♥ ~*~ Tanya's Diary No 3 ~*~ ♥

Thanks Theresa, I must invest in some new ones soon.

Tanya, good to hear you are back to your proper routine tomorrow, good luck chick xx

I actually can't wait Mary.
Im not looking forward to tonight in work as i am absolutly shattered, even with 2 hours kip this afternoon. But, once its over i'll be back into routine thankfully! lol

Well done Tanya, bet you are made up!!!!

Jan,

I have the same scales and they work by putting a minute electric current through you, which is why they are unsuitable for people with pacemakers. They measure how fast the current goes through and this gives a fat percentage.

Well you learn something every day! Thanks for that :) x

Oooooo and WELL DONE on that 8lb loss!!! :D

Tanya, I am looking into Nordic walking...apparently it: -

exercises your whole body
calorie burning increases when using poles by an average of 20% ompared with ordinary walking.
energy consumption up to 46% higher!

AND LOTS MORE THINGS BESIDES...

I am trying to organise a private group lesson for 2 hrs. It is good if you have knee or joint problems and arthritis!!Enjoyable too as you can go with a group as there are lots of groups doing these Nordic walks every weekend.

Have a look at their website...cant type it here as a link, but it is nordicwalking . co . uk :)

Might be something different to just walking and an alternative/extra to running!!

I actually can't wait Mary.
Im not looking forward to tonight in work as i am absolutly shattered, even with 2 hours kip this afternoon. But, once its over i'll be back into routine thankfully! lol

It does feel good when we are back on track and following a routine. You will soon get back into the swing of things, dont forget, you have had a hectic couple of weekends, what with being away and your Dads party.

Hi Tanya,

I don't know if you have an iphone or not, but there's a great app called 'couch to 5k' which builds up your running week by week. Three sessions a week, starting with short runs with walks in between. I did it earlier this year and it was fantastic. It literally talks you through everything and gives great encouragement. I'm now almost up to an hour's running at a time and enjoying it. I'd strongly recommend giving it a try...

Melanie

I don't know if you have an iphone or not, but there's a great app called 'couch to 5k' which builds up your running week by week. Three sessions a week, starting with short runs with walks in between. I did it earlier this year and it was fantastic. It literally talks you through everything and gives great encouragement.
You don't need an iphone, I downloaded the podcasts onto my MP3 player. The musics not my taste at all, but I was too busy concentrating on not passing out for the first few weeks to notice! LOL! I startes AGES ago, but am now up to W5D3 (20mins running) when I couldn't run for ONE minute when I started? It's a good way to build up your stamina?
Oh, and theres a thread for us on the fitness forum (though it's been a bit quiet lately...:eek:)!

Thanks Iris. Will look into that, but im not sure i could do it if its like a class where you have to pay..:rolleyes:

I do have the iphone yep - guna look that bad boy up in a minute. What does it actually do?

So today, so glad im back into normal routine getting up usual time is nice. I am going out saturday so there will be some vodka involved and the bf bought ingredients last night for burritos for dinner on sunday as a little 'celebration' for me passing yesterday. So sunday will be a true test. Im going drinking saturday night and im determined not to pick on sunday!! :fingerscrossed:

Thursday 10th June

B- 2 slices wholemeal toast, 1 with utterly butterly 1 with peanut butter. Banana.

*1 thin slice soreen dipped into LF custard.

L- salmon & salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn & butter beans). Apple with LF yog.

*3 seafood sticks

D- satsuma & 2 caramel snackajacks

*2 slices cheee, ham dipped into onion & garlic dip.

*3 black coffee with sweetener
*1 small glass pepsi max
*1Litre water

*must must get up to 2 litres of water!!!!

Last edited:
You don't need an iphone, I downloaded the podcasts onto my MP3 player. The musics not my taste at all, but I was too busy concentrating on not passing out for the first few weeks to notice! LOL! I startes AGES ago, but am now up to W5D3 (20mins running) when I couldn't run for ONE minute when I started? It's a good way to build up your stamina?
Oh, and theres a thread for us on the fitness forum (though it's been a bit quiet lately...:eek:)!

Irish, where do you get your downloads from? Are they free? And does it got through with you like ok now walk for x seconds, now run for x seconds? like tells you when to run and walk?

Edit: Not to worry sweetie i found it! Im guna do this one! I think im guna get on better with this than just going in all guns blazing trying to run!

Last edited:
Menu looks good Tanya - I have not had Soreen in ages........now you have the seed planted in my brain, lets see if I can resist haha.

hahah soweeee Mary! :p

HaHa - I used to like soreen too - not sure about the custard tho' - give me butter anytime ;)

You're getting there Tan - routine's good - helps to keep us on track.

I've got that download somewhere - on my MP3 player I think ... but that's as far as I've ever got with it LOL :D xx

I've got that download somewhere - on my MP3 player I think ... but that's as far as I've ever got with it LOL :D xx

:giggle: Im determined to do it. I wana be able to get more than my required 5.4 in the shuttle run during my officer safety training. Im guna smash that level! :giggle: :fingerscrossed:

Thanks Iris. Will look into that, but im not sure i could do it if its like a class where you have to pay..:rolleyes:

I think you have to pay to start.....have a taster...there was an article in the freebie paper where you could pay £5 for a 45 min taster. I think once you have the sticks you can walk anywhre,,,but yes, it would probably cost money at the start sweetie!!

I do have the iphone yep - guna look that bad boy up in a minute. What does it actually do?

So today, so glad im back into normal routine getting up usual time is nice. I am going out saturday so there will be some vodka involved and the bf bought ingredients last night for burritos for dinner on sunday as a little 'celebration' for me passing yesterday. So sunday will be a true test. Im going drinking saturday night and im determined not to pick on sunday!! :fingerscrossed:

Well you deserve it Tanya, cause you did well!!

Thursday 10th June

B- 2 slices wholemeal toast, 1 with utterly butterly 1 with peanut butter. Banana.

*1 thin slice soreen dipped into LF custard.

hahaha...this made me laugh....what a strange combination.....

L- salmon & salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn & butter beans). Apple with LF yog.

D- satsuma & 2 caramel snackajacks

*2 black coffee with sweetener
*1 small glass pepsi max

Looks good Tanya...was it nice getting back to normality?

:giggle: Im determined to do it. I wana be able to get more than my required 5.4 in the shuttle run during my officer safety training. Im guna smash that level! :giggle: :fingerscrossed:

And you will do it Tanya!! You run, run, run, while you can!! Seriously...I really miss it and just wish I could run. I get so jelous when I see people running, cause i desparately want to do it too and cant!

Now, it is like when you see some knitting..hahaha..sorry, but just had to get that in....but has it happened to you,when you see someone knitting and you really just want to knit yourself!!!!!! hahah..sorry guys!!

Knitting? Naaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! :rotflmao:

Soreen & custard ... well, i didnt want butter and i had just heated the custard up for the bf to have with the rhubarb crumble i made yesterday so thought hmmm i'll try that ... quite nice! :giggle:

If anyone can do it - Tanya Jane can :)

hahhaha......resist, resist, resist.........BIKINI, BIKINI, BIKINI :8855:

ICMELER, ICMELER, ICMELER.

Knitting? Naaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! :rotflmao:

Soreen & custard ... well, i didnt want butter and i had just heated the custard up for the bf to have with the rhubarb crumble i made yesterday so thought hmmm i'll try that ... quite nice! :giggle:

I am with Jan on this one, give me a scraping of lurpak on my soreen any day :8855:

Now custard with treacle or syrup sponge is another matter.

Ooooo I LOVE syrup sponge with LOADS of custard :eek: That's what I had on my birthday .. YUMMY!!!

Oh btw - bugger a SCRAPING of lurpak ... how rude!

Last edited:
:rotflmao:

I put soreen in my mums lunch the other day, butterd it with the dreaded clover (she bloomin loves the stuff) and i put a thin scraping on, asked if that was ok and she looked at me as if i was having a laugh and told me to whack some more on there she don't do thin layers!!!! :giggle:

Also, had 2 slices of cheese and some ham dipped into a little onion & garlic dip when i got home from work just now.

Last edited:
Back