1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

YoYO dieter, returns to SW

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by fat&frightened, 17 March 2011 Social URL.

1. fat&frightened

fat&frightened New Member

Hello, I'm a massive YoYo dieter. When I was 18 I joined SW for the first time and was super successful. Over time I put on small amount and lost them very successfully through SW. I then joined WW and my weight stabalised easily. Following this in the final yr of Uni I put on a stone then when I came home, through drink and depression I put on nearly 3 stone over 2 yrs. Depressed I joined Lighter life and lost 3.5 stone and felt amazing. I was slim and food and drink no longer had a hold on me. The downside is - you have to eat and can not live on meal replacements all your life. 2 years later. I've put 3 stone of it back on. I'm depressed and lonely. I Shy away from photos, don't make much of myself and act the clown. Since joining SW I waste my syns on wine as I'm self critical of my self and appearance.

I suppose what I'm asking is: Does /Did anyone else feel the same? what did you do to get 'better'? Advice, recipies, encouraging words are really welcome

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Holidaygirl10

Holidaygirl10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I really feel for you. :(
    Maybe get involved in the forums and people are so very kind they will help you feel better about yourself.:)
    I am on my own rollercoaster ride with anxiety attacks, as per my diary,not even losing much weight but feel very motivated to be fit and healthy.
    I joined challenges,on the forum, ie sit ups etc and find it helps me stay focused.
    I have used exercise as a distraction technique when feeling down (I was not fit at all when I started and have osteo arthritis!)
    I do have great support re family and having Cognitive Behaviour Therapy ( just started so not sure yet!)
    I am very open about my illness as people shy away from it, but there are many of us with depression/anxiety, whatever it may be.
    Many of us on here are yoyo dieters, so don't be hard on yourself.
    Take one day at a time.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.