YoYo's SW Diary

hey there - sounds like you're doin great !

good luck with WI tomorrow....and enjoy the new car :D

Debz x

Thursday 23rd October - Day 14

Ohhhhh noooooooo! First day that I have fallen off the wagon. I know why, it is because I have got a stinking cold. If I'd have had a load of fruit or healthy extra's, I would have eaten my way through them but I didn't so I had to eat what was on offer at work (yesterday's birthday food) and as it was raining heavy at lunchtime I didn't feel like walking down to the supermarket to buy some fruit and fat free yoghurts..

Breakfast: (it was Breakfast Butty Thursday today) I just had 3 x Scrambled eggs, 3 x rashers of bacon, and some brown sauce (1 syn).

Snacks: 1 x Apple, 1 x Banana, 1 x Plum, 3 x Alpen Light Cereal Bar.

Lunch: Stew (Lean stewing steak, red onion, carrots, courgettes, cauliflower) gravy (1 syn)

Crap: 4 x Quality Streets (12 syns), 1 x marshmallow-type biscuit, (3 syns), 1 x Snowball (2.5 syns), 2 x small mini rolls (bite size) 4 syns.
several handfuls of little jelly men (12 syns). (all of the above syns are guesstimated)

Tea: Haven't decided yet. I'm not actually hungry. I've also got 1 x Alpen Cereal bar to eat, plus 2 Healthy Extra A's.

Total for day: 35.5 syns (yikes).

Can't believe I let myself go on weigh in day!!!!! ARGH. Oh well, hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and be able to stick to it.

....and I have gained half a sodding pound. How did that happen? I am so disappointed.

Friday 23rd October - Day 15

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix, 250mls semi-skimmed milk, 1 tsp golden syrup. (1.5 syns)

Snacks: 500g punnet of grapes.

Lunch: 225g jacket potato, king prawns, 1 tbsp Caramelised Onion Mayonnaise (4 syns).

However it all fell to bits when I got home from work. Needless to say, the quality streets and the little jelly men are all gone now, and I also had a small tub of pringles..

I'm going to have a 100% day today. I plan to go to the Farm Shop and spend a fortune on lovely fruit, make up a fruit salad to keep in the fridge for two days and just snack on that.

My friend at work is joining a SW Class on Tuesday's so w're gonna keep each other spurred on. She's never done SW before and has been in awe at what I have been eating at work.

I had a think last night and I really do want to carry on eating like this. It's really healthy and I am enjoying everything I eat. That is part of my battle, to stop binge-eating crap and for the most part I have beaten that, this past fortnight. I'm not bothered if it takes me a whole year to do it, as long as I can carry on eating like I have been!

I did ask my consultant if she thought I was
a) Eating too much free food (she didn't).
b) Having too many healthy extra's, ie all the ones allowed (she didn't).
c) whether I should cut my syns down (she said no, because I've only done two weeks and have over three stones to lose, so shouldn't need to cut down on syns just yet.

She said I was doing everything right and to just carry on (as I did in Days 1 - 13 at any rate).

Saturday 24th October - Day 16

Breakfast: 3 x Eggs scrambled, Brown Sauce (1 syn)

Snacks: Grapes, Wiltshire Ham, raspberries

Lunch: 4 co-op Hot & Spicy Chicken Skewers, Salad, Salad Cream (2 syns), 28g Cheddar.

Snacks: Banana

Dinner: Chicken breast wrapped in a slice of bacon with 28g cheese melted over the top, salad, salad cream (2 syns) plus 1 tbsp caramelised onion mayonnaise.

Snacks: Mint kit-kat (5 syns), 2 x hi-fi bars.

Syns for day: 14.

Last edited:
Sunday 26th October - day 17

Breakfast: 28g Porridge, 250mls semi skimmed milk, banana, 1 TBSP Golden Syrup (2.5 syns)

Snack: Pear

Lunch: Frittata made with 3 x eggs, courgette, red pepper, ham, 28g Cheddar and fry light.

Dinner: Pork, Broccolli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Gravy (1 syn), 2 x Yorkshire Puddings (5 syns).

Snacks: 1 x hi-fi bar, 1 x mint kit-kat (5 syns)

Total syn for day: 13.5

Day 18 (Monday) and Day 19 (Tuesday)

Unfortunately I wont have updates for these two days. I've been sticking to the plans however I have not been sticking to the syns and I haven't been writing stuff down either. I've only been working mornings this week and I find the plan so much more easier when I am in a routine so the school hols have just thrown me this week and I fully expect a gain

Day 20 (Wednesday 29th October)

Breakfast: Apple, Banana, Satsuma

Lunch: Fritata made with 4 x Eggs, Red Pepper, Red Onion, Courgettes and fry-light with some salad cream (2 syns) topped with 28g Cheddar.

Dinner: Potato and brocolli bake made with: Potatoes, Broccolli, Onion, Sweetcorn, Quark and topped with 28g Cheddar

Snacks: Kit-Kat (5 syns), Alpen Light bar x 2, half a bag of haribo's (no idea how many syns - would a million be a fair guess?)

Weigh in tonight!

YES!!! Lost 2.5lbs tonight (that should have been the loss for last week). I am very pleased and all re-motivated!

Day 21 - Thursday 30th October

Breakfast: Banana, apple

Lunch: Fruit salad, muller (yes, trying to weigh as little as I could or weigh in!)

Dinner: Chicken breast wrapped in bacon with 28g cheese and salad cream (2 syns).

Snacks: 2 x Hi-Fi bars, 1 tsp Green & Black hot chocolate (1 syn) with 250mls semi skimmed milk. 1 x lolly (boiled sweet type -? 3 syns)

Syns for day: 6

Day 22 & Day 23 (Friday 31st & Saturday 1st)

Haven't really noted down what I have eaten. I'll definitely be back on track from Monday (if not today) as it's all back to normal next week with the school's being back!

I have eaten a lot of: Delicious haribo jelly men (my favourites) and Freddo Frog chocolate bars however I am still keeping to red day / green day rules, it's just the syns that are suffering!

Day 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 (Sunday to Thursday 6th November).

Wow, what a bad week. I haven't followed the plan at all and the result ? A 4.5lbs gain. So, to cut a long story short, I am now 0.5lbs heavier than I was when I started a month ago! What a success story I am.

I really need and want to get back onto plan. I ordered a new dress last week and it was delivered today, just a plain black jersey wrap type dress and I look a right fat pig in it. My stomach is so fat I cannot wear this dress because I look at least seven months pregnant. I'm feeling really disgusting and sorry for myself.

Also my colleague who sits next to me lost 8lbs in her first week, I wanted her to do well, but even though she only needs to lose a stone more than I do, I only lost 2lbs in my first week so I'm feeling a tad jealous.

Dont beat yourself up over the gain Huni. Some weeks I used to gain 3lbs and I had stuck to the plan 100%!! The following week, I would either loose it and more or stay the same!!!
Keep at it and dont think that because youv'e gained this week its a free invite to pig out. If you get back on track now, you will loose most of the gain, as its only water.

Good luck

Kerry-Ann
xx

*dusts off thread*

I re-joined last night. The class has a new consultant and a new venue and both are really nice. I was upset to see I had put on 6lbs since I last went in early November, but I guess that's not too bad...maybe I can get that off in a couple of weeks. So weight today is now officially the highest I have ever been and I am NEARLY FIFTEEN STONES! (14st 10lbs - God, that is awful, I'm only 5ft 4in) Struggled today with the food as I can't get shopping til tomorrow.

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix, 150mls semi-skimmed milk.

Snacks: 2 x Bananas

Lunch: Salad bought from a shop (lettuce, tomato, spring onion, cucumber, but I also discovered coleslaw (not free) and cottage cheese (probably also not free) and some cheese (probably more than 28g) so not the best of choices! Then I went to Tesco and bought some of the packaged tikka chicken (0.5 syns)

Snack: Hi-Fi bar.

Dinner: 4 x rashers of bacon, 3 x eggs made into an omelette with peppers and onions. Brown Sauce (1 syn)

So, I've used 1.5 syns and will 'use' the rest for the salad.

Last edited:
Saturday 10th Jan (Day 2) - red

Breakfast: 4 rashers bacon, 2 eggs (scrambled), brown sauce (1 syn), 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf).

Lunch: (didn't need any)

Snack: 1 packet of Ryvita Mini's.

Dinner: Diced Turkey, carrots, onion, mashed swede, 1 parsnip (1 syn), gravy (1 syn)

Syns: 2 x Meringue Nests = 5 syns

I went to see the nurse at my practice for an asthma check yesterday afternoon and she has told me my asthma is getting worse (peak flow has reduced since last check up) and I need to get my asthma under control and she suggested I try and lose some weight - HAH - if only it were so simple!!!

Exercise: 30 minutes gentle walk

Last edited:
Sunday 11th January - Red

Breakfast: 2 x slices wholemeal bread (HEB), 2 rashers of bacon, 28g cheese on top (HEA)

Lunch: None

Snack: Banana

Dinner: Diced chicken breast, carrots, onions, mushrooms, peppers with mashed swede and a beef casserole packet sauce mix (3 syns)

More snacks: 2 x meringue nests (5 syns), 250mls semi skimmed milk and 1 tsp green and blacks organic cocoa (1 syn)

(9 syns for day)

Exercise: Went with DS1 on his new paper round, which took around 50 minutes. Not sure if it's worth much in terms of calories burnt, but we had a laugh and it got me out of the house.

Last edited:
yummy meus and well done on the walk every bit counts better than sat on our bums lol

Monday 12th January - red

(doing this in advance as I have already made it)

Breakfast: 28g Porridge Oats, 250mls semi skimmed milk, 1 chopped up banana, 1 tsp golden syrup (2.5 syns).

Lunch: Salad (lettuce, tomato, carrots, red onion), 2 boiled eggs with seafood sticks and prawns in a light seafood sauce (2 syns), with 28g cheddar and some light salad cream (1 syn)

Dinner: 1 x Tuna Steak, 100g Tesco Mediterranean Roasting Vegetables (3.5 syns), salad cream (1 syn) and 2 x Quorn Burgers which might sound random but the plate looked a bit half-empty and I like to see a full plate, salad cream (1 syn)

Snacks: 2 x Meringue Nests (5 syns)

Total: 16 syns

Exercise: Not much, I walked to the library at lunchtime (5 minutes) and back - however even though it's only ten minutes, it is ten minutes that I wouldn't have done because I was planning on staying in at lunch, however, our computers crashing forced me to go out through boredom.

Last edited:
Tuesday 13th January - Red

Breakfast: 28g Porridge, 250mls semi skimmed milk, chopped up banana, 1 tbsp golden syrup (2.5 syns).

Lunch: 2 x slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf), 2 x Quorn Burgers, prawns, crabsticks and a side salad and 28g cheese and salad cream (1 syn).

Dinner: Ready meal - Liver & Bacon in onion gravy (4.5 syns) and 2 x Eat Smart Diet Lincolnshire Sausages (1 syn) - I had hoped these would be free, but they're not, in fact Morrisons had very little of their diet sausages or the Bowyer's ones

Snacks: 2 x Meringue nests (5 syns)

Exercise: 30 minutes walk, down to morrisons and back (15 min each way)

Syns: 14

Last edited:
Back