YoYo's SW Diary

ooh yummy menu will have to get some meringue nests yummy

Wednesday 14th January - red

Breakfast: 2 x scrambled eggs, 1 tsp brown sauce (1 syn)

Snacks: 2 x Bananas

Lunch: 3 x Morrisons Lincolnshire sausages (1.5 syns), 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf), pickle (1 syn), 2 x Babybels, punnet of grapes.

Dinner: 2 x Tuna Steaks, broccolli & Cauliflower, 225g jacket potato, cheese sauce (made with milk allowance) - dunno how many syns

Snacks: 2 x Meringue nests = 5

Syns 8.5 + Cheese sauce

Last edited:
Thursday 15th January - red (weigh in tonight!!!)

Breakfast: 28g Porridge Oats, 250mls semi skimmed milk, chopped up banana, 1 tbsp golden syrup (2.5 syns)

Lunch: 3 x Lincolnshire Sausages (1.5 syns), 2 slices wholemeal bread, 1 tbsp pickle (1 syn)

Snack: melon/kiwi/mango/grapes (ready packed pack)

Dinner: Bacon, eggs, 2 x Cumberland Sausages (1 syn), brown sauce (1 syn) & whatever the amount of baked beans a healthy extra is

Snacks: 2 x Meringue nests (5 syns), 3 x Babybel Lights

Total syns: 12

Weigh in was quite disappointing. I was hoping for a minimum of 4lbs (and would have been secretly disappointed about even that!) but I only managed 3.5lbs. I've stuck to it 100% and haven't cheated once, yet all I have heard tonight are women who are on their first week and they've been having 4lbs, 5lbs, 6lbs good losses and each of them has uttered the words "I went out Friday / Saturday, had a Chinese / Curry / kebab and loads of lager / alcopops / Tia Maria's" etc.. And I've looked at them, and I am bigger than they are and I haven't cheated yet I lost less. I did all red days in the hope that more protein would speed up my loss and some days I really struggled with ideas about what to have and I'm scared that if I put some green days in this week that I wont lose anything at all.

Oh yes I've been there! Makes you spit doesn't it? BUT! 3.5lbs is a WONDERFUL loss! You mustn't be disappointed. Everyone loses at different rates, I bet all theirs is water and yours is fat!You are eating sensibly, and I bet you could carry on ad infinitum on this. I bet you a few weeks down the line that you will have clocked up more than them. They are probably getting away with it now, but it WILL catch up with them! We're in it for the long haul, and tortoises always win! Chin up Hun, you are doing SO well!

Hi, thanks for those words of wisdom Judi LOL - I have stopped feeling sorry for myself now

Breakfast: 2 x eggs scrambled, tinned tomatoes, 28g cheese, 2 x slices wholemeal bread

Snacks: 2 x banana

Lunch: Uncle Ben's, Express, Vegetable Pilau Rice (3.5 syns), toffee muller, massive punnet of grapes *parp*

Dinner: Packet of Chicken & Mushroom pasta in sauce from Aldi (2.5 syns)

Snacks: more grapes, packet of animal biscuits (6 syns), 1 x meringue nest (2.5 syn)

Last edited:
Saturday

Unfortunately I fell off the wagon yesterday through boredom. I was stuck in the house most of the day with kids (including next door's two) doing my head in, so I overdosed on meringue nests and biscuits.

Also DH made the tea (thought he was helping me out - bless him) and cooked a chicken casserole thing with mashed potatoes full of butter and milk LOL (I ate it, of course, and delicious it was too!)

However, I am looking at it long term, it's not a race, I'm fully expecting to lose the weight over 12 months and I know I will have some weeks where I might gain on consecutive weeks, and others where I will lose. As long as it averages around 4lbs per month

Back on the wagon today.

Back