yummy recipes

please feel free to call me thick but which book is it that you all bought can someone give me the full name or post a link coz i cant find it thank you

i have tried the scan bran "toffee cake thingy" and i thought it was foul! it actually tasted better when it was just mushed scan bran lol xxx

the takeaway secret i got mine off ebay
thanx downloaded the Kindle version. I made the donner meat the other day and wow will defo be having that ready for me after a night on the town

thanx downloaded the Kindle version. I made the donner meat the other day and wow will defo be having that ready for me after a night on the town

i am going to make the basic curry sauce recipe from this book and get cracking through all the curry recipes. but i have never heard of coconut powder???? do you know where i can get it or an allternative? xx

Some brilliant suggestions, thanks to you all.

Budget Recipes - Netmums

another good site for recipes on a budget - trying to make some cut backs - tips and ideas welcome :) xx

heres a recipe of this site i will be trying this one soon

Lentil Spaghetti Bolognese

(serves 4-6)
one large onion
two cloves garlic
150g dried red lentils
mushrooms - as many as you want
bouillon powder
brown or white spaghetti
cans tomatoes x 2
cheese and basil (optional)

Gently fry the onions and garlic in a drop of olive oil. Add the lentils and fry gently until pale.

Add two cans of tomatoes. Pop in a teaspoon or two of bouillon.Stir well and simmer for half an hour.

If the sauce looks too thick, add some boiled water, during the cooking time.

this sounds like it could be a nice recipe just come across it on here:

baked bean lasagne

1 onion
some mushrooms
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tins of baked beans
garlic to taste
worcestershire sauce (splash)
soy sauce (splash)
lasagne sheets

Fry the onions and mushrooms using frylight.

Add all the other ingredients and stir in well together.

In a lasagne dish - layer the tomatoe mixture at the bottom and then cover with some lasagna sheets (the ones that dont need pre soaking) and repeat finishing with the tomato mixture on top.

Cover and bake in the oven on Gas 7 for about 30 mins.

Remove from the oven and grate over half fat cheese (from healthy A allowance)

Pop back in the oven for 5 more mins until the cheese is melted.

Serve with SW chips or loads of veg - warning though it is very filling!

Recipes

Hi All.
Try these recipes, the BBQ sauce is great as a dip.
Pete

Pete’s KFC Chicken Drumsticks

6 Chicken Drumsticks
1tsp mixed herbs
1tsp Knorr Aromat
4 slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 tsp Paprika
Pepper
3 eggs
Greaseproof paper to cover an oven tray

Place three slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf into the microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes, remove and allow to cool.

When breadcrumbs are cold place into a mini grinder with the herbs, paprika & Aromat and season with Pepper grind to a fine powder, place in a medium size plastic bag.

Prepare an oven tin by covering the inside with greaseproof paper.

Break the eggs into a small dish.

Set oven to 180c

Place the Chicken Drumsticks into a saucepan of water, bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for 5 mins, remove drumsticks and allow to cool.

When cool remove the skin, you should have a moist piece of Chicken.

Firstly dip the drumstick in the egg and then holding the bone of the drumstick, place into the bag, close the open end of the bag and holding it tightly, shake until the drumstick is covered with the breadcrumb mix. Remove and place on the baking tray, adding breadcrumbs where they are missing!
Cook for about 15-18 mins or until the drumsticks look nicely browned…

Serve with salad.

Knorr Aromat 90g tub

1 teaspoon:

Kcal =8.05
Carbs =0.75
Sugar =0.40
Fat =0.18
Sat fat =0.09
Sodium =1.17
Salt based
On Sodium=2.90

Pete’s Spicy BBQ sauce

Serves 4
Syn Free

Ingredients

1 onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp. mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz. passata
3 tbsp. artificial sweetener
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacken pepper.

Balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce that is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a BBQ.

Method

Spray a pan with fry light and sauté the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Blitz with a hand blender for a finer mix.

Check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

Freezer friendly.

For BBQ Baked beans add 1 Tbsp to a large tin of Baked Beans, great!

Pete’s Baked Egg Custards 3
(Original recipe from Minimins)

Serves 6
Free if you use your Milk as Hea

Ingredients

3 Large Eggs
400mL skimmed Milk
(From your daily allowance)
4 Heaped Tbsp sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Nutmeg

Method

Preheat the oven, set at 150c.
Warm the milk, whisk the eggs, vanilla & sweetener.
Pour the warm milk onto the eggs mixture, stirring as you go.
Pour into ramekins and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Use a tin with a wire tray inside, place the ramekins on it and fill the tin with boiling water until it is halfway up the ramekins.

Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins or until they are set.
Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0161 (Large) (2).JPG
    IMG_0161 (Large) (2).JPG
    128 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0158 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0158 (Large).JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0200 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0200 (Large).JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Egg Custard-4 (Large).JPG
    Egg Custard-4 (Large).JPG
    243 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0187 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0187 (Large).JPG
    121 KB · Views: 169
syn free lemon curd

Ingredients:
Juice of 2 large lemons, strained
1/2 cup sweetner
2 large eggs
4 tbsp lemon zest
Preparation:
Place strained lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on low and stir until sugar has dissolved.

Lightly beat egg in a medium bowl.

Remove lemon syrup from heat and pour slowly into beaten egg while stirring the mixture with a whisk. Continue to whisk by hand for one minute.

Return mixture to saucepan; add lemon zest, and heat on low until it thickens -- about two minutes.

Remove from heat. Transfer to a container and cover (to prevent a skin from forming), then refrigerate.

Makes 1 cup

sarah5298a1 said:
syn free lemon curd

Ingredients:
Juice of 2 large lemons, strained
1/2 cup sweetner
2 large eggs
4 tbsp lemon zest
Preparation:
Place strained lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on low and stir until sugar has dissolved.

Lightly beat egg in a medium bowl.

Remove lemon syrup from heat and pour slowly into beaten egg while stirring the mixture with a whisk. Continue to whisk by hand for one minute.

Return mixture to saucepan; add lemon zest, and heat on low until it thickens -- about two minutes.

Remove from heat. Transfer to a container and cover (to prevent a skin from forming), then refrigerate.

Makes 1 cup

I'm going to try this tomorrow. I'm allergic to dairy and the only other syn free lemon curd I can find has quark in, thank you so much!!

Back