty shocking before I realise now just how bad it was.... I would live on full fat coke and eat whatever I liked, so Ive cut allot of that day to day crap out and just have a treat every so often like once a week.... And my biggest thing was defo my portion size at dinner.... I would eat at 7.30 and eat like a portion that 2 men could be satisfied on so now I eat at 5.30/6 and eat a portion which is normal and if I ever feel full during my meal I instantly stop and leave the rest where as before I would eat to the point my stomach would be so painful I didn't Wana move.

Exercise realistically whilst I'm at work and on a good week I do on average 4/5 hours a week however some weeks like Xmas for instance Ive been off and barely done any but then my weight has STS since ....

Just give it a go.... Right a list just 5 things That this mo th you would like to focus on... Think about your diet , possibly something you over indulge in that you could cut out, look at portion sizes and think about exercise..... Make them manageable so your more likely to stick to them and then make a conscious effort to minimise these over indulgences and maximise your exercise efforts

Let me know if you want a few tips ... Private message me xx

Thanks, Laura. It looks like I can't send you a private message because I haven't posted on the site 50 times yet. Like the idea about a list of 5 things to change so here goes -
1) Cut down on alcohol - Only going to drink once a week, or twice if there is a special occasion.
2) Increase exercise - At the moment I go to the gym once a week for an hour, so am going to increase it to twice a week and take up running.
3) I usually have a takeaway about once every ten days, going to try and make it once a month.
4) Going to try and not eat things that have little nutritional value and are bad for me - e.g crisps, chocolate and snack on fruit, nuts etc instead
5) Try and maintain a positive outlook and not give up if I have a bad day now and again.
What do you reckon?

Sounds great but listen if you fail at one just pick yaself up and refocus or if you find one of those is proving tougher to get to grips with really maintain your focus on 1 of the others.... They all sound great and you will defo see results for sure.... Whatever happens you will see results even doin just one ofthose you will see results so imagine 5?

Goodluck.... Get ya posts up to 50 and then we can discuss more in pm xx

My reasons are-
Want to get healthier before starting a family.
Want to LOOK better and feel better in myself
Want to look pretty in my wedding dress!

My reasons for shedding this Weight:

I'm 21 this year and want to look half decent for my birthday.

I've got 2 holidays this summer and want to wear a bikini and not feel like a whale.

Final reason... I'd like to meet a guy and I'm hoping losing this weight will give me the confidence to get out there!!

To feel good the way i look, I want my partner to look at me and think i look amazing, he says i look amazing now but when i get to my target weight im hoping he wont be able to leave me alone ;)
also i have just had a baby 6weeks ago, and just want to get rid off the saggy middle it left me,

I just want to feel healthy and alive.

That really hit me then when i read it. That is exactly how i want to feel also :)

My reason for losing weight is double edged....... 90% for my health 10% to look better but once I have lost I have to have surgery on my brain. Up till now the dr would not do it because of my weight.....this is what kept me fat I think but now I have no choice!!!!

dirty paws said:
My reason for losing weight is double edged....... 90% for my health 10% to look better but once I have lost I have to have surgery on my brain. Up till now the dr would not do it because of my weight.....this is what kept me fat I think but now I have no choice!!!!

That's a fairly hefty double edged sword Dirty Paws, good luck with it all. :)

Back