yummy recipes

im doing sw kfc tonight too! got the bovril and mxed spice in..im scared lol any last minute tips?xxxx

dammit the chicken is off! xx

the chicken was off so i couldnt have it :'( xxx

lol! i know! i was very sad :( xxx

Onion Bhaji’s

Ingredients:

200g/7oz onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
50g/2oz Gram Flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp deseeded and chopped fresh green chilli
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp baking powder
Salt
Fry light

To serve:

Pinch of paprika

Instructions:
Place the onions, gram flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, green chilli, chopped coriander and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then, using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.
Preheat the oven to 220c/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and using your fingers or a dessertspoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to give you 12 bhaji’s.
Spray with fry light and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately sprinkled with the paprika.
1 syn each on all plans

not tried these yet - just got the recipe from a thread on here, apparently they taste like the real thing

sarah5298a1 said:
Onion Bhaji's

Ingredients:

200g/7oz onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
50g/2oz Gram Flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp deseeded and chopped fresh green chilli
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp baking powder
Salt
Fry light

To serve:

Pinch of paprika

Instructions:
Place the onions, gram flour, lemon juice, cumin, coriander seeds, green chilli, chopped coriander and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then, using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.
Preheat the oven to 220c/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and using your fingers or a dessertspoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to give you 12 bhaji's.
Spray with fry light and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately sprinkled with the paprika.
1 syn each on all plans

not tried these yet - just got the recipe from a thread on here, apparently they taste like the real thing

I'd say this is from the takeaway secret too, must get gram flour & coriander seeds then give these a whirl.

It's not essential to use gram flour, normal flour will do if you haven't got gram flour.

Back