2 tsp celery salt
2 tsp english mustard power
2 tsp white pepper
4 tbsp artificial sweetener
225ml red wine vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce

Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer sauce gently for 40-45mins, stiring occasionly
Remove from heat, season with salt and allow to cool.
Blend mix in food processor, then sieve into a jug.
Pour into sterilised, sealable containers
Sauce keeps for upto 3 weeks in fridge

Almond flan with chocolate sauce
1/2 tub of quark
4 eggs
4 tbsp sweetner
1 tsp baking powder (1/2 syn)
1 tsp almond flavouring

for the sauce
1 tsp cocoa (1/2 syn)
1/2 tub quark
3 tbsp sweetner
3 tbsp fat free nat yog

separate all the eggs
mix the yolks with 1/2 tub of the quark, baking powder, almond flavouring & 4 tbsp sweetener & whisk. in a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff
then whisk half of the egg white into the other mixture then fold in the rest of the egg whites

Spread mixture onto flan dish sprayed with frylight, or lined with greaseproof paper

bake in oven gas mark 4 for 20mins

mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and whisk until smooth and runny

serve a warm slice of flan with some chocolate sauce and some fruit

1 syn for the lot

almond flan

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 312
elderflower cordial - very nice

10 heads of elderflower
5 cups of sweetner
600ml water
1 unwaxed lemon
1.5 oz citric acid (can get this from chemist)

1. Shake the elderflowers to expel any lingering insects, and then place in a large bowl.

2. Put the sweetner into a pan with the water and bring up to the boil, stirring until the sweetner has completely dissolved.

3. While the 'sugar (sweetner) syrup' is heating, pare the zest of the lemon off in wide strips and toss into the bowl with the elderflowers. Slice the lemon, discard the ends, and add the slices to the bowl. Pour over the boiling syrup, and then stir in the citric acid. Cover with a cloth and then leave at room temperature for 24 hours.

4. Next day, strain the cordial through a sieve lined with muslin (or a new j-cloth rinsed out in boiling water), and pour into thoroughly cleaned glass or plastic bottles. Screw on the lids and pop into the cupboard ready to use.

I will be trying that almond flan! I know they do almond flavouring in town :D

no i like the idea of almond flavouring it might save me from munching down all the marzipan when i do my daughters birthday cake lol

Syn Free Ketchup
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp celery salt
2 tsp english mustard power
2 tsp white pepper
4 tbsp artificial sweetener
225ml red wine vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce

Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer sauce gently for 40-45mins, stiring occasionly
Remove from heat, season with salt and allow to cool.
Blend mix in food processor, then sieve into a jug.
Pour into sterilised, sealable containers
Sauce keeps for upto 3 weeks in fridge

just made the syn free ketchup its nice but a bit tangy, definately got a kick to it! x

i am loving your gingerbread placemate thingys! wherd u get them hunni ? my daughter would love them! xxx

haha! aww thanks hun, i will have to look online i think! my little one loves gingerbread men lol xxxx

Almond flan with chocolate sauce
1/2 tub of quark
4 eggs
4 tbsp sweetner
1 tsp almond flavouring

for the sauce
1 tsp cocoa (1/2 syn)
1/2 tub quark
3 tbsp sweetner
3 tbsp fat free nat yog

separate all the eggs
mix the yolks with 1/2 tub of the quark, baking powder, almond flavouring & 4 tbsp sweetener & whisk. in a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff
then whisk half of the egg white into the other mixture then fold in the rest of the egg whites

Spread mixture onto flan dish sprayed with frylight, or lined with greaseproof paper

mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and whisk until smooth and runny

serve a warm slice of flan with some chocolate sauce and some fruit

1 syn for the lot

just made a savory version of this used the eggs, quark then 2 hex a of cheese lea & perrings s&p, forgot to put in baking powder. oooppsss! still turned out ok more like a soufle - eat it hot yummy! will try again maybe tomorrow with the baking powder x

Chocolate and coconut flan (2.5 syns)
1/2 tub of quark
4 eggs
4 tbsp sweetner
1 tsp cocoa (1/2 syn)
1 tsp desicated coconut (1.5 syns)

separate all the eggs
mix the yolks with 1/2 tub of the quark, baking powder, cocoa and coconut & 4 tbsp sweetener & whisk. in a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff

tastes lovely! :)

sarah5298a1 said:
went out for some lunch last week to Guys tearoom near scaling dam - i got a salad n it was delishious it had loads of fruit on it - orange, apple, melons topped with cottage cheese - the fruit tasted lush with the cottage cheese. i thought i may have been tempted to a scone with cream n jam but i was so full after the salad :) x

Good for u! Wouldn't have thought of fruit on a salad!

Back