Yucky soups

Swapping on Minimins is not allowed

Hey loving the splitting and having 5-6 meals a day idea so thanks. Tomatoe n basil is horrid but last night I added (it's gonna sound horrid but was actually nice) a small spoon of my husbands curry. It tasted good.

Especially as I'm Asian and finding it hard when the aromas hit me whilst cooking!

Poor you I'm finding baked potatoes cooking tempting so can only imagine being around the delicious smell of Asian cooking! Keep going it's going to be worth it x weigh in for me tomorrow week 1.

It is sure hard being the cook in the house and on this diet. Was absolutely dying for food earlier so had a boiled egg with lots a salt. So as to not jeopardise ketosis (which has not come yet). Well done you for getting this far n hope you do good tomorrow.

Sometimes i really enjoy them and other times i can't bare the thought of having one.The days i feel like that i just have shakes.

Ditto. But then I think it's a good way of making myself depend less on eating 'tasty' foods to cheer myself up, and just eat to live, rather than living to eat iyswim?

When a soup is particularly bland, such as the mushroom, I do add white pepper to give it a bit of a kick.

Couldn't stand the soups! Ergh. I found them absolutely disgusting and really dreaded eating them. I didn't mind the tomato and basil at first but after a few days I couldn't stomach it anymore. The tai chicken was the most horrid for me.
I originally bought a bumper pack containing soups and shakes, I wont be doing that again! I got rid of my soups and then bought another bumper pack (shakes only).

I must admit, although a TFR diet is hard for me, the taste of the products make it that bit harder (will power is a major thing for me doing this and I lack it)... basically what I'm saying is, I don't even really like the shakes :( but I can stomach them more than the soups.

Hiya,

I have just started day 4 and am finding the shakes really hard going - really creamy and they make me feel sick. I dread having them! I only ordered the shake bumber pack and might order the bars although I read a thread on here that there is a Tesco bar you can get that is the same as the Exante bars and they aren't as harsh on the stomach?

Hey kurly try splitting packs or adding more water. You can aslo ad tablet sweetners.

Hiya,

I have just started day 4 and am finding the shakes really hard going - really creamy and they make me feel sick. I dread having them! I only ordered the shake bumber pack and might order the bars although I read a thread on here that there is a Tesco bar you can get that is the same as the Exante bars and they aren't as harsh on the stomach?

I've found that the vanilla and chocolate benefit from adding some sweetened coffee and whizzing it all up with ice cubes and extra water - makes it more like a frappe (or mocha frappe in the chocolate case) and a bit easier too stomach as it is less creamy.

I can't stand how frothy the soups are, so what i do is empty the sachet into a (very) large mug, add 400ml boiling water, stir it with a whisk til all the lumps are gone, it does take more effort that blending but i think it tastes better. Then i leave it for a bit for the frothy layer on top to settle, then I skim off that layer with a spoon...
it all takes a bit of effort but i think they taste much nicer that way!

Oh my god yes!!! I'm on day 2 and has the veg soup last night which was ok. Had the tomato and basil tonight and it was DISGUSTING!!! I'm dreading the mushroom as I don't really like mushrooms anyway :(. I was actually gagging once I got about half way through my soup tonight and actually left the rest. I said to my boyfriend I would rather go hungry than eat this and I am...starving actually lol Will try again with it another day

x

Hmmm I'm on day 5 n have a bumper pack plus a box of banana shakes so I've just been having bars n shakes. Only had 1 soup Thai chicken n thought it was ok but been putting the rest off lol

When I was on CD I got to the point where I couldn't even smell a soup without feeling sick n defo couldn't drink it! Think I'm assuming they will taste the same!

Think I might try n have as many soups as poss from today like 2 soups n a bar per day just to get rid of them while I'm still quite motivated :) then if I start flagging il just have shakes n bars which I don't mind

I don't enjoy the soups so far either.... Far too creamy?! But I've just had a mushroom one, added LOADS of extra water, scooped the vile foam from the top & sprinkled a ton of chilli powder in too (I'm assuming that's ok??) must say it was much more palatable!! :)

Nicola xx

Back