Your reasons for losing weight??

I've so many reasons! The main ones are

1 - For my health. Been told by GP at risk of diabetes, have had high BP and am generally unfit and unhealthy.

2 - have so many clothes from my slimmer days I'd love to wear again.

3 - terrified it's only a matter of time someone asks me when the baby's due! Eeeek!

4 - want to wear a bikini on the beach this Summer.

5 - would love to be able to walk into a shop and know that a size 12 or 14 will fit

I just want to feel healthy and alive.

yup, thats mainly why I want to lose weight. Would be lovely to be more active without feeling short of breath or having achey joints. Just to feel like my body is working for me not againest me!LOL:D:D

My reason for losing weight is double edged....... 90% for my health 10% to look better but once I have lost I have to have surgery on my brain. Up till now the dr would not do it because of my weight.....this is what kept me fat I think but now I have no choice!!!!

You can do this and we will all support you :)

Main and most importantly is because I want to be healthy and no longer huge.

Also so I look absolutely fantastic. Very vain haha but I want to look and feel sexy :p

My reasons are:

1. I hate the way I look, ive sorted out all my head issues now its the body that has to go as it was a by product of the head issues

2. To get fit and look and feel fantastic

3. Not be fat in my 40's (I have a year before im 40) I want to wear a sexy dress for my 40th BD party :)

4. To kick start my sister into loosing weight as she'll see how fab I look and I only have the one sister who I dont want to loose :)

xx

Tali said:
My reasons are:

1. I hate the way I look, ive sorted out all my head issues now its the body that has to go as it was a by product of the head issues

2. To get fit and look and feel fantastic

3. Not be fat in my 40's (I have a year before im 40) I want to wear a sexy dress for my 40th BD party :)

4. To kick start my sister into loosing weight as she'll see how fab I look and I only have the one sister who I dont want to loose :)

xx

Good luck Tali :)

slimsarah said:
Main and most importantly is because I want to be healthy and no longer huge.

Also so I look absolutely fantastic. Very vain haha but I want to look and feel sexy :p

Hope it goes well for you slimsarah :)

To feel more confident and happy in myself
To stop generally eating crap and doing no excercise (i don't count my job as a shelf stack as exercise really)

1. To help ease my anxiety and depression and maybe even get rid of it.

2. To feel and look healthy.

3. To be able to start dating, I have only ever been on one date and feel my weight has hindered me greatly, I'm getting on at 23 as well.

4. For me

Blue23 said:
1. To help ease my anxiety and depression and maybe even get rid of it.

2. To feel and look healthy.

3. To be able to start dating, I have only ever been on one date and feel my weight has hindered me greatly, I'm getting on at 23 as well.

4. For me

Good luck with Dukan. I've found when I've lost weight before that it definitely lifts my mood and how I feel about myself. Hope it helps you too. As for 'getting on' at 23!! I think you've a few years in you yet :)

I didn't ever consider the health aspects up until about 7 months ago. My primary reason is that almost 2 years ago I turned 20 and realised my life wasn't going anywhere. I wanted to turn my hand to a million things and enjoy working, doing something I really liked, but my weight got in the way of almost any job I'd like to do and also really shattered my confidence.

One night I was watching TV and saw an advertisement for the Army and decided to re-visit my 16 year-old self's idea of joining. I browsed the website and did a bunch of research and finally settled on a career in the armed forces.

Knowing that I couldn't enlist as fat as I was, I got into losing weight right away. Then about 4 months ago I got up the courage, after significant loss, to go to an Army careers office and really see what my options were and what the process is. I weighed in at 90kg there, and I told the recruiter I knew I still had a long way to go. He gave me advice and now -- almost 2 of the 3 stone I had to left to lose later -- I've really started to gear-up and get motivated.

I have list of reasons in thr front of my "food diary" notebook, it takes up 2 pages!
I'm only 21, so luckily I've not had any health isuues due to my weight, so for me it is mainly vanity. I know once I change how I look, that will change how I feel.
I want to look good.I want to be able to borrow a top or dress off a friend for a night out. I want to choose clothes knowing my rolls won't hang out and bulge. I want to have just the one chin. And like someone else said earlier on, I want my boyfriend to be able to show me off and feel lucky.

Well Done RayeRaye on your weight loss.

These are some of the reasons for my losing weight.

1 - For my health. Been told by GP that I'm at risk of diabetes, I have high BP and am generally unfit.

2 - I have so many clothes from my slimmer days I'd love to wear again.

3 - I would love to be able to walk into a shop and know that a size 12 or 14 will fit.

4 - To be able to wear a strapless dress without the fat hanging out.

5 - To look in the mirror and like the person I see there.

Back