yummy recipes

sarah5298a1 said:
awww my blender just broke :( going to have to buy one as i make all my own baby food for my son he won't eat the jars, think i will buy a decent one maybe a kenwood chef.

the kfc i though it was ok but not great i won't be rushing to make it again, prefered the doner kebab even though i don't really like the takeaway version. any ideas what seasoning is used on the chicken kebabs in takeaways? tried several times to make it but never tastes right and chicken always seems dry. x

What type of chicken kebab (there are a few), I'll post the secret takeaway recipe when u let me know :)

sarah5298a1 said:
the one i get from the local takeaway is just like pieces of suculent chicken with some type of marinade on them, but i would be greatful of any recipe to try out. :) x

Eek! There are 3 to choose from & I'll be here all night typing on this iPhone lol! There's:

Chicken doner kebab
Chicken barbecue kebab
Chicken shashlik kebab

Which one takes ur fancy? If u substitute the oil they're all pretty much free on EE. Let mr know & I'll type it tomorrow.

God this book is GREAT! Can't wait to try the chinese fried rice!

just made some chicken korma for tea, i made it up as i went along: (syn free on original and ee)

2 chicken breasts, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 handfulls of chopped mushrooms
1.5 tbsp korma curry powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1/2 pint water
2 tsp sweetner
200g tub fat free greek yogurt

fry onion and chicken in fry liight for 5 mins, add mushrooms and curry powder, garlic and cinnamon fry for a further 2 mins, add water and simmer for 15-20mins. season with s&p add the greek yog and sweetner, cook for a few mins on very low heat stirring. do not cook on too high as yog may curdle.

i had this with rice and sw chips, followed by a bowl of superfree fruit. if doing original i would have this with brocolli and roasted chipped carrots.

Chicken shashlick kebab

2 tbsp veg oil (optional)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp Ginger powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
1/4 tsp sweetener
Small handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
Pinch salt & black pepper
1 large skinless chicken breast
1 onion, 1 pepper chopped into large pieces

Cut chicken into small thin strips.
Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl.
Marinade chicken for 4 hrs, preferably overnight.
Preheat oven to 200C/ 400F/gas mark 6
Arrange chicken on wire rack over baking tray & bake for 8 mins, turn & bake for another 8 mins. Turn once more and bake for 2-3 mins or until just beginning to char.
Dry fry onions & peppers, stir fry 5-6 mins.
Serve chicken, onion & peppers in a pitta salad.

Enjoy!

sarah5298a1 said:
just got my malt salt and bacon salt in the pst today, along with my crisp maker and rose water :D

tried the malt salt- very nice can't wait to try it on sw crisps n chips and the bacon one is amazing bith syn free
has one pne got th micro crisp maker??

going to make the turkish delight recipe with the rose wait! can't wait :D

What are malt salt and bacon salt? They sound intriguing!! Where do you get them from? Ta x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What are malt salt and bacon salt? They sound intriguing!! Where do you get them from? Ta x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

its seasoning - salt and vinegar flavoured and bacon flavour they are very tasty - like the seasoning used on crisps - syn free. i got them from ebay but they are out of stock at the mo you can get them from /www.crazy4flavour.co.uk

they are quite expensive but i reckon they will last for ages as it is strong flavoured xx

Chicken shashlick kebab

2 tbsp veg oil (optional)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp Ginger powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
1/4 tsp sweetener
Small handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
Pinch salt & black pepper
1 large skinless chicken breast
1 onion, 1 pepper chopped into large pieces

Cut chicken into small thin strips.
Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl.
Marinade chicken for 4 hrs, preferably overnight.
Preheat oven to 200C/ 400F/gas mark 6
Arrange chicken on wire rack over baking tray & bake for 8 mins, turn & bake for another 8 mins. Turn once more and bake for 2-3 mins or until just beginning to char.
Dry fry onions & peppers, stir fry 5-6 mins.
Serve chicken, onion & peppers in a pitta salad.

Enjoy!

got this marinading in the fridge for tea! can't wait x

Back