Your top 3 tips

bajoleth

Gold Member
Just thought it would be a good idea to put your top 3 tips (or more if you have them;)) if they have helped you they may well help others;)
Mine would be
1. Cauliflower rice, I love my curries and this just halves the calories:D
2. Mushrooms, so low cal I have them with practically everything as they add bulk (eg I use less chicken/meat and add Mushrooms, never know the difference)
3. Mints when peckish or around kids tea time so you are not likely to pick.
Would love to hear your tips or recommendations.

Top 3 tips:

1. Plan, plan, plan - and have a Go ahead bar (55 cals) in your bag to stave off hunger - just in case!
2. Don't buy any nice food that you know you won't be able to resist.
3. Eat lots of blueberries as they're low in calories and good for you too!

1. log everything what passes my lips.
2. a little bit ofwhat u fancy is fine
3. never go shopping when hungry

1- I have a "cookfest" every couple of weeks, making loads of low cal meals, then freeze them. Only takes minutes to heat up and proper home cooked food.

2- When the wine is out hide the takeaway menu!!!

3- If your a bit naughty do some exercise to make up for it.

1. Avoid CRAP where possible! (Caffeine, refined sugars, alcohol, processed food).
2. If you're going to eat (or drink!) something a CRAPpy (I love the odd creme egg) - ENJOY EVERY BITE/SIP! There's no point in treating yourself and then beating yourself up about it afterwards.
3. Don't just focus on the scales - measure yourself weekly, and try to get body fat tested once a month on those Boots scales (if your own don't do it!).
4. This is by far the most important thing I've found - you cannot estimate weight of food - it's almost impossible to do accurately, and whilst it's fine for things like salad leaves where you may lose or gain an extra 2 calories by estimating wrongly, with other foods it can be a disaster! I spent my first two weeks being royally dense and assuming that a tablespoon of any food was the same weight as a tbsp of anything else! INVEST IN SOME GOOD QUALITY DIGITAL SCALES!
5. Herbal teas are great for when you're feeling a bit hungry but don't want to eat just yet - water can get a bit bland. My favourites are peppermint, and apple & cinnamon.

oooh how do you make cauliflower rice?? xx
Its just boiled cauli you then break it up really small and use as rice, some actually grate it before cooking but I find it breaks really easily so don't bother. When you use it with curries or chilli's etc the texture is the same as rice and it soaks up the taste of the food, rice doesn't really taste of anything either . You save hundreds of cals:D One tip though is to cook it early so that it has ages to drain as cauli holds water, I then warm it up when I am ready, yum yum.

Its just boiled cauli you then break it up really small and use as rice, some actually grate it before cooking but I find it breaks really easily so don't bother. When you use it with curries or chilli's etc the texture is the same as rice and it soaks up the taste of the food, rice doesn't really taste of anything either . You save hundreds of cals:D One tip though is to cook it early so that it has ages to drain as cauli holds water, I then warm it up when I am ready, yum yum.

Love this tip :)

3 Tips:

- drink 8 pints (4litres) of water, including herbal teas
- eat juicy fruits (e.g. oranges, pineapples, apples, watermelon, melon, strawberries, kiwis, etc etc... really low cal so you can eat a lot of it:p)
- half of your plate must be veggies

x
-

3 things -

1. Write down EVERYTHING. Even if you binge, go over calories, eat unhealthy foods. It's important to OWN your eating habits. As soon as I accepted it was ME eating too much and nothing else, it became a lot easier to evaluate where I needed to make changes.

2. Try new things. I am utterly addicted to mangoes now. I never ate them before this diet but they are delicious. I enjoy them more than chocolate. Yes, really!

3. Share your feelings with other people. Get a diet buddy. If you feel you can't talk to people at home then come here and talk it out with others. You are not alone and don't have to do this alone!

1) Minimins rocks... it is full of fabulously inspirational and supportive people and without them I probably wouldn't be where I am today.
2) A little bit of what you fancy does you good... I would have caved on this diet very early on if I had made it too strict and never allowed myself to enjoy the fattening things in life!!!
3) Tomorrow is a new day... If you fluff up don't use it as an excuse to throw all your hard work away, start fresh tomorrow and don't let one day take away your goals and motivation.
4) Measure... My eye's are bigger than my belly, I do not trust them, I weigh and measure as much as I can.
5) Water... drink shed loads of it... this is a new one I discovered and it really works!!!

Some really great tips I for one have picked up a good few ideas;)
And I know I must drink more water I just find it tedious:( but as most of you say its a must I will try;)
I have to agree and say that Minimins is a great help, its like going to a slimming club all the motivation but its free:D

Back