YoYO dieter, returns to SW

fat&frightened

Hello, I'm a massive YoYo dieter. When I was 18 I joined SW for the first time and was super successful. Over time I put on small amount and lost them very successfully through SW. I then joined WW and my weight stabalised easily. Following this in the final yr of Uni I put on a stone then when I came home, through drink and depression I put on nearly 3 stone over 2 yrs. Depressed I joined Lighter life and lost 3.5 stone and felt amazing. I was slim and food and drink no longer had a hold on me. The downside is - you have to eat and can not live on meal replacements all your life. 2 years later. I've put 3 stone of it back on. I'm depressed and lonely. I Shy away from photos, don't make much of myself and act the clown. Since joining SW I waste my syns on wine as I'm self critical of my self and appearance.

I suppose what I'm asking is: Does /Did anyone else feel the same? what did you do to get 'better'? Advice, recipies, encouraging words are really welcome

Thanks

I really feel for you. :(
Maybe get involved in the forums and people are so very kind they will help you feel better about yourself.:)
I am on my own rollercoaster ride with anxiety attacks, as per my diary,not even losing much weight but feel very motivated to be fit and healthy.
I joined challenges,on the forum, ie sit ups etc and find it helps me stay focused.
I have used exercise as a distraction technique when feeling down (I was not fit at all when I started and have osteo arthritis!)
I do have great support re family and having Cognitive Behaviour Therapy ( just started so not sure yet!)
I am very open about my illness as people shy away from it, but there are many of us with depression/anxiety, whatever it may be.
Many of us on here are yoyo dieters, so don't be hard on yourself.
Take one day at a time.
:grouphugg:

Back