★~~★ team 28 the 100% cders ★~~★

Hello to Suranne, who would like to join us (I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind!!!) She's on day 6, so around about where we are at the mo^^

Anyway, welcome, Suranne, it'd be great to hear all about you :D

Hi everyone (and thanks again for the invite BubblyPenguin :D)

I'm 27, from Liverpool, and I'm on day 7 today (have my weigh in tomorrow morning). Hoping to lose 5 stone in total and this is the first diet I've been on (and I've been on lots over the years!) that I can actually see myself sticking too. I'm not feeling hungry at all and am actually starting to enjoy the shakes (especially the chocolate tetras!).

It's been really hot here today so getting water down me has not been a problem today, but I have struggled over the last few days. Have been adding extra to each shake so hopefully that's made up for it.

Anyway, hope you're all ok, and I'll check back soon :)

Last edited:
Helllooo ma cool slimtastic team mates

We should now have a full house so the members we have are:

Emmapetty
Bubblypenguin
Sass
Susan1145 (I think thats right?)
Suranne
and Laila

Just waiting to hear from Susan as I did direct her to the team thread but I will try to find her again somewhere. This forum gets a little getting used to so many sections.

Hey Everyone,

Hope it is all going well, just hve a few minutes to spare as my LO is still awake and driving me bonkers!:family2:

Went for my weigh in today and I have lost 2.5 lbs which is great considering how much I have been naughty.

I am determined to go all the way without cheating this week, and see what the results are watch this space.

Hayley well done on your fantastic weight loss!!!

I am loving this diet too, I didn't get any of the headaches but I remember feeling a bit dizzy after about 4 days which passed quickly.

Now I feel absolutely buzzing, and trying to do some well overdue chores.

I have to say I love the chill soup, I love spicy food sometimes I add some tobasco to the tomato for a little kick. I am trying the tetras this week as people are saying they are nice.

Mushroom soup was jst too much for me so I had to swap one. I also have some more bars this week, but will hve to space them out as they do make me want to eat more than 1 in one day.

I am 25 although my body makes me feel more like 55 as the weight has played havoc on my joints.

How have you guys been dealing with cravings or have you not had any? I am ok now but last week TOM was here and I was feeling terrible but now back to normality pheeew. Even my CDC was saying because of her TOM she would eat 3 bars....lol what us women have to go through eh?

Anyways, hope your all doing great, we need to elect a team leader so please put your hnds up if you don't mind being the leader of the group. You will have to put forward our results every week.

Take care

Laila x

Evening peeps - Welcome to the team suranne, Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow :D

Thought i better come here, god for some reason tonight it has really bothered me that i'm not eating what the family is having. I kinda let rip at my OH because he didnt seem to understand grrrr, so here i am hiding away in my room whilst they are in the lounge eating. I do still have 1 pack left but im kinda saving that for about 9 o'clock.

Hows everyone else doing today ?

Laila - Congratz on the 2.5lb loss hun and we will be here for you every step of the way next week to help you be 100%.

Clare - How did you get on with the oriental chilli soup ? I think for me it was the bits in it that put me off.

Well done, Laila, that's a great loss, considering- and more importantly you're feeling great with it- that makes the battle much easier. Haven't really had any cravings at all, but I have a feeling the next couple of days I might, now the excitement of something new is beginning to wane!

I had the chilli soup for lunch and surprised myself by actually enjoying it! I think I should save it for when I have the craving for a curry- should do the trick ;)
Crumbs 3 bars a day! Someone post on the forum earlier that they did that and have had a bad tummy as a result.

I'm just getting to the stage this evening where I'm bored of sweet stuff and am craving savoury- and not soup! I've just had a golden veg drink which has helped, so I'll dig into jelly and ice-cream (tetra) soon when OH comes home and finish with half a hot shake before bed (be like a cup of cocoa^^)

You sound really focussed this week. I'm determind to go 100% because in the last few week it's really dawned on me that I'm only cheating myself- and when I give in it's a downward spiral for me..so not even going there!

I've got my TOTM coming up and it's when I'm on a camping trip with school- so combine that with CD- it'll be a challenging week! I was supposed to be in charge of shopping for food daily, but I might see if I can swap that job! Made the mistake of walking past the bakery counter in tescos today when I was picking up veg for the piggies- torture. Thank goodness OH knows how to order online!!!

Speaking of which- I'd better shoot as he'll be finishing work any second and will want a lift!

As for team leader I don't mind whoever does it- but maybe you'd like to, Laila, as you organised the group initially?

Thx Clare I survived !! all dinner has been eaten and i can leave my room wooohooo :) wow those feelings of needing to eat are very hard to deal with when they do come.

Hi everyone, is it still ok to join? Bit about me - I'm from Liverpool and had my first wi today and lost 9 pounds - thought it would put me on a high but so feeling a bit low as was wondering how long its going to take to lose it all.

Need to keep motivated and thinking of starting swimming after work this week

Sue

Clare - How do you make ice cream from tetra - is it just frozen? I'm just trying different ones at mo - loved strawberry shake but not so keen on the tetra. I'm just sticking to choc, strawberry, banana shakes with tomato soup and porridge.

Its a bit difficult with work - does everyone else just take a tetra?

I live alone so have decided not to tell people I'm on this diet but I'm having to find excuses not to accept invitations - example was went out today with my friend and her kids and she kept offering me all kinds of food. I know she doesn't agree with these VLCD but she is a third of my size and ddoesn't understand what its like to be this big. I am 37 now and don't want to hit my 40's looking as I do now

Sue x

Hi sue - welcome to the team, I know what you mean about some people not understanding. I haven't kept this to myself but am finding those closest to me are putting obstacles in my way already, like what are you going to do at this event and that event. Well right now i don't know how i will feel and one is just a week away, its my youngest sons 9th bday and my sister has offered to do a bbq at her house, which is great and i plan to be strong and i think i will be fine but tonight my mum was laughing saying surly you will eat at the bbq, don't think she really understand how the diet works but hayho that's just something we have to deal with.

Also i feel just the same as you about losing weight and often think its to big a mountain to climb but nothing is to big or to hard to overcome and i'm sure with the support of each other we will all get there so stay strong hun, we are all in this together.

I don't work so i cant answer your question re the tetra to work question sorry, but i'm sure one of the team will be around at some point to answer for you.

Have a great evening, look forward to getting to know you xx

thanks Hayley looking forward to getting to know everyone too.

My mum understands I want to lose but as she's heard it before, I feel as though I can't tell her at moment.

Everytime I go to their house, my parents want me to stay for food. I have said no for few months now but always feel guilty

I hope after maybe a month or 2 I will feel confident enough to tell people

Have good evening xx

Hiya Susan and welcome :D

It is hard when there are people who don't understand what it's like to be 'our size' and the problems it brings. You need incredibly strong resolve at times to stick to what you know is right for YOU. I've always been a worrier about what others think, but this time, no way- I'm doing this for me because I know what a difference it will make to MY life. I'm am lucky that I do have a supportive network- I've found it easier to tell people- they have noticed a really positive change in me and because of that they are supporting me.

Where do work? I work in a school, so I have access to microwave, fridge, boiler etc in staffroom. I've been eating soups- I spose you could treat it just like a cuppa soup really. There is also a freezer compartment in the fridge so I can store ice. I have also bought a cheap hand-blender to take into work :D I think part of support from my colleagues sees me eat something different all the time- I even had some porridge in there for break the other day (had half left over from breakfast!). I've also bought the CD shaker so I can dilute a tetra and have a nice big 'smoothie' as the kids believe hehe.

Speaking of tetras, just bung them in the freezer- I cut mine in half when frozen and store the other in a tub- be careful though the strawberry one has been in there since yesterday and was rather hard today- coulda done with a bit of time to warm a bit. Prolly best, if you can to put it in about 3 hours before I think :D

Is there a reason you're not doing the other shakes? Or are you sticking to tetras for convenience? I get bored easily so I'm always playing with mine- girls make sure you try a mix of banana and choc- scrummy- had a quarter of each, lots of ice!

Hayley- I think it's down to people not understanding the diet. Are they also a similar size to you, or struggle with your weight? The guys at work had LOADS of questions (and worries at first) when I started. I took in the 'inspiration' magazine from my CDC and lots of info that she gave me for them to read- it seemed to help them see where I was coming from- the before and after photos were a real help!

When you go to the bbq, make sure you take a shake/bar/something with you, and something that you really like- choc mint maybe hehe, will be easier to resist, but I'm sure you won't have a problem!

I know this journey that we're on is HUGE, but we WILL get there- we have the support of each other for a start. We're doing this for us, not anyone else. If you get a bit unsure, check other people's signatures and the wonderful inspirational slideshow of pics- I showed it to my OH it's great motivation.
Also, I have downloaded a spreadsheet from another post which allows you to enter your weekly weight loss and predicts goal date as well as giving you lots of other funky details- that's a real motivator too!!!

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/22861-graph-spreadsheet-2.html

Should take you to the right page- it's the one on page 2, which has something extra. Not sure if it's been updated since, but works for me- I like a visual boost!

Anyway, hope that helps a bit- this is all new to me too, but hey, what an adventure!!!!

Thanks Clare

I'm sticking to tetra's at work as its easier - I work for Royal Mail in an office of men so prefer to keep my diet private - Maybe once I lose 1st 3 stone I may tell them but not comfortable at moment.

I want this to be about me and not have other people having opinions about this type of diet.

I'm glad my CDC told me about this site as I don't feel so alone now

Take care everyone xx

Oh yes i like the idea of a logo :D i like sparklies and twinklies !!!

I'm off to bed now, will catch you all tomorrow, night night 100% CDers xx

Clare - I've just downloaded weight loss chart to my desktop and its really good - thanks

Wow that weight chart is great, really motivates you to keep on track when you see the date you are likely to reach goal!

Just had a tetra for the first time, as gorgeous as it was, it doesn't fill you up as much as a shake but lovely anyhow so will have them as treats now and again.

Hope your cravings are getting better Hayley, I have been on the CD three weeks now and I have noticed you get patterns of cravings, it comes in waves and if you can get through those bad moments you will be all the better for it. Cheating comes with a whole load of guilt that you have to deal with the following day, you spend so much time worrying whether you will gain weight and it takes time to get into the motion of things again. So my advice is to try to ride out the craving, and do something else if you can.

Clare - I know what you mean about not cheating. I really think its just not worth it, I can tell you girls from the other side, that plate of food might look great, but it will taste like cardboard because your tastebuds have had break and it will leave you feeling bloated and probably get an upset tummy. The following day you will just hate yourself as well - not worth the hassle! Get in bed with your partner instead lol :p

I am really geared up to do this now, Ive had my blips, im just going to get over it and get on with this diet now and stop faffing about as we CAN ALL DO THIS!

Susan - You have done so well, I know its hard to think how will I lose this weight but you are better off than you were not losing it if that makes sense. Look at each week, dont look to far ahead as it can be daunting. Every week you lose weight,new things will emerge, new curves, bones you had forgotten you had, clothes will start to loosen, skin will brighten and you will get a bounce in your step, so just keep going 100% and you will get there really soon I am SURE! I know you are going to do this you have done the hardest part already which was making the mental committment to do something about :)

btw Haven't heard from emma, hope she is ok...

Hope you all have a good nights sleep, if you have any problems please come here and post first, you will feel much better if you can talk to someone first.

Take care girls

laila x

Last edited:
Back