• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Zero ProPoint Jam

Dubchick81

Finally Pregnant!!
S: 12st5lb C: 12st8.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 28.5 Loss: -0st3.5lb(-2.02%)
Zero ProPoint Jam...

Stuff you need
1 box of frozen fruit
1 sachet of sugar free jelly.
Pan
Wooden spoon
Clean jam jar, or even a a plastic container will do.

1. First put the fruit in a pan and warm on a low heat until it is starting to lose shape.
2. Then mash the fruit using a potato masher.
Nb. My jam has lots of "bits" in it from the seeds. I don't mind this at all, the fibre is good for you but if you hate bits then I think it would be fine to sieve the mixture at this point.
3. Leave the mix to cool a bit then add a sachet of sugar free jelly and mix well.
4. Pour the mix into a jar and place into the fridge to set. It might be advisable to leave the mix to cool if you have a glass jar.
5. Leave in the fridge overnight or for a few hours to set

I got the above recipe from a blog on here.. Which I now can't find!!!
Just wondering if anyone can tell me... Do I need to use the standard block of Hartleys Jelly... OR... Jelly Crystals?????
I made a portion of this on Tuesday but it hasn't set and was just wondering if I done something wrong... Or if I should have used jelly crystals?
Thanks for yer help... :confused:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

hannata

I can haz cake?
S: 280lb C: 249.0lb G: 208.5lb BMI: 35.7 Loss: 31lb(11.07%)
it won't set if you just put the powdered stuff in as is....

(i had this problem making a cheesecake lol)

You have to mix it with hot water, activates the crystalisation. (i used to used about 1/3 cup boiled water when i made mine and stirred well)

Jelly blocks arent sugar free..

Dia Dhuit Puisín

is back on the wagon!
S: 12st10.5lb G: 9st9.5lb
Thanks Dubchick81, I'm going to try that recipe. It sounds lovely.

Dubchick81

Finally Pregnant!!
Thanks Dubchick81, I'm going to try that recipe. It sounds lovely.
As I said I made it Tuesday with raspberries.. It is nice.. Just very very watery..
So will hafta make it again with crystals and hopefully it turns out better :)

Anyone know if this can be frozen??? Coz it makes a HUGE batch!!

S: 17st12lb C: 17st8lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 0st4lb(1.6%)
Mmmmm! This sounds lush! I love jam - think I'll have a go at this at the weekend! Thank you!

Leanne F

S: 13st7.5lb C: 11st5lb G: 9st11lb Loss: 2st2.5lb(16.09%)
I made this last night (mixed berry flavour). I had some with a toasted crompet this morning and it was yum! But I found the "bits" fell 2 the bottom of the jar leaving mainly jelly at the top but still tasted good.

Dubchick81

Finally Pregnant!!
I made this last night (mixed berry flavour). I had some with a toasted crompet this morning and it was yum! But I found the "bits" fell 2 the bottom of the jar leaving mainly jelly at the top but still tasted good.
Leanne did your jam set properly?? If yes, HOW did you do it?? I can't seem to get mine right... VERY annoying!!! :confused:

Leanne F

yes mine set. I bought the individual sachets of sugar free jelly which makes up to 570 ml of jelly per sachet (its powdered). I done everthing the same as the instruction until i had to add the jelly. then i mixed 1 sachet with half a pint of boiling water in a jug before adding to the fruit. Poured it into jars and it set overnight. I hope I've managed to explain everything clearly enough, if you've any more problems with it give me a shout. Happy jam making :D

Leanne F

I added a dash of cold water prob about 20ml. I thought it would make it too much like just jelly if there was too much water

Jackieb68

Silver Member
S: 13st7lb C: 10st0.5lb G: 10st8.5lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 3st6.5lb(25.66%)
I found this thread earlier on my phone and was soooo excited! I went out and bought 4 mini kilner jars (in B&M). Had a tin of John West strawberries in fruit juice, drained and mashed the life out of them. Made strawberry jelly sachet with half pint of boiling water, added the fruit and a splash of cold water.
They fill the jars perfectly, now to see if it sets and tastes as good as it looks....... (mouth watering......)
Whoever/wherever this came from ~ THANK YOU!!!

Jackie xx

Dubchick81

Finally Pregnant!!
The strawberry is luvly Jackie... Just I can't seem to set mine right.. Doesn't stop my bloody Dad eating it all on me tho :mad:
Let me know how u get on with ur batch :D x

Dia Dhuit Puisín

is back on the wagon!
S: 12st10.5lb G: 9st9.5lb
I tried making some strawberry jam tonight. To make it different I blitzed the strawberries before I added the jelly. I'll be having some of it tomorrow so I'll let ye know how I got on.

Jackieb68

Silver Member
The most important bit is that it's ZERO points!! Lol.
I'm at the fridge every half hour checking on it...... Sigh xx

Jackieb68

Silver Member
OMG!! Just checked again and they are looking good!! I'm almost tempted to make toast now....... Think I'll let them set overnight and have some with brekkie! J xx

Leanne F

OK so 570ml hot water. 20ml cold.. Then add the fruit to the jelly? Or the jelly mix to the fruit??
I added the jelly mix into the saucepan with the fruit kept it on the heat a min stiring to make sure it was well mixed before dividing into jars :)