Yoyo's LL Diary .... the road to slimdom!

I wish you luck Yoyo.
What did you make with your sticky back plastic?

Hi SB ... looking good ;)
I made a collage to represent my goals. We were all asked to do this for our Week2 homework. i was quite pleased with it in the end; lots of images of happy/healthy people, fab clothes, great food & also lots of inspirational words & phrases. Gunna hang it inside my wardrobe so I see it whenever I open the door :)

Day 14 - Week 2 WI
Was more than a little disappointed with my measly 2.2 lbs:confused:. Feel a bit cheated after 2 weeks of abstinence to have lost less than half a stone :(
Need to shake off my gloominess quickly but for now going to sulk & go to bed:badmood:
Nite Nite
yoyo
xx

Hi Yoyo,

sorry to hear you are a bit disappointed, but you gotta remember that a loss is still a loss! I managed 3lb, but my LLC rounds up the numbers so it was actually 2.4lb!

Keep on trucking babe, you'll do great

Awww... hun. Don't feel bad. It's 2.2 lbs off! You ARE losing weight girl!! :)
Don't be hard on yourself. Be the opposite! Give yourself a big fat pat on the back as you are doing it. You're taking that journey that would lead you to even bigger gorgeousness ;)
Think of all the valueable things you learned about yourself and your relationship with food. That is as important as losing the weight!
You will see, it'll aaall be worth it at the end!!!
:girlpower:

Thanks Ladies ... appreciate your support - I'm gunna need all the support I can get if I keep losing it at such a slow rate :rolleyes:
Onwards & Downwards xx

Day 15
After such an awful week at work, I was really looking forward to my day off today but sadly i had to go into the office:( Had my usual porridge for brekkie & peanut bar for lunch but today I have been really hungry. My tummy was really growling at about 4 p.m:eek:. Waited until about 5 for my choc food pack with a nice peppermint tea which seeemed to do the trick. Am getting a bit fed up of the water too.
Dropped my daughter at guides & popped to Tesco for my first "big shop" since starting back on the programme. It was ok, not too torturous - although the crisp isle actually made my mouth water - lol!
Just had my choc supper pack ... another day down :)

Looking forward to a lie in and a lazy morning tomorrow

Nite all
xx

You are doing great, yoyo. Well done and have a good weekend. :)

Thanks girls ... x

Day 16
Just feel realy quite fed up today:sigh: Have really wanted to eat something - feel like I'm missing flavours & textures.
I've not had anything & won't, but really hope I can shake off this gloom :(
To make matter worse I thought I'd give the nut fudge bar another whirl & it almost made me feel sick :yuk: I managed to get down about a quarter of it but then gave up :(
Having lost less than half as stone in 2 weeks, I'm questioning why I'm putting myself through this when i could have lost just as much on a "normal" diet.
Words of wisdom needed please ....:confused:
yoyo
xx

Yo-yo, I'm sorry you are feeling so down today. I don't really have any words of wisdom, but I can offer a :hug99:

Words of wisdom huh? :eek:
Well first of all I really feel for you as I know what you are going through :love:

Second of all..other than telling you to stick with it and be patient I'd also like to point out that you are being way to harsh on yourself! Read what you wrote back hun! Come on! YOU LOST HALF A STONE IN TWO WEEKS!!!! That's massive!!!
And yes, I know you're going to say that others have bigger losses but you must try not to compare yourself to anyone else. Everyone is individual and is going through it in their own way.

Now what do you think it is that makes you struggle? Are you physically hungry? If so are you drinking enough water?
If it's not a physical hunger, then all those "deamons" that tell you to eat are the very reason you should stay on LL.
Yes the packs are not amazing but they are not meant to. It's not food! It's nutrition with a bit of flavour. Nothing more nothing less.
You are on abstinence darling. Abstinence is there to help us work out why we got ourselves into this "mess" in the first place! :sigh:
That is why LL is so unique and effective. The councelling makes ALL the difference, it gives us foundation to be able to deal with the rest of our lives once we come off LL.
One thing you need to keep telling yourself EVERYDAY is that this is not going to last forever. It's just a stage, a stepping stone, a way of losing the weight quickly and relatively easily. Of course you can go ahead and go on a "normal" diet but are you really sure it's going to work for you any better than LL?
Will eating again now make you understand the thought process behind overeating/bingeing/comfort eating?

LL is so much more than just a diet, in fact no, I don't like thinking of it as a diet. It's a form of therapy that is designed to "fix" us and our relationship with food.

So hun when you're telling yourself you can't do it and that you don't like the taste of the packs, take a step back and breathe.. and get on with it! Give yourself a chance and please, please start believing in yourself! You have no idea what you as a human being are capable of! A tremendous power lies within you, you just need to find it, grab hold of it and never let go!!

Never let food control you! ALWAYS control the food! :superwoman:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi YO YO
Wise words indeed from Magic.
Be sure - ifyou stick to the programme 100% as directed and drink all the water, little and often, and don't exercise too much at the start - you WILL lose approx 1stone per month.
It will even out.
We are not machines, we are all different, hormones, time of the month, starting weight. I notice you area petite person, maybe that will make a bit of a difference.
One thing is for certain, calories in- calories out determine whether you lose weight or not.
Stick with it. I am sure you will achieve fantastic results.
We're all here supporting you.

Jen, Mags, SB,
Thanks for your lovely replies ...you've lifted my spirits :)
I have spent the last hour listening to the 2 voices in my head arguing over whether it would be okay to have the packet of Walkers prawn cocktail crisps sitting in the kitchen cupboard - lol.
I'm pleased to say the right side won & no crisps were consumed:p
I also know if I had given in, i would have eaten the whole 6 pack:rolleyes:. I have a dreadful relationship with food & am desparate to crack my binge eating once & for all.
I know there's a long road of counselling ahead of me but really don't know why i so wanted those crisps tonight ... boredom, comfort .. maybe? Anyway, whatever it was has been quashed, for today at least!
Tomorrow is another day - fingers crossed its a good un:)
Thanks again
love
yoyo
xx

Everything is crossed for you hun! :)
Tomorrow IS another day! And well done for not having those crisps! (the power is within you!)
Try something out tomorrow. First thing in the morning when you wake up, smile from side to side and tell yourself: "it's going to be a great day! I am ready to crack this!"
Keep repeating that to yourself throughout the day and it WILL happen. Trust me! You are stronger than you think...
:fingerscrossed:

Day 17 - it's been a loooong day!
My daughter is full of a cold & has a bit of a temperature so we've been stuck in the house all day today:( It's been a real test of will-power to not give in today & eat. If my tummy stopped rumbling & I wasn't hungry then it would be much easier to get through the days! I defo didn't feel this hungry when I've done this before :confused:
Anyway, I CAN do it, I WILL do it :)
We've been planning her bday party today for 23/10 - by then I could be a stone lighter than today:D
I think the best apporach for me at the moment is to just take each day as it comes & focus on getting through the day ... i need to try not to think about tomorrow or the next 11 weeks but just focus on what each day brings.
I can't make it to my class this Thursday so I have already got my packs for next week but I am going to go for a pop in on the Friday morning so it keeps me on track!

Day 18
LL wise - its been a good day:)
Workwise - shoot me now:rolleyes:

When I'm in work, I take my peanut bar but am afraid to say I've gone off them! I'm sure they used to taste more caramely - now they taste a bit dry! Looks like I might need to do a few swapsies this week!

Lots to do tonight so will leave it at that for today .... more tomrorow ....
yoyo
xx

Glad you've had a bit of a better day today, Yoyo, at least as far as LL is concerned!

Well done Yo Yo. For me the penny dropped when I stopped trying to enjoy the packs (I didn't do bars - too tempting),
I didn't think of them as food - just a way to get the nutrients, vitamins and minerals I needed.

no words of wisdom yo-yo!
i've just started with LL, and although can't wait to see what 1st week weight loss will be, i'm finding it really interesting thinking about why i want to reach for food at certain times.
have already made a link with getting stressed and wanting to eat

i think your weight loss is great - good and steady

keep it up

Back