Zombiecakes' Food Diary - Mostly green with some EE

zombiecakes

Will be slinky!
Hey, i write down what i eat everyday, but i don't take the form with me to work. However, i browse here at work quite a bit (ah the joy of PhD procrastinating) so why not keep a diary here too. Hopefully ppl reading will also keep me on the straight and narrow :angeldevil:

I do mainly green days with a few EE thrown in.

I've gained 3 stone since starting my PhD nearly 3 years ago (After yo-yo dieting beforehand for years with gaining and losing) well with losing and gaining some along the way, but my start weight is heavier than i've ever been. Sick of being miserable about my weight, so this time i'm losing it in a sustainable none starvation manner and i WILL keep the weight off

Bf is doing it with me as recently he has put some weight on too so we're doing it together to feel better in ourselves, and also to be healthier! He doesn't attend class with me, but weighs at home and the scales are saying good things :D

Last edited:
Wednesday [Green]:

Skipped breakfast (i know, not a good thing, but i can't really face food of a morning)

Lunch

2 Mullerlights, apple, peach, alpen bar

Dinner

Bolognase
-Quorn mince
-Onion
-Passata
-Tinned chopped tomatoes
-Peppers
-Mushrooms
-Butter beans
-Kidney beans
-Asparagus
Had with pasta bows and cheese
v. om nom!

Mullerlight and alpen bar for pudding

Healthy A's

350ml skimmed milk (in the copious amounts of tea/coffee i drink)
42g Cathedral City Light

Healthy B's

5 x Laughing Cow Light triangles
2 x Alpen Light

Exercise
31 minutes giving it quite a bit on the cross-trainer

Last edited:
Thursday [EE]:

Breakfast

Mullerlight

Lunch

Reheated bolognase from last night with noodles

Dinner

SW KFC
SW chips
Mushy peas (hoping to eat these shortly as tin opener was in the running dishwasher when dinner was ready ><)

Healthy A's

350ml skimmed milk

Healthy B's

Wholemeal bread made into breadcrumbs for KFC

Not eaten much fruit today! Might have some cherries whilst watching Junior Apprentice repeat (As missed it earlier :p)

Last edited:
I know i'm missing syns atm, but Saturday i go to London and then Sunday i go to France until Wednesday for a conference with my PhD where i will have no control over what i eat (completely catered and i CANNOT afford to eat other than what they give me) so going to try and limit portion size and free wine. Although having to give a 5 minute talk and then get grilled on a paper i've written for 45 mins so i will NEED some of the wine!:cry:

BUT when i get back on Wednesday night i'll be straight back to the plan 100%

Friday [Green]:

Breakfast

Alpen Light bar and 2 Shape zero yogurts

Lunch

Subway (not counting any bread as healthy B) 13 syns

Dinner

Risotto made just with risotto rice and stockcubes, i love it!
MASSIVE salad containing:
-Cucumber
-Tomatoes
-Spinach
-Peppers
-Beetroot
-Red Onion
-Balsamic Vinegar and lemon juice

Snacks - Cherries

Healthy A's

Skimmed Milk - for the copious amounts of coffee i'm going to need today!

Healthy B's

Alpen Bars

Last edited:
Good to plan ahead and save some syns for the weekend. Good Luck on the presentation of your paper!
Just noticed for Wed. you put the LC cheese under a HEB, but it's actually a HEA. Thurs/Fri notings: Maybe also try to fit in some more free foods (fruits) as snacks during the day to make up for the 1/3.

I was on a green day so i can count my LC as a HEB :)

I usually eat a lot of fruit, just had to wait for the weekly shop to arrive with more fruit in :)

About to fall off the wagon after hell of a shitty day :(

No i know, i managed to walk home and avoid all the takeaways and shops. Going to have risotto and lots of salad. Since can't eat "properly" from tomorrow until Thursday there's no point in making it worse. Plus will have bad days in the future so i should start as i mean to go on.

I was on a green day so i can count my LC as a HEB :)

I usually eat a lot of fruit, just had to wait for the weekly shop to arrive with more fruit in :)

Oops..just checked the HEB for the Red Days when I replied yesterday. Thanks for pointing that out as I didn't know that LC were part of a HEB for Green days.

Oh dear, not looking good for being able to eat well at my conference.
And yesterday in London...let's just not talk about it! Avoided pudding at dinner today and piled on the veggies rather than pastry (Although i can't avoid all the "bad" food or i might starve and it's a case of eat what you're given. Doesn't mean i have to have dessert but i WILL get completely back on track when i get home, try and undo the damage!

So back from the conference late last night (after 14 hours of travel, urgh!!) so i'm shattered and enjoying a lazy day today. Nothing exciting to eat i don't think, or nothing that requires a lot of effort. Decided to go on a Red day (my first ever) as fancied tonnes of ham and 4 healthy extras (Feeling the urge for bread and laughing cow). Bf is out this eve so means i can do a red day without worrying :D

Breakfast was skipped - i know but i was having a lie in and i really didn't feel like eating

Lunch
Going to spread this over the course of the afternoon, not hungry enough to eat one big meal but just feel like grazing
- Ham
- 2 cups of tea
- Strawberries
- Shape zero yogurt

Dinner
Realised i really don't like the cold chicken breast in the fridge so dinner is slightly different plan
Ham
Cauliflower
Cheese HEA
Salad containing:
-Cucumber
-Tomato
-Spring Onion
-Pepper
-Beetroot
-Mushroom

HEA
42g Cathedral Light Cheese
5 Laughing Cow Light Triangles

HEB
2 slices bread from 400g loaf

Snacks
Toast with Laughing Cow
Strawberries

Oops didn't realise you couldn't have cheese as a HEB on red days! So synning my milk in tea. I barely have a splash so over the course of teas in the day i'm going to say i've had 2 syns (i've checked the value for syns and worked on i was having less than 100 ml of skimmed milk

Thought I'd add exercise - Just done 20 mins moderate exercise on the cross trainer, with 1 min going full pelt :whacky068:

Last edited:
Friday - EE

Today doing EE as having low syn sausages for tea

Just grazing atm,
-Ham
-Tea
-Pasta with HEA

Dinner
NOT a fan of the low syn sausages (Tesco Cumberland Lighter choices) so didn't eat them bar a tiny bite to taste :sign0137:
Instead had:
Ham
Baked potato
Mushy peas
HUGE salad containing:
-Cucumber
-Tomato
-Spring Onion
-Beetroot
-Gherkins
-Pepper

Going to have some wine whilst watching the football :party0036:(within syns i hope) and some bacon butties later :eat:(which will count as lunch :p)

Lunch :airquote:
Bacon butties

HEA
42g Cathedral Light cheese

HEB
2 slices Wholemeal bread from 400g loaf

Syns
175ml of white wine 7 syns
Tablespoon of light mayonnaise 2 syns
88ml of rose wine 3 syns

Exercise: 20 mins moderate/intense on crosstrainer

Last edited:
Saturday EE

Lunch
Ham salad
Banana
Shape zero yogurt

Dinner
SW KFC (Chicken, breadcrumbs (HEB), egg, chicken bovril, herbs + spices)
SW Wedges - spicy
Salad:
-Tomatoes
-Cucumber
-Lettuce
-Beetroot
-Red Onion
-Pepper

Snacks
-Lots of Pineapple and some FF yogurt

HEA
Milk

HEB
2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf

Syns

Exercise: Trekked round town for lizard food and various craft stuff

Last edited:
Sunday - Green

Breakfast/Lunch
Pineapple + FF yogurt

Dinner
Risotto just made with risotto rice and chicken stock. V om nom!
Salad - same ingredients as yesterday :)

Snacks
Banana
Pineapple + ff yogurt
Plum

HEA
28g parmesan

HEB
5 X Laughing Cow light

Syns

Last edited:
Monday - Green

Lunch
Cous Cous
Salad (same ingredients as yesterday)
Pineapple
Shape zero yogurt

Dinner
Syn free pizza :D

Snacks
Strawberries with FF yogurt and splenda OM NOM!

HEA
2 x 42g Mozzarella

HEB
2 x wholemeal bread

Syns
Extra bread mix in pizza 6 syns
Milk in tea/coffee 1 syn
Crunchie 9.5 syns
Total 16.5 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday - EE

Lunch
Noodles
Salad
-Pepper
-Tomatoes
-Mushrooms
-Gherkins
-Wafer thin ham

Dinner
AMAZING dinner made by the bf! <3
Roast chicken
Roast sweet potatoes and normal potatoes
Roast butternut squash
Sugarsnap peas
Broccoli
AND OMG was it divine!!! and not a syn in sight! :love::candledinner: v. lucky lady <3

Snacks
Strawberries with FF yogurt and splenda OM NOM!
2 boiled eggs
Banana x2 with FF yogurt

HEA
Milk

HEB
Too full to contemplate eating anything else

Syns
Don't feel like i need any today :)

Wednesday Green

Lunch
Noodles
Stockcube
Cherries
Laughing Cow (HEA)

Dinner
Pasta
Sauce made from
-Tinned tomatoes and passata
-Baked beans
-Kidney beans
-Butter beans
-Onion
-Pepper
-Garlic, basil and beef oxocube
Cheese (HEB)

Snacks
Cherries
Pineapple and FF fromage frai

HEA
Milk

HEB
42g Cathedral City Light
Laughing Cow light triangles x 3 (only took 3 for lunch and only just remembered, but don't fancy any at 1:30 am :p )

Syns
Martini Extra Dry 35ml with soda water 1.75
Made a SW giant jaffa cake and had a tiny bit of jelly and licked the spoon when making it so going to say (after careful calculation) 1
1/8th of my raspberry jaffa cake, tis gorgeous!! 3.5

Weekly syns left: 98.75

Last edited:
Back