Yoyo's LL Diary .... the road to slimdom!

Hi Yoyo, sorry to hear you have had a rough few days. I think taking each day as it comes is the best way forward. I know from the past few weeks I have highlighted work as one of my major stresses and wanting to go to the chinese on the way home!!! i need to find ways in which I deal with this as we all know work is a great part of our lives and can have an impact us. Maybe we can find solutions together. Keep your chin up 3 weeks nearly over and hasnt it gone fast.
continue onwards and downwards. nutty x

Thanks for your replies guys ... i really appeciate your support :gen126: Hope you are all doing well?

Day 19
It's official - I have fallen out of love with the peanut bars! I couldn't finish it at lunchtime today. The only thing which I'll try tomorrow is to zap it in the microwave for a few seconds ... it makes it a bit gooier & more sort of toffee-ee. I'm struggling with the dryness of it so this might be the answer:) (if anyone tries this, please keep your eye on it as it only takes a few seconds!!)
yoyo
xx

One suggestion for the microwave idea is to put a small cup of water in at the same time, makes the bar melt more gently.

Thnx for the tip SB ... will give that a whirl tmrw x

Day 20
Had a dream last night that I was eating chewing gum & woke up in a panic that i had broken my abstinence :eek:
Bloody Chewing Gum! Why couldn't it have been a bloody big bag of crisps :p
Still plodding along with my porridge for brekkie, 2 choc shakes & a peanut bar each day:) Almost 3 weeks in now & still managed 100% abstinence ... it feels good:)
I'm usually at class tomorrow night but can't go this week so gunna have a pop in on Friday a.m ... oh i do hope this week is a good result:fingerscrossed: I know this programme is not just about weight loss but for me the biggest reason for doing LL over other "diest" is how quickly the weight comes off. If I don't start to feel that I can achieve 3 stone in 3 months, then I will really start to question if I'm doing the right thing..... I'd be lying if I said otherwise. Lets see what the scales say ;)
More tomorrow
yoyo
xx

Hows it going yoyo?:)

Ahhh...the lovely peanut bars!
I love the peanut bars but I'm the opposite to you! When I first got them, they had a dry consistency, over the past three weeks they have been more sugary and sticky and I'm sure they trigger hunger in me as I could quiet easily have 2 bars at once...not good!

Might give them a miss next week to see if I notice any change.

Have a good day and well done on staying 100% abstinent...It will be so worth it!:)

Hi Ladies,
WI tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on (the extra day might make all the difference!)

Day 21
I really can't believe what i did today ... I work in an enormous office & there was a Macmillan cake sale running all day today. Some of my colleagues were stuck in a meeting all morning, so I went over and got 6 huge gooey cakes for them! The best of it was, the plate I carried them on was tiny so I ended up with choc icing stuck to my fingers & I didn't even lick it off :angel09:
Went back to my desk then to polish my halo - lol:D

Have found myself yet again glued to cookery programmes on the tv. I watched the Great British Bake off the other night & just watching River Cottage now. It must be my way of getting a food fix without eating;) The wierd thing is I never really cook & have a really limited set of foods I eat (apart from all the crappy choc & crisps etc!). I'm already looking forward to trying new foods when i get through the programme:)

Be back tmrw
Nite all
yoyo
xx

Nice one YoYo! I told you you can do it! I'm so hapy to see your confidence and determination grow everyday!
Way to go girl!

Good luck with the weigh in Yoyo. Fingers crossed for a good night remember a loss is a loss.

Onwards and downwards XX

Thanks Mags ... am feeling more positive now :D

Hi Nutty, I went for WI this morning & YIPPEE! lost 4.6 this week :) How are you doing? ...(will catch up with your diary in a minute:))

Day 22
Feeling good today after my WI. I lost 4.6 which means 11.2 in 3 weeks:D Fingers crossed I can get to the stone next week to keep on track for my target & also to cross off Goal no. 3:cross:
Have really enjoyed my day off today - pottered around the shops with my mum. Resisted buying any clothes cos they will be too big for me in another few weeks;) Did buy some shoes tho:p
In recent months I've been buying myself loads of bits of jewellery (costume stuff - honest), to compensate for the fact that I just didn't want to buy clothes for me cos nothing i really wanted to wear looked nice on me:eek:
Anyway, I'm now fitting my clothes much better & have added a new goal today to get into my black fitted shift dress for work. It wasn't even expensive but is a lovely cut & has a leopard print lining so I just love it:) I'm going to try it on in 2 weeks time & hopefully it will fit.
Also (... and yes, i am a shopaholic;)) I've been wearing a size 16 grey shift dress for work. Before LL it was bursting at the seams, I've not worn it this week cos it feels a bit roomy now BUT i do have the same dress in a size 14 still with the label on in my wardrobe :eek: Does that make me a freaky shopper ?!?! Might give that one a try on on Monday morning too!
We get our measruements done again next time at group ..looking forward to that :D
I've also decided that I will get rid of clothes as they become too big for me this time. I won't need 'em ever again!
No exciting plans for me this weekend. DD is having a sleepover tonight after Guides so lord knows what time they'll go to sleep:rolleyes: I'm having my nails done tomorrow but apart from that no other plans.
Happy Friday everyone
yoyo
xx

Well done with the weight loss yoyo .... i think i will follow your lead and get rid of my big clothes. It will be interesting next week when we get measured ... im looking forward to seeing how many inches have gone. have a great weekend yoyo.x

nuttyx

Day 23 & 24
Have had quite a chilled out weekend (apart from loads of work e-mails on the b/berry; oh it's gunna be a fun week at work this week:mad:)
Had my nails done yesterday, caught up with a couple of friends & just had some girly time with DD. We decided today would be a baking day so stocked up on ingredients. I would be ashamed to tell you how out of date some of the stuff was in my kitchen cupboard:eek:
The packs & water are like second nature now so nothing really to report.

FOOD TALK BELOW

Sunday
We made a lemon tea loaf, fruit scones & some chocolate cup cakes ... and I never even licked my fingers - lol!
Called round to a friends this afternoon with some of our baked goodies to try ..... apparantly they were delish;)
I've just realised, its gone 7 o'clock & I've only had 2 packs ...how bizarre.

Hope everyone else has had a great weekend

yoyo
xx

Well done Yo Yo
You are really in the groove now.

Thanks SB - It sure does feel goood at the minute:)

Day 25
Was surrounded by food at work today - everyone seemed to be celebrating something:rolleyes: Wasn't bothered though, as SB said, I'm in the groove;)
AND yeehaw! Fitted into a size 14 dress today:D Was a little bit snug but okay to wear - going to bin the size 16 version now :)
Enjoyed a toffee bar for lunch today - made a nice change from the peanut.

Hope everyone else is okay

yoyo
xx

Day 26
Great start to the day - I wore a suit that I'd not worn for about a year :D Am starting to feel more like the old me :banana dancer:
My mum keeps giving me some lovely positive strokes saying how much better I look already:) I have definitely got a bit more of a shape now than the big lump I was 4 weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how many inches I've lost on Thursday night!

I've been a bit over zealous with my choc packs this week & have now ended up with an abundancne of porridge left til Thursday! Oh well, porridge for brekkie, tea & supper it is:p

On the work front, things are a little less stressful this week - thankfully ... although they couldn't have got any worse!

More tomorrow

yoyo
xx

Day 27
Easy peasy lemon squeezy;)

Day 28 - Week 4 WI
Arrived at class this evening expecting a 1 or 2 lb loss & maybe just missing out on getting my stone & surprise surprise, I lost 4.1 :D:D i am thrilled to bits!
That brings my loss to 15.4 in 4 weeks & means I'm on track to get to my goal before the end of the year.
I've also lost 9 cm off my waist, 4 off my bust & 5 off my hips:)
Everyone in my group is still going strong too & only 1 drop out. We were talking about positive strokes tonight - homework is to try & graciously accept any compliments this week without feeling the need to put ourselves down. I'll try :rolleyes:

Having my hair cut tomorrow - might try on some clothes to see if there is anything else in my wardrobe I can now fit into:)

yoyo
xx

Well done Yoyo,

Is'nt it great to see the waist shrinking!!!!:D

Good luck for this week.

onwards and downwards

Nutty x

Well done, you are doing great. I weighed in yesterday and have hit my first stone off too........its very exciting!

We have been learning about taking responsibility for ourselves and being able to say NO!

Back