YoYo's SW Diary

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Hello all, I joined SW on Thursday because I seriously need to do something about my weight! :(

Thought I would keep a food diary too.

Comments, support etc.. welcome :D

Day 1 (Friday 10th October)

Breakfast:
Banana
Toffee Muller Light Yoghurt

Lunch:
Mattessons Fridge Raider Bites - sweet chilli Flavour 2.5 syns (I did think these would be free, but they weren't).
Salad
Low-fat Salad Cream. (2.5 syns)
Bowl of Fresh Pineapple

Dinner:
Lamb
Vegetables (broccolli, Carrots, Cauli)
227g Jacket Potato
Gravy - 50mls made up (1 syn)
Yorkshire Puddings x 2 (5 syns)

Evening Snack:
Mint Kit-Kat (2 fingers) - 5 syns

Supper:
28g Alpen (had these at the end of the day just to use my HEB's up)
Milk from Allowance

Drinks:
250 mls semi skimmed milk x 2
2 x litres of water, sugar free Squash.

Total Syns for Day: 16 (although I think I over estimated the Salad Cream, as I wrote down value for ordinary, rather than low fat)

Last edited:
Day 2 (Saturday 11th October)

Breakfast:
1 x 400g tin baked beans
2 x Quorn Sausages
Mushrooms
3 x Eggs, Scrambled.
Brown Sauce (1 Syn)

Snacks:
1 x Banana
Punnet of Raspberries
Handful of Grapes
Apple x 2
(I didn't feel hungry after my huge breakfast until about 4pm, so I had fruit instead of some 'proper food' so I didn't spoil my evening meal).

Dinner:
Pasta
Sweetcorn
85g Ham
15g Heinz Caramelised Onion Deli Style Mayonnaise (4 syns per TBSP) - I made some for the kids, but then youngest son ended up having his dinner next door, so I scoffed his tea too, so I have estimated 6 syns for his meal.

Snacks:
1 x Mint Kit-Kat (5 syns)

Supper:
1 x Slice of Wholemeal Bread - toasted
28g Chedder
250mls semi skimmed milk

Drinks:
1 Litre of water,sugar free squash

Total Syns for Day: 12

Last edited:
Day 3 (Sunday 12th October)

Breakfast:
28g Porridge Oats
150mls semi-skimmed milk
1 TBSP Golden Syrup (2.5 syns)
Chopped up banana
100mls (to drink)

Lunch:
225g Jacket Potato
Prawns
1 TBSP Heinz Caramelised Onion Deli Style Mayonnaise (4 syns)

Snacks
Grapes
Wafer Thin Ham

Dinner:
1.5 x Gammon Steaks
Vegetables (Courgettes, carrots, cauli)
Yorkshire Puddings x 2 (5 syns)
Gravy (1 syn)

Supper:
1 x Slice wholemeal Bread
1 TBSP Tesco Caramelised Onion Houmous. 2.5 syns

Drinks
250mls semi skimmed milk
1 Litre Water, Sugar Free Squash

Total Syns for Day: 15

Hi, your food diary looks really good...how you finding slimming world? I'm in my second week now and quite enjoying it! Goodluck with the weightloss x

Thanks Mo3GGs

I'm finding it easy, am just making sure I make proper use of my Healthy Extra's to make my meals more exciting, mind you, I am only on day 4, only time will tell with me and diets. However saying that I did stick 13 weeks on Lighter Life, and I am enjoying SW much more than I did LL!

Day 4 (Monday 13th October)

Breakfast:
2 x Weetabix
250mls semi-skimmed milk
Banana (chopped up)

Lunch:
Wiltshire Ham
Salad
28g Cheese
Salad Cream (2.5 Syns)
Satsuma

After work:
Punnet of Strawberries
Muller Light Rhubarb Yoghurt

Dinner:
Chicken Breast
Vegetables (courgettes, Pepper, red onion)
half a pack of Beef Bourguinon Packet Mix (3 syns)

Supper:
1 x Slice of Wholemeal Bread
1 TBSP Houmous
Mint Kit-Kat (5 syns)

Drinks:
2.5 litres of water, sugar free squash

Total syns for day: 15.5

My all-singing, all-dancing weighing scales broke last night! They are out of warranty, and the button to turn them on is stuck fast. I can't afford to replace them right now, so I have no scales and have no idea if I am losing weight or not. I've never been without a pair of scales before and it's scary!!

Day 5 (Tuesday 14th October)

Breakfast:
2 x Weetabix
250mls semi skimmed milk
Banana (chopped up)

Lunch:
Quiche (made with: 3 x Eggs, VFF Cottage Cheese, Peppers, Red Onion and Ham - also Sweetcorn (had thought this was free on a red day, but wasn't - 2 Syns).
Satsuma
Apple
1 x Pot of Sugar free jelly

Dinner:
225g Jacket Potato
Prawns
Ham
1 TBSP Heinz Caramelised Onion deli style Mayonnaise (4 syns)

Snacks:
Ham
Mint Kit-Kat (5 syns)
250mls semi skimmed milk (as a drink)

Total syns for day: 13.5

Day 6 (Wednesday 15th October)

Breakfast:
2 x Weetabix
250mls semi skimmed milk

Lunch:
Jacket Potato
1 x Tin of Heinz ‘sweet chilli’ baked beans
28g Cheddar
Satsuma
Apple

Dinner:
1 x Packets of fat-free noodles.

Snacks:
Mint Kit-Kat (5 syns)
2 x Ryvita
2 TBPS Houmous (5 syns)
1x Jaffa Cake 2.5 syns

Drinks
700mls water, sugar free squash
330ml can of diet coke.

Syns for day 12.5

Weigh in tonight! Unfortunately I have a lunch meetng to go to today, and buffet are my weaknesses, so I know I will go over my syns today but I will attempt not to go mad.

Day 7 (Thursday 16th October) - YAY ME! Managed a whole week

Breakfast:
3 x Eggs, Scrambled
Apple
Diet coke
1 TBSP brown Sauce(1 syn)

Lunch:
1 Sandwich (half a slice of bread) made with ham and beetroot. (this was very, very tiny with not much filling) so will syn it as 4.
Red Grapes
Green Grapes

Dinner:
The Co-Operative 4 hot and spicy chicken kebabs
Salad
56g Cheddar
1 TBSP Garlic Mayonnaise(4 Syns)

Snacks:
1 x Marks & Spencer, all-butter chocolate-chip cookies (6 syns)
1 x Marks & Spencer, dark chocolate Jaffa (2 syns)
1 x toffee (2 syns)
2 x hi-fi bars

Drinks

Syns for Day: 19 syns

Last edited:
Weigh in today and I "only" lost 2lbs, which I was initially disappointed with, but out of the 5 who joined with me last week, 2 didn't turn up, 1 lost 3lbs, and 2 lost 2.5lbs, so I guess it's not really that bad. I'd have felt worse if the'd have had half stone losses!!

We had breakfast butties at work today. Normally I would have sausage and egg in a white bap, but I opted for scrambled eggs in a box

The meeting went really well today. There were lots of sandwiches, but there was also a huge fruit platter. I did have one tiny sandwich but couldn’t identify most of the fillings so opted to have some fruit. I discovered that a can of diet pepsi at around 10:30am, keeps hunger at bay, so that I wasn’t hungry during the meeting so didn’t binge on the buffet. Unfortunately there were biscuits on the table at the start and boredom drove me to have two – but that is a massive improvement and I wasn't too over my syns and would be under on a weekly count.

So - things to remember:

1. I didn’t gain weight.
2. I have enjoyed everything I have had to eat this week.
3. I have enjoyed the ‘security’ of knowing that if I get hungry I can have plenty of free food to choose from.
4. I have enjoyed not having to weigh and measure everything.
5. I feel a lot better in myself, no unpleasant toilet episodes, feelings of bloated-ness or heartburn.
6. I have not had any episodes of self-loathing because of uncontrollable bingeing this week.
7. No feelings of embarrassment because I’ve troffed all the families unhealthy snacks within a couple of days, and no suffering “knowing looks” from my husband for doing so.

One of my old friends who was a nursery nurse at youngest son's nursery (before he left to go to school) was there too, so it was lovely to see her, and she said she will definitely be there next week, so that is something for me to look forward to.

Bring on week two!

My car has broken down and it's not economically viable to repair it. I was planning on buying a new car next February-ish. I was devastated but now I am thinking of all that walking I will have to do and thinking "maybe every cloud has a silver lining" and all that?

Sod walking. Just had loan approved for new car.

Friday 17th October - day 8

Breakfast: Nothing

1100: 1 x Packet of Batchelors Pasta & Sauce, Mild Cheese & Broccolli wth added sweetcorn, made with 250mls semi-skimmed milk.

Snacks:
Banana
Satsuma
Plum
2 x hi-Fi Bars
1 x Mint Kit Kat (5 syns)

Dinner:1 x Packet of Batchelors Pasta & Sauce, Mild Cheese & Broccolli wth added sweetcorn, made with 250mls semi-skimmed milk.

Drinks - not enough! 500mls of water with s/f squash

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster. On my way to work at 5:50am my car broke down in the middle of the red light district!! Upon calling out a recovery truck they told me my timing belt had broken and as the car was an R reg it probably wasn't worth repairing as the engine would have been damaged.

I was a bit upset as I had been hoping to run it until April when a current loan would have been paid off, and normally when my routine changes or some sort of diaster befalls me, my eating normally goes off the rail - but it didn't yesterday. Yes, I did have plenty to eat and was stuffing my face all day but it was all free foods and as you can see I was way under syns! I'd even budgeted for another kit-kat but I actually FORGOT to eat it!!!!

I test drove a Citroen C1 yesterday afternoon but I didn't like it because it was silver!!! So I'm test driving a yellow Peugeot 107 this afternoon (and I do like the colour!!)

Saturday 19th October - day 9

Breakfast: Didn't have a formal breakfast just snacked on raspberries, an apple, a satsuma, 2 plums and some red grapes

Lunch: Didn't have a lunch either, just had a mouthful of eldest son's sausage roll when we went to watch football (2.5 syns).

Dinner: Gobi Chana Curry (from recipe book containing: Cauliflowers, can of chick peas, spring onions, red pepper, green pepper, passata and VLF natural yoghurt) with 28g of cheddar cheese grated over the top.

Snacks: 2 x Hi-Fi Bars, 2 x Mint Kit kats (10 syns), 1 x Marshmallow chocolate tea-cake (2 syns), 1 x TSP of Green & Blacks Hot Chocolate (1 syn) made with 250mls of semi skimmed milk.

Syns for day: 15.5

Did a bit more walking than normal as walked from the car to the footie stadium. I went and test drove the Yellow Peugeot 107 and loved it, so have put a deposit down on it and collect it some time this week I CANT WAIT!!!

Sunday 19th October - day 10!

YAY Me. It's the first time I Have got into double figures on a diet for ages and ages.!

Breakfast: 1 x Pear, Red grapes.

Lunch: 2 x Eggs (Scrambled) with a tin of Princes Red Thai Tuna (3 syns) and brown sauce (1 syn)

Dinner: Roast Beef, 28g Roast Potato, Carrots, Brocolli, Gravy (2 syns total).

Snacks: 1 x Mint Kit-Kat (5 syns), 1 x Chocolate marshmallow tea-cake, (2 syns) Wiltshire Ham, 56g Alpen, 500mls semi-skimmed milk, 2 TSP Green & Black's Hot Chocolate. (2 syns)

Total for day: 15

Monday 20th October - day 11

(have stopped writing things down as religiously, must start again otherwise things will start to slip).

Breakfast: 28g Muesli, 250g semi skimmed milk.

Snacks: Banana, Satsuma.

Lunch: Cauliflower curry thing (leftover from Saturday). Kit-Kat (5 syns)

Dinner: Pasta, Sweetcorn, Caramelised onion Mayonnaise, Wiltshire Ham (5 syns).

Total for day: 10

Tuesday 21st October - Day 12

Breakfast: Banana, Punnet of Strawberries, 500ml pot of strawberry fat-free yoghurt.

Lunch: Leftover pasta from last night (synning the ham) - 5 syns, kit-kat (5 syns), 1 x Alpen Light Bar.

Dinner: 28g Cheese, Gnocchi (3 syns) , 1/4 of a jar of red pesto (1 syn), 85g wiltshire ham.

Drink: 1 tsp Hot Chocolate (1 syn) 250mls semi-skimmed milk.

Snack: 1 x alpen light cereal bar.

Syns for day: 15 syns.

Got my new car today - it is great, I am glad I wont have to get the bus to work tomorrow.

Wednesday 22nd October - Day 13

Breakfast: 28g Alpen, 250mls semi-skimmed milk.

Snacks: Plum, Apple, Satsuma.

Lunch: Gammon Steak, Brocolli, Carrots, 225g Jacket Potato, Gravy (1 syn).

Snack: Alpen Light bar (3 syns).

Drinks: 1 tsp Green & Blacks Hot Chocolate (1 syn), 250mls semi-skimmed milk.

Dinner: King Prawn Skewers x 4 (2 syns.

Snack: Mint kit-kat (5 syns)

Total Syns for Day: 12 Syns.

Weigh in tomorrow and I don't feel as though I have lost anything.

There was a birthday at work today and I didn't feel tempted at all by the goodies brought in. It's so much easier to resist temptation when you don't feel hungry!

Back