zebredys' Weight Loss Diary (new)

Guess what? My hubby and I walked 11 and a half miles yesterday :) felt like a lot more I can tell you, but nethertheless I'm well cuffed with that. Gona be doing that again not this weekend but the one after that as I worked out that it was 10.9miles from our place to Lakeside going through Upminster. Can't wait to tackle that.

Some other good news was when we got to the shops I decided it was time to finally take looking for some new trousers seriously. After having no luck in Primark we headed over to Sainsburys where they had loads of trouser and tops going for half price. I was so shocked when I saw there basics range jeans that were £4 each, were also half price. Had to grab me a pair or two of them. What suprised me the most was that they had the sizes I wanted in stock. Usually they have every size but the ones I want on offer..

Picked up a 14short and cause there slightly too lose in a few places, I also picked up a 12 as well :) for £2 a pair who can argue with that. Trust me when I say if they had, had more for that price I would have taken them too. I mean I'm still losing weight so what's the point of spending £10 or more on trousers I'm gona soon be getting rid of when I can get these basic no thrills ones for £2 each.

Still not to happy with the very fat thighs and bum I saw in the mirror in Sainsburys when I was trying on my trousers (and the fact I still have quite a way to to with my stomach) but I'm definitely a lot thinner then I used to be :)

All in all a good day was had by all yesterday. Lets hope my hubby and I have a good day on Wednesday as well, when it comes to the weigh in. And good luck to everyone else weighing in this week (my fingers are crossed for you too)

Last edited:
Well done to u and ur hubby! U are both doing amazingly! Well done for ur walk :) inspirational dream team :) xx

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while but I have had a lot of things going on in the flat. Main one being that the fridge/freezer packed up on us so we had to hunt around for a new one and get that put in as soon as possible. Thats now all sorted and we have a nice new unit in the kitchen which I was able to fill with over 8 bags of shopping for less then £60 (pays to know when your local supermarkets are reducing the meat and veg)

Last week I lost 2.5lbs and my hubby lost 1lbs, we both only need to lose a lbs each and we reach our 10% goal. I'm not sure if I will make it or not, as I did use quite a few of my weekly points at the beginning of the week (a few more then I usually use) but we shall see. Even if I STS I will be ok with that. I know some people frown on doing this, but so far my home scales are showing 9st 10 and a half, and there often 1.5-2lbs above what the scales at the meeting show, but as I said we shall see. No use crying about spilt milk, all I know is when I did go over I made the effort to point everything so at least I didn't hide the fact that I might gain this week cause I had some chocolate whoopie things from tesco (which were lovely by the way)

My hubby says he has had a bad week and that what with the fridge/freezer and other things, he hopes that if he gains, its only a 1lbs or 2. He also said he will be right on track next week and will defiantly be in the 14's by his 40 birthday (not counting what he might gain tonight he only has 6-7lbs to go so not such a tall order consider his 40th isn't till the beginning of November). He didn't do to well on the pointing this week, and that kind of started a small argument at home. I think that even if you eat to much and maybe go way over your points allowance one day or even for a whole week, you should still point it, so you have a visual reference of exactly where you went wrong which might also help you in the future to not make the same mistakes again. He said 'look I f'd up I'll be back on it 100% next week' I just don't want him to ever get complacent about all this as I'm afraid he may one day end up giving up on it all.

I dunno, anyway here's to tonights weigh in and fingers crossed my pointing everything and cutting back on using my weekly points after the two bad days of going way over into my weekly allowance will help, but only time will tell. Again fingers crossed for an STS (knowing my hubbies luck I'll gain and he will lose something silly like 3lbs but we shall see)

Good luck to everyone else out there trying to lose weight at the moment, hope you are all doing well too..

Well Matt and I both lost 1lbs this week meaning we reached our 10% goals, woohoo...

Now I only have 7.5lbs to go and then I'm a gold member :) My hubby still has a long way to go, but that doesn't matter cause whether I reach my goal next week, next month, or even next year, I'll still be here for him helping every step of the way..

Congratulations to you both on your losses.
I also do ww with my husband but I go to the meetings alone and he has to look after the kids. I find it is either great to have a common focus or, more often, totally destructive. My husband was more overweight than me in terms of BMI and since November he has taken off and put on pretty much the same weight and I have lost just short of 2 1/2 stones. I have just had to be selfish and let him do what he wants and me eat my way when I want - I think by going it alone he has been able to see that it is working and I am lighter, healthier and happier but if I nagged (which is my default setting for everything) his mental shutters would just come down. Anyway, in the last couple of weeks he has started to really go for it and has lost 7lbs in the last fortnight so hopefully he is on track now (moreso than me - grr!)
Sorry to have a bit of a rant on your thread there!

I am subscribing ot your thread and look forward to your gold moment very soon

Well done for both getting ur 10% losses thats brill!! Xx

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but been really busy walking everywhere with my hubby (think he wants to walk me to death lol, its almost getting a bit OTT) plus with the fridge/freezer going, I decided to organise the whole kitchen, and now that I'm a better house wife I spend my time trying to put this flat into some sort of order (not quite got the hang of this tidying stuff but I'm getting there)

Last week I lost 1.5lbs and my hubby lost 2.5lbs go us hey. That means to date I have lost 44.5lbs (with only 6lbs to go till I'm a gold member) and my hubby has lost around 50lbs since first ever doing WW over a year ago. He says he has 48lbs to go and as I said before, I'm gona be with him on this weight loss journey till he loses the last one of those 48lbs

Anyway every week I like to post a message on Facebook just letting my friends know how much I have lost that week. One of my friends said I was an inspiration but I'm not too sure about that, as there are far more people out there who have worked a lot harder and come a lot further then me. I mean yes I have done well so far, but I'm lucky I have a supportive hubby by my side. What about people like my mum who are trying to lose weight while my dad is still offering her those cream cakes. I think people like her are much more of an inspiration then I'll ever be.

I'm not going to end by saying 'if we can do it anyone can' cause that's kind of putting myself down, but its true though, if you are in the right frame of mind and have the right supportive people around you, WW really is that easy to do.

Got WI tomorrow and hoping to be at least 1lb closer to being a gold member (that will certainly save us a few quid a month)

Sorry for going on, and good luck to everyone else trying to lose the weight, you can do it...

U are an inspiration! U are amazing! U deserve every last lb lost :) this journey had it's own challenges for everyone and u are nearly at completion! That makes u inspirational to me!! Xx

So on Wednesday I lost another 1lbs (meaning I only have 5lbs left to go) and my hubby lost 1.5lbs

We must be doing something right as I'm mostly eating healthy but I'm still having chocolate and the odd bad meal each week.

As I said before, must be all the extra walking we are doing together. Think I walked another 4-5miles today, not as much as before but every little helps.

Anyway here's to another lose this week too. And the same goes to everyone else..

That's fab :) u are doing amazingly well :) well done for all exercise ;) xx

Forgot to mention that we went out for an Indian on Saturday (pointed it as best I could, though had a little extra nan bread which doesn't seem to have hindered my weight loss so far)

Anyway before we went to the restaurant my hubby decided (the night before) to try on some of this shirts as he had no idea what he was wearing out. Wow is all I can say. Some his shirts looked big enough on him that he could have almost pulled one side right round and done it up at the back (if there were buttons there)..

As for trouser, such a good job I like wearing mens jeans (they fit my shape better) and kept the ones I grew out of. His jeans nearly fell off him they were so big. He tried on a pair of my loose fit jeans (a size 38) and they fit, so he has gone from a 44w to a 38/40w woohoo..

Paid a visit to the local charity shop on Saturday, some of the clothes had not been warn in ages and looked as good as new, he says he is not going back to that size ever and wanted those clothes gone ASAP.

Thats what you get for wearing baggy joggers and t-shirts round the house for weeks on end, you just don't realise how much you have really lost, and when you do come to try stuff on you realise almost none of it fits anymore, and for the right reasons this time (to big for you rather then too small)

Yet again another reason I love my hubby so so so much. When he puts his mind to doing something he usually sees it through to the finish.

I mean next year he wants to do a night time marathon. He has to walk 26 and a bit miles over night, starting at 8pm. As I said before when he puts his mind to doing something, almost nothing will stop him (well unless in this case the event gets called off).

Anyway, it's our anniversary next week. I know I won't reach my goal of being at gold member by then (could maybe have pushed myself a little harder with regards to doing my wii fit exercises) but at least my hubby should reach his goal of being under 15stone for the first time in over 10years (go him)

My friends from the group we go to, said they would put something towards his 40th birthday present (a flying lesson) which he is getting to do next week (due to us having a week off and cause the weather should be a lot better then it might be in November) if they do keep there end of the deal then he is in for a real treat next week.

If not well we are still going out on the Wednesday (day after anniversary) after our weekly WI and gona have a pizza express meal together (to celebrate) as we have a 2 for 1 voucher for there and cause we have the eating out guide and have already worked out what we are eating before we go there, plus its a place we both like to go to and well it is a special occasion that only happens once a year..

Hoping to loose more then 1lb this week but any lose is a step in right direction.

Oh and good luck for everyone else out there who reads my long-winded posts. Hope you loose too..

Oooo exciting stuff about nsv with shirts for hubby :) have a fab anniversary! Hope ur hubby gets his goals and u will get there soon enough :) xx

Lost 2lbs yesterday and my hubby lost 1.5lbs, go us. Now I only have 3lbs to go till gold, and my hubby is finally under 15stone.

He worked it out and says its the first time he's been in 14's for over 15 years, 15 years wow go him hey...

Anyway at the moment I'm wondering if I can lose 3lbs in one week. It's not impossible but very unlikely. If I do want to have a shot at losing anywhere near that amount I'm gona have to do a hell of a lot more exercise and maybe have a few days where I only go over into my weeklies by 1-2 points so my body doesn't end up going into starvation mode by accident.

We shall see, would be great if I could lose that much but I'm not going to be to upset if I don't, after all I did say before in my last post that I was slacking somewhat when it came to using the Wii and Wii Fit. So here's to walking at least 5 miles a day and doing at least 1 hr on the will at least 3-4 time before WI (hubby has next week off so we are going out walking a lot together so may not be able to use Wii every day)

Fingers crossed for this coming Wednesday, and good luck again to everyone else out there also trying to lose weight, it may seem a daunting task, but you will get there. Persistence is the key to winning the battle of the bulge...

God ye are doing FANTASTIC !!!. Those last few pounds can be sticky though . Think of it this way whats another week ?? you know you will get there now .Think of that feeling when you stand on the scales and hit your goal . BRILLIANT . Fab work done by hubby too .

God ye are doing FANTASTIC !!!. Those last few pounds can be sticky though . Think of it this way whats another week ?? you know you will get there now .Think of that feeling when you stand on the scales and hit your goal . BRILLIANT . Fab work done by hubby too .

Thanks for the reply

My hubby said if it takes two weeks it takes two weeks, but that I would still get there in the end. It would just be nice to be gold at the nearest WI to our 3rd anniversary, but hey so long as I don't gain this week, I will be ok, as a loss is a loss is a loss lol.

My hubby is paying for us both to go to meetings at the moment while I am out of work. I did a security course as I want to be a security trained receptionist like my hubby is, just got to wait for my pass to come through the post before I can apply for work.

I want to get to gold cause yes ultimately I want to be a healthier me, but I keep thinking £5 a week equates to £260 a year, and we need all the money we can get at the mo (don't most people) so the earlier I can become a gold member the more money I can save my hubby.

Anyway while I'm still loosing weight I don't need to spend loads on clothes that will end up not fitting, so Primark/sports direct type shops do me just fine for now. My hubby said when I reach gold he wants to give me the next months weight watchers money I would have spent if I wasn't a gold member yet as a little reward, to go and get some new clothes, or join the martial arts group near us I was thinking of going to(what ever I want) but with him sometimes doing 72-84hrs a week at work (a normal week is 6-6 Monday - Friday 60hrs a week) I feel bad about him giving me that money, when I know he wont not let me take it..

Trying to get to gold as quick as possible in order to help save him money (though as said above is not the main reason) when he is gona give me next months payments £20 anyway, I can't win lol

I did marry a great man, that's why as I said before, I'm 100% committed to going each week with him even when I do become a gold member and then loose the last 1stone after that, that I want to loose to get me back to where I was 5-6years ago..

(Excuse the fact I keep getting my loss and lose etc wrong, I'm trying lol but maybe my dyslexia has a part to play in it)

Last edited:
Wow :) u two are amazing :) xxx

Back